ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Oswego TE Deakon Tonielli is planning official visits

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Oswego (Ill.) junior three star ranked tight end recruit Deakon Tonielli (6-foot-5, 210 pounds) was able to make a recent spring practice visit to the University of Cincinnati. Tonielli also recaps his latest recruiting news including Tonielli beginning to set up official visits for this summer.

"I was able to able a spring visit to Cincinnati a few weeks ago before I started spring break," Tonielli said. "I also was on spring break last week and I was able to spend the week in Florida and had a really good time away from home."

Tonielli recapped his recent visit to Cincinnati.

"Overall I had a pretty good visit to Cincinnati. They are in the process of doing some really big renovations to it's facilities including building a new indoor facility. I really loved the campus at Cincinnati and I like how the school is located in the middle of the city. It's just a very open campus and had a really good feel. I also was able to see the housing for athletes and they have a great set up called the Deacon. The Cincinnati coaches really like my game and said they will stay in contact with me."

Does Tonielli have any additional spring visit plans?

"I don't have any other spring visits planned, but I'm starting to look at setting up some official visits for this summer. My plan is to take say 3-4 official visits before the season then maybe one more official visit in season. I have an official; visit set to Illinois on June 5th thru the 7th. I'm also going to also take an official visit to Michigan on June 15th thru the 17th."

While Tonielli has started setting up some official visits, he is still in contact with several schools who have yet to extend his a scholarship offer.

"I'm still talking to some Big Ten schools who haven't offered me a scholarship yet but who still have a lot of interest in me. I'm still in touch with the coaches from Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin and also Iowa. A lot of those coaches will be back in school starting in a week or so and want to evaluate me again so I'm still open for now."

So what will it take for a potential school to land Tonielli's commitment?

"The end game for me is to go where I can develop my game and be ready to play in the NFL, but also a school where I can still earn a strong degree I can fall back on after graduation. Early playing time will be important along with a school that can just develop me along with finding a school that just feels like home."

Does Tonielli have a time frame for making his college choice?

"I'm not in any rush to make a decision for now."

Deakon Tonielli has multiple scholarship offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News