ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Marist 2022 OT Deuce McGuire adds a Michigan State offer

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Chicago Marist sophomore OT Deuce McGuire (6-foot-5, 280 pounds) was able to add an offer on Tuesday night from Michigan State. McGuire discusses his latest offer from the MSU Spartans and more in this update.

"It's a nice surprise (adding a Michigan State offer)," McGuire said. "They had a few coaches follow me on Twitter and they have been showing more interest but it's been nothing major until tonight when they offered me."

So what does McGuire know about adding his latest offer from Michigan State.

"I know that it's one of the top Big 10 programs and that a lot of NFL linemen came out of there. They also have a brand new coaching staff from Colorado."

So how has McGuire been dealing with the pandemic shutdown these days?

"I've been hanging in there. E learning and online classes have been going well and I've been trying to make due with what I have at home with working out and conditioning."

McGuire has also stayed in touch with a few college coaches recently.

"It's been hard to communicate with the college coaches just because I'm a sophomore, but recently I've been in building a relationship with the coaches from Duke, Northwestern and Toledo have been in touch and I'm also starting to build a relationship with Illinois."

McGuire, like everyone else these days will now just sit and wait.

"I had visits planned to Miami of Ohio. Iowa, Wisconsin and Northwestern and all of those visits have been cancelled. Notre Dame also invited me to a camp this summer. Most of the colleges are just kind of playing it and staying low key and waiting to see how all of this plays out."

Thoughts on Deuce McGuire recruiting: I fully expect McGuire's recruiting stock to keep growing along with his list of Power 5 offers later this spring and summer. Sure a lot of unknowns remain with this pandemic like will we have a spring evaluation period (I say no) and if/when college camps are allowed to fire up (I'm being told more and more that colleges are planning without hosting camps). Look for more offers to come for McGuire this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News