ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Marian Central Catholic 2022 OT Luke Dalton is getting around

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Woodstock (Ill.) Marian Central Catholic 2022 offensive tackle recruit Luke Dalton (6-foot-5, 300 pounds) has continued to see his recruiting stock rise this summer, and Dalton has made an abundance of recent camp and unofficial visits. Dalton checks in and break down his recent travels and recruiting process here.

"I've been pretty busy traveling over the past few weeks," Dalton said. "I've made camp and unofficial visits over the last few weeks to Indiana, Michigan, Kansas and also Northwestern. I'm also going to make unofficial visits Thursday to Miami of Ohio and then Ball State on Friday."

Dalton gave us his initial impressions from his recent visits.

"I had a really cool visit to Indiana. I love the entire LEO thing and I really got along with (head coach) Coach (Tom) Allen and also Coach (Darren) Hiller (offensive line) and they are just awesome coaches. I also had a great discussion with the Indiana strength coaches and they are a big selling point. They talked about some area's of my game and my training that they feel could help me. Indiana also has great facilities and also Bloomington is just a great city."

"Michigan was by fare the nicest place that I've been able to visit so far. Ann Arbor is a good sized city and the school is located in the middle of the city and it's just a great school and campus. Coach (Jim) Harbaugh was just really nice to me and my family and overall I had an awesome visit. Michigan is pretty interested in me and it's pretty much the same with Michigan as it is with the other Big Ten schools. I'm one of the next guys up for them and they have offers out for now."

"Kansas was also a cool visit and they have a newer coaching staff on hand and I was able to meet and get to know quite a few of the new coaches at Kansas. The coaches at Kansas told me that they won't offer any official visits or very many offers until the fall since they are still new to the job. They want time to get to know kids and get time to make more evaluations. I really liked the Kansa staff including head coach Lance Leipold and they have been just very cool and upfront about everything. Kansas is also a great school and the coaches said they would remain in touch with me this summer and into the fall."

"Northwestern has always been one of my top schools and I was able to have a good visit and I spent a lot of time with Coach (Kurt) Anderson. I ended up camping with Northwestern and it was a well run and organized camp. I've been in contact with Northwestern and Coach Anderson for a long time now and we have a great relationship. Coach Anderson said I really helped myself by camping with Northwestern and I moved up the recruiting board. Northwestern is looking at me as more of a developmental recruit, someone who can come in and work, learn more and improve my skills for a year or so. Northwestern has a few kids committed and they also have some offers out but they really like me and I could be one of the next guys up for them."

So what feedback has Dalton gotten from these schools on his visits and where he stands on their recruiting boards?

"The feedback from the college coaches at all of these visits is that they really like me and that I'm the next guy up for them in many cases. The coaches all want me to wait a bit and see how things go over the next month or so."

Luke Dalton has multiple scholarship scholarship offers.

My Take on Luke Dalton's Recruiting: Dalton has made a tremendous amount of improvement in his game as well as physically over the past year or so. Several of the bigger Power 5 schools have Dalton high up on the recruiting board but they also haven't really given him any real indication if an offer will follow. Dalton has some strong non Power 5 offers already and he will need to make a decision soon....either take a scholarship offer from the non Power 5 schools or roll dice and hope/wait for the Power 5 schools to offer. My take is Dalton will wait a little bit this summer before making a decision....but the clock is also ticking and those non Power 5 offers won't be around for long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News