ADVERTISEMENT

Update: H-F LB Mario Wright recaps Iowa Junior Day visit

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
H-F 2018 ILB Mario Wright was one of several top in-state names who took part in Iowa's Junior Day event on Sunday.

"Iowa was super cool. It's just a very nice school and the football program is extremely storied. I liked it alot."

"I was able to talk to a lot of the coaches at Iowa. From what they were saying it seems like they are really interested in me and that they were happy I was at Iowa on Sunday. Iowa said they will be getting back in touch with me soon and visiting me in school this spring."

"Today (Sunday) was my first time encountering the full deal at Iowa including getting to know the coaches and the school as a recruit. The whole school inside and out was different from anything I've ever experienced. The football program has shown that they mean business. With the the family based vibe and the genuine coaching staff, Iowa seems like a place that would fit what I look for in a school."

"It seems like the whole staff at Iowa wants to see the kids succeed in school first, but they also plan to give all their kids in the program the tools they will need to play on the next level if they ever want to give it a shot."

"I don't want to speak too soon...but if Iowa was to offer with them being so close to home and being so exceptional in football and in academics, they would get some pretty high interest from me and my family."

Does Wright have any other visit plans?

"Yup I'm heading to Illinois on Friday, Missouri on March 18th, then back to Miami of Ohio on April 1st. I might also go to Minnesota on March 25th."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News