ADVERTISEMENT

Update: 2019 Wheaton Academy QB Ben Thorson

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Had a chance to check in and get a quick update on Thorson's latest recruiting news.

"Recruiting has been going pretty well. We are expecting some of the college coaches to start coming into school this week to watch me throw in person."

"Before Christmas break Western Michigan, Miami of Ohio and Wyoming all came into school. Iowa and Illinois have been in touch pretty consistently. Both said they will be making in school visits to see me later this spring. I've also been starting to talk with Wake Forest and they are starting to recruiting me pretty heavily."

"I'm planning to get out to make some visits soon. Miami of Ohio and I also plan to get out and visit Iowa and Illinois at some point later this winter or early spring. Obviously I'll also get down to Western Kentucky (who offered Thorson a scholarship already) as well and possibly Wake Forest."

"Outside of school I've been just training and throwing. I'm actually also one of the leads in our school musical too so that's been different. It's been really fun to do. This year we are doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat."

Thoughts on Ben Thorson's recruiting: Thorson, who's the younger brother of Northwestern QB Clayton Thorson has a big arm, really good size and a ton of upside as well. While quarterback offers always seem to go out very early these days both Thorson along with NC QB Payton Thorson are two of the top pro style passers in this recruiting class from what I've seen so far. The real Spring Evaluation period (after Signing Day unlike the new spring period which is right now) will be telling in Thorson's process and I fully expect a ton of coaches to watch him throw live."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News