ADVERTISEMENT

Update: 2018 Hinsdale Central K Quentin Wallace

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Wallace is one of the better kickers I've seen live this season. I had a chance to touch base with him latest night and here is the latest on his recruiting process this fall. Wallace and the Red Devils take on Loyola at Loyola on Saturday.

"It's been a fun season so far and I really like our chances on Saturday against Loyola. I feel like I've been having a pretty good season kicking and having a strong senior year. I've been in touch with with several colleges and I'm just playing out the season and focusing on my team. Alot of colleges really don't start recruiting kickers until after the season so I'm still waiting to see which schools decide to offer a kicker."

"I was able to make an unofficial visit to Wisconsin not too long ago. I really like the program at Wisconsin and they stay in touch quite a bit. IU've also heard from USC and just several other schools this fall. They all want me to stay in touch and that they will look harder at me towards the end of the season."

"I had an offer from Cornell. I camped at Cornell and I also went to the Cornell spring game. I enjoyed it when I visited but I just didn't feel like Cornel was the right place for me so I decided to keep looking for a school to call home."

Thoughts on Wallace's recruiting: Again I've been impressed with Wallace's leg strength this season and he also possesses a pretty accurate leg as well. Kicker recruiting is about as hard as of a position to land an offer as any, so the process is still ongoing since several schools wait until after the season to determine if they will indeed be looking for a new kicker. Wallace definitely will draw more looks over the next month or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT