ADVERTISEMENT

Ugliest Uniforms (past & present)

Cat Box

Sep 23, 2012
This conversation got started as an off-shoot to another topic and deserves it's own thread.

GO!

Reactions: EdgyTim
Worst: Any of the Carmelite school uni's. Brown is not a good color.

2nd worst: Any all solid colors, particularly extremely bright.

Reactions: Bowie50

Disagree on the worst. Anything and white can look good if in proportion. Agree with Bones - all red is particularly harsh. I think of Tinley Park with their all red. I also recall those Waukegan uniforms with the purple, green and yellow.

Although "distinctive," the Kankakee HS maroon and powder blue rarely work together very well in a uniform or helmet.

STL
Carmel Mundelein
Bat-cavia
Prospects baby blue during the '90's
I love my Ramblers, but there has got to be some creativity in the future. At least we had maroon pants during the '90's...

STL
Carmel Mundelein
Bat-cavia
Prospects baby blue during the '90's
I love my Ramblers, but there has got to be some creativity in the future. At least we had maroon pants during the '90's...

Loyola's are classic. I like the moroon pants but don't think the current ones should be changed at all. St. Laurence unis are pretty classic as well.

MC's leg stripe is too wide.
SR's should go w/ SMU's design.
BR is looking better than ever.
PC all-whites look great.
LA's maroon helmet/white jersey/gold pants look electric under the lights.
F should stop tinkering and just go Raiders.
BMac looks great.
MCHS too much maroon.
DLS should go Chargers.

Anyone with the same-color-as-jersey numerals should be shot.

Agree. Batavia is pretty terrible with the red and yellow primary colors. Looks like what Ronald McDonald would wear if he started a football team.
get-out.gif

The one thing I really don't like are when jersey's and the numbers on the jerseys are the same color but different shades of that color.

Also cannot stand last names on the back of high school jerseys.

The only new jersey's I remember not liking was those new Naz jerseys from a year or two back which I completely did not like.

Wassup

The one thing I really don't like are when jersey's and the numbers on the jerseys are the same color but different shades of that color.

The only new jersey's I remember not liking was those new Naz jerseys from a year or two back which I completely did not like.

Wassup
You just won the minds and heart of every single media person

I like names on the backs of jerseys. Almost all solid colors together look terrible with the exception of white. Black pants with black jerseys are the worst.

I like names on the backs of jerseys. Almost all solid colors together look terrible with the exception of white. Black pants with black jerseys are the worst.
Disagree. I love black on black AND white on white. Its the colorful solids that erk me.

Wassup

I would imagine teams do this on purpose so that its nearly impossible to pickup numbers on film.

If a kid is going to be selfish and play for only himself, it matters not what's on the back of a jersey.

Look at the teams that have built dynasty's with multiple state championships like JCA, Mt. Carmel, Driscoll and Geneseo. These programs don't put player names on the back of the jersey's and there is a big reason for it,

Wassup

I think when you go all black you have to go black socks and helmets. When youre in all blacks youre dressing for the opponents final services

Look at the teams that have built dynasty's with multiple state championships like JCA, Mt. Carmel, Driscoll and Geneseo. These programs don't put player names on the back of the jersey's and there is a big reason for it,

Wassup
Rockford Boylan didn't lose a conference game for 6 years I believe and won a 6A title and a 7A title in back to back years. They have last names on their jerseys.....

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
But it IS more cost effective to not have names, that way schools don't have to reorder jerseys yearly. Just a thought.

Some schools simply have a patch with the name. The player keeps the patch school keeps the jersey.

Its 3 different kinds of brown - the 2 Carmels used to be the same, until MC dropped gold and darkened the brown. JCA is more a reddish brown, at least in the sun.

Wassup

The biggest reason is it is a pain in the ass to do when you don't order new jerseys every year.

Its 3 different kinds of brown - the 2 Carmels used to be the same, until MC dropped gold and darkened the brown. JCA is more a reddish brown, at least in the sun.

OK, they are still brown though. Classic yes, good look, no.

"Brown shoes don't make it." ~ Frank Zappa

Reactions: Cat Box

Wassup
Boylan kids pay a local uniform shop to stitch their names on the back. The problem is that there's always at least 7 to 10 kids that don't do it, so it looks real tacky. Either the whole team should have names on the jerseys, or none should have them

Boylan kids pay a local uniform shop to stitch their names on the back. The problem is that there's always at least 7 to 10 kids that don't do it, so it looks real tacky. Either the whole team should have names on the jerseys, or none should have them
I can agree with that.

How many pro sports teams(NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB) have brown uniforms? If it was a good color, teams would pick it. From a marketing standpoint... brown doesn't sell. How many people drive around in brown cars? Yellow would be hideous as well.

Reactions: Cat Box
How many pro sports teams(NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB) have brown uniforms? If it was a good color, teams would pick it. From a marketing standpoint... brown doesn't sell. How many people drive around in brown cars? Yellow would be hideous as well.
This discussion is getting deep now. NNfan tends to bring tremendous depth to these threads. :cool:

Only pro team I can think of with brown is the Cleveland Browns.

Padres...

Also, if you get a big body car from the 70's it should be brown sitting on 100 spokes... 3 wheel motion.

As for JCA i actually like the brown with the baby blue... The all whites with brown #s are cool.

Reactions: pjjp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT