ADVERTISEMENT

Ugliest Uniforms (past & present)

South Elgin's are gross
5683e9d3-2248-4998-9425-969f6d52c9df_normal_.JPG

Wasn't really a fan of Naz's either

Last edited:
NNFAN:

I looked at some of those uniforms and there is plenty of ugly. BUT, that Vancouver Canucks uniform is far from the ugliest they ever wore. You need to see what they wore from 1978-79 through 1984-85. Hideous and the worst hockey uniforms ever!

Look at the teams that have built dynasty's with multiple state championships like JCA, Mt. Carmel, Driscoll and Geneseo. These programs don't put player names on the back of the jersey's and there is a big reason for it,

Wassup

To be fair and true to your statement here, Wassup, most of these schools had dynasties well before it became fashionable for high schools to consider putting names on the back of jerseys. Does anyone remember high school kids wearing names on their jerseys prior to the year 2000? Or even 2010?

This discussion is getting deep now. NNfan tends to bring tremendous depth to these threads. :cool:

Only pro team I can think of with brown is the Cleveland Browns.

Agree on NNfan's thought provoking comments.

Only decent looking brown team uniform I can think of is Bowling Green. The orange makes the brown passable.

Brown uniforms are for UPS drivers.

This discussion is getting deep now. NNfan tends to bring tremendous depth to these threads. :cool:

Only pro team I can think of with brown is the Cleveland Browns.
Thanks, pjjp... I have so much depth I don't know what to do with it all. One advantage of brown pants is if you accidentally shart running off the field.

Reactions: pjjp
To be fair and true to your statement here, Wassup, most of these schools had dynasties well before it became fashionable for high schools to consider putting names on the back of jerseys. Does anyone remember high school kids wearing names on their jerseys prior to the year 2000? Or even 2010?

I graduated in '99 and we had names on our jerseys.

What color would you suggest a Carmelite school wear?

Uniform colors go in fads: at one point it was silver, then we had the teal era, then the black era, now the grey era.

If you win, anything looks good.
But if you come out in some really jazzy get-ups and lose, it looks like your priorities are off.

Last edited:
What color would you suggest a Carmelite school wear?

Uniform colors go in fads: at one point is was silver, then we had the teal era, then the black era, now the grey era.

If you win, anything looks good.
But if you come out in some really jazzy get-ups and lose, it looks like your priorities are off.
But if they have names on them, then you are not a team but a bunch of individuals...

I knew it.....Morris could have more than 10 state finals appearances if it wasn't for those damn names on back of their uniforms....btw they have had names on back of jerseys as long as I can remember and I'm as old as dirt(that's Edgy age)

Driscoll in the 80s.

Cat Box,

I graduated from St. Francis in the mid 1980s and we had jerseys with Saint Francis on the front and out names on the back.

We were 3-6 my junior and senior year but we beat Driscoll.

Reactions: Cat Box
These are far from the ugliest, because up close they look OK, but Marist last year had White Jerseys, with white numbers, with a slight red outline, so up close, they looked OK....from the stands though you couldn't tell any players numbers because the white on white lumped it all into one...

As I get older and the eyes begin to fade a bit, I hate any team's jersey where the number blends in. Fremd comes to mind right away for me.

Reactions: mmca
Dear Coaches, I understand you loved Coach Bo and the UM program, but any program, other than Michigan, shouldn't have the UM wings as a helmet decal.

Love the all blacks.... Must go black socks, black shoes, and black sleeves. Heck, we went black stripe on the black pants and black logo on the black helmet. All black everything!

Reactions: Cross Bones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT