ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Macon, Juju and LB3 Account for 400+ Yards

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
Three East Side alums accounted for most of the offense at the Mizzou spring game.

Not only did Macon add Man Size, he threw decently - a couple of picks though - but some nice bombs and lead drives for TDs under time constraints. Brady Cook also had a pick - not as many yards. The competition is still open for the two Sophomore signal-callers.

Luther Burden had a monstrous first half, as he led the team in receptions and had multiple highlight-reel caliber plays. Every pass he caught seemed to go for a big gain, whether it was a slant for a touchdown, a toe-tap sideline grab, or a big gain over the middle of the field. He had a TD

“Luther Burden and Dominic Lovett are having an East St. Louis battle so that’s fun,” Eliah Drinkwitz said at halftime.

The aforementioned Juju took it upon himself to compete with Burden, turning a couple of short plays into huge gains thanks to his speed. One he took all the way across the field and it looked like a high school play by "that one kid" who has it all - but this was an SEC defense, albeit depleted of some DBs.

One pundit went as far as say LB3 was the best player on the field. The boy should be getting ready for prom and getting stretched out for track ... yet here he is, being Touchdown Luther like always.

Probably not a good sign that Mizzou is out looking for QBs in the transfer portal.
Those two are the only scholarship QB’s on the team. When the new kid come there will only be three total. Regardless of who plays, they could use one or two more for depth. They only have one walk on QB as well.

Those two are the only scholarship QB’s on the team. When the new kid come there will only be three total. Regardless of who plays, they could use one or two more for depth. They only have one walk on QB as well.
I am sure they will go after a transfer most likely.

Hard to cheer for Mizzou but I wish them all the best!

Why hard to cheer for Mizzou? I agree root for kids from Illinois regardless. Now if they are playing against your favorite team well then that’s a different story. I will root for Mizzou unless they are playing Alabama or USC all other games I am all Mizzou. 😂

"I look at Luther like he's my son," said Demetrious Johnson, a former Missouri defensive back from the early 1980s who has advised Burden in the recruiting process. "I'm going to protect him as much as I can. I don't care who it pisses off."

Pulling out of the parking lot in a gray Impala, Burden III's car came as part of his name, image and likeness deal from the used-car inventory of Mercedes-Benz of Columbia. As that family friend and advisor, Johnson insisted that the receiver's transportation not be blinged out.

"They were willing to give him a very nice car, a Mercedes-Benz. I told him we were not going to do that," Johnson said. "We want to keep him very, very nice and humble. That was a decision I made along with the dealership. It's a reflection of who I am. … Make sure you don't get overwhelmed. Be very patient."

Burden III's NIL valuation is 19th nationally among high school prospects at $76,000, according to On3's rankings. His brand, LB3, already has a website featuring apparel. "LB3 is a movement where football meets fashion," the website states.

"I look at Luther like he's my son," said Demetrious Johnson, a former Missouri defensive back from the early 1980s who has advised Burden in the recruiting process. "I'm going to protect him as much as I can. I don't care who it pisses off."

Pulling out of the parking lot in a gray Impala, Burden III's car came as part of his name, image and likeness deal from the used-car inventory of Mercedes-Benz of Columbia. As that family friend and advisor, Johnson insisted that the receiver's transportation not be blinged out.

"They were willing to give him a very nice car, a Mercedes-Benz. I told him we were not going to do that," Johnson said. "We want to keep him very, very nice and humble. That was a decision I made along with the dealership. It's a reflection of who I am. … Make sure you don't get overwhelmed. Be very patient."

Burden III's NIL valuation is 19th nationally among high school prospects at $76,000, according to On3's rankings. His brand, LB3, already has a website featuring apparel. "LB3 is a movement where football meets fashion," the website states.
These kids should maximize every single available dollar.

These kids should maximize every single available dollar.
I agree but he is still a kid so let’s hope he is mature enough to handle the media and the money so it does not derail his opportunity down the road. We have all seen this happen with to many kids. I want to watch him on Saturdays then Sundays. Keep him humble and hungry everything else will fall in to place. Put the hard work in and rewards will follow. So far it’s seems he is handling everything well and has enough good people around watching out for his best interest. I am I fan and will be rooting for him at Mizzo!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
“There’s a chance it’ll be all St. Louis out there,” Drinkwitz said. “You’ll have Brady Cook, Cody Schrader, Luther Burden, Dominic Lovett and Mookie Cooper. That’s going to be really exciting for that city and our state.”

Tyler Macon is third on the depth chart presently.

“There’s a chance it’ll be all St. Louis out there,” Drinkwitz said. “You’ll have Brady Cook, Cody Schrader, Luther Burden, Dominic Lovett and Mookie Cooper. That’s going to be really exciting for that city and our state.”

Tyler Macon is third on the depth chart presently.
Interesting but He’s still developing.

While the Tigers (2-1) continue to unlock ways to put the ball in Burden’s hands — he caught six passes for 58 yards and ran three times for 8 yards on a handoff and two direct snaps — Lovett has settled into the slot position and become Cook’s most reliable and dangerous target. His 132 yards on seven catches Saturday marked the most prolific receiving day for a Mizzou wideout in nearly four years and nearly eclipsed his 2021 yardage total.

JUJU Lovett ignited the Mizzou passing game with his 79-yard catch-and-run touchdown and Luther Burden III dazzled the still-arriving crowd with a touchdown on his first collegiate punt return. By game’s end, the two former East St. Louis Flyers combined for 13 of Mizzou’s 21 catches and more than half the Tigers’ all-purpose yards.

After touching the ball just once in last week’s loss at Kansas State, Burden caught all six passes Cook threw him Saturday. He gave the Tigers 177 all-purpose yards.

Burden returned two more punts but spent a good chunk of the second quarter in the locker room. He landed awkwardly on the sideline at the end of a 22-yard punt return then went directly to the injury tent before going to the locker room with members of the training staff. He returned in the half’s final minutes in time to return another punt and catch an 18-yard pass on the Tigers’ final series of the half.

Reactions: Gene K.
While the Tigers (2-1) continue to unlock ways to put the ball in Burden’s hands — he caught six passes for 58 yards and ran three times for 8 yards on a handoff and two direct snaps — Lovett has settled into the slot position and become Cook’s most reliable and dangerous target. His 132 yards on seven catches Saturday marked the most prolific receiving day for a Mizzou wideout in nearly four years and nearly eclipsed his 2021 yardage total.

JUJU Lovett ignited the Mizzou passing game with his 79-yard catch-and-run touchdown and Luther Burden III dazzled the still-arriving crowd with a touchdown on his first collegiate punt return. By game’s end, the two former East St. Louis Flyers combined for 13 of Mizzou’s 21 catches and more than half the Tigers’ all-purpose yards.

After touching the ball just once in last week’s loss at Kansas State, Burden caught all six passes Cook threw him Saturday. He gave the Tigers 177 all-purpose yards.

Burden returned two more punts but spent a good chunk of the second quarter in the locker room. He landed awkwardly on the sideline at the end of a 22-yard punt return then went directly to the injury tent before going to the locker room with members of the training staff. He returned in the half’s final minutes in time to return another punt and catch an 18-yard pass on the Tigers’ final series of the half.
Mizzou and what it's done with the Metro East talent in addition to establishing a Schnellenberg circle around STL makes it that much harder for the Big Ten West schools to level up to the East Division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT