ADVERTISEMENT

Turkey bowl

Sparty Jones

Oct 28, 2004
I have seen stories where families have had turkey bowls since the 80’s or 90’s. My wife’s family started theirs in 1961 in Glencoe and we continue it in Grayslake uninterrupted to this day. My wife came from eight kids and I came from six so a good stock of players and their kids. Made a video if interested. Quags - perhaps worthy of a mention in the Daily Herald or the like?

Casey Turkey Bowl

I have seen stories where families have had turkey bowls since the 80’s or 90’s. My wife’s family started theirs in 1961 in Glencoe and we continue it in Grayslake uninterrupted to this day. My wife came from eight kids and I came from six so a good stock of players and their kids. Made a video if interested. Quags - perhaps worthy of a mention in the Daily Herald or the like?

Casey Turkey Bowl
Wow...that sounds fantastic...61 years.

I can certainly pass it on to me editor. Going to need more info. How do I contact you?

Casey Turkey Bowl
This is awesome

Casey Turkey Bowl

Awesome! I always thought you were a survey bot @EdgyTim planted on here to drive me crazy with fill in the blank questions on state title winners. Great stuff!

Reactions: Sparty Jones
Awesome! I always thought you were a survey bot @EdgyTim planted on here to drive me crazy with fill in the blank questions on state title winners. Great stuff!
My roles are to post trivia, throw in the occasional side story, root on my sons at Grayslake Central and DePauw, cheer on Glenbrook North, talk glory days from Buffalo Grove, and stay out of trouble.

A man’s gotta know his limitations - Clint Eastwood

Beautiful article about a great family and tradition.
Be careful out there Sparty—you’re not getting any younger!!

Reactions: Sparty Jones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT