ADVERTISEMENT

Top running backs,any class

He was a very good running back but Irving and Thomas were game changers that stand out just about every carry. Didn’t really see that from MC running back. I remember watching him against Loyola last year at mlb. Was a game changer. But makes sense why he’s playing RB with McCaravans explanation

Does grant return next year? Dude is a stud.
Jalen will be moving on, he’s been fun to see play the last 4 years. Best two way linemen in the state IMO.

Reactions: sivada2001
Isn’t Mack a junior that received way more reps last year and somewhat got demoted?

There is only one ball.
Mack is very talented and very versatile.
He is running much harder as this season has progressed and is now running through contact.
His ability to read and follow blocks has also developed well.
With his hands and sense of how to move in the open field, the sky is truly this young man’s limit.
A tremendous athlete who is allowing himself to be coached.

There is only one ball.
Mack is very talented and very versatile.
He is running much harder as this season has progressed and is now running through contact.
His ability to read and follow blocks has also developed well.
With his hands and sense of how to move in the open field, the sky is truly this young man’s limit.
A tremendous athlete who is allowing himself to be coached.
Great to hear that he’s taking a team first mentality.

Strong of Naz. He is strong as a bull and is fluid when making cuts. Will be even better on the next level

Absolutely. Jason Moore from De La Salle is pretty special too. Junior as well

I think jca has four or five underclass running backs that would start or be the feature back on 90% of the teams in the state.

The underclass rbs are thick this season. More than I can ever remember

I think jca has four or five underclass running backs that would start or be the feature back on 90% of the teams in the state.

The underclass rbs are thick this season. More than I can ever remember
I agree, except 90% sounds a little cocky / high, maybe 75%.

The entire state seems to be loaded with good sophomores and frosh.

Reactions: McEvergreen
I always thought juniors were upperclassmen, SO and FR underclassmen

k
Any idea on where he’s playing college ball?

Don't know about that. Just that he's a shorter guy that gave JCA a problem the last two years running behind a 3A line. Darren Sproles, Tarik Cohen. That kind of high school player

Reactions: penlight
k

Don't know about that. Just that he's a shorter guy that gave JCA a problem the last two years running behind a 3A line. Darren Sproles, Tarik Cohen. That kind of high school player

Yeah I’ve seen him. Maybe undersized but very explosive. I wouldn’t underestimate IC’s line play either.

Like I said, not all the time.

I am not sure your point. He would not be considered. a RB this season. Are you going to to be mad if he is not in a top QBs thread because he occasionally plays wild cat? Almost every Rb in the state plays WR at some point during the season to.

Art Taylor Batavia, followed by a little Quinn Urweiler.

Names to remember - AJ Sanders and Jalen Buckley
Googertys, How about pound them with Urweiler and run away from them with Taylor. I agree with your nomination though......Batavia has a different setup (strengths wise) than GBN, but both teams utilize 2 backs very well.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Sounds like the kid from St. Rita is an amazing athlete haven’t seen him play yet but I will this Saturday, only a sophomore and getting P5 looks is pretty incredible in itself

He is very shifty from east to west.

Reactions: SGW08
I know Tyler Morris is a "WR" but he can play Running-back just as well. Watched him during his youth career where he played Tailback and he was virtually untouchable for 3 years straight. Winning two national championships and back to back AYF National Tournament MVP awards in 2016 & 2017

I know Tyler Morris is a "WR" but he can play Running-back just as well. Watched him during his youth career where he played Tailback and he was virtually untouchable for 3 years straight. Winning two national championships and back to back AYF National Tournament MVP awards in 2016 & 2017
We going way back to youth days....definitely a Morris fan, I like him at receiver/jet sweep/reverse kind of guy. Has speed and hops

Coal City Daniel Jezik. Just passed 2000 yards yesterday. Tough kid, great balance, down hill runner. State champ in wrestling too. Has an offer from Oklahoma State for grappling
Saw him early in the season and yes, he is a ton. A true workhorse who makes a lot of people miss!

He is, probably more of a slot or corner at next level.
Agreed. But he's had a hell of year playing RB, WR and QB for our guys as well as at corner. He had 289 yards of offense against MC.

Decent size, he can fly and he has a great heart. Playing physical football is just fine with him. He's also a solid kick returner. Some college is going to get an absolute steal in two seasons. I'm just happy that we have him for at least one more game this season and what should be an outstanding 2020 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT