ADVERTISEMENT

Top running backs,any class

wasdo

Nov 1, 2004
Mine will be number 2 hillcrest. King of reminds me of a fighter jet being flung off of an air craft carrier . Good luck to this young man . I'm not saying his name ,maybe more people will go watch him play.

Mar’keise Irving
Kaleb Brown
Nate Thomas
Aaron Vaughn
Vaughn Pemberton
Jordan Anderson
Willie Shaw
Justin Johnson

Are all underclassman and all legitimate recruits.

Reactions: IgorStL and USD24
Sounds like the kid from St. Rita is an amazing athlete haven’t seen him play yet but I will this Saturday, only a sophomore and getting P5 looks is pretty incredible in itself

How about some we haven’t heard off very much....that RB for GB North looks legit. Who are the horses for GB West?

How about some we haven’t heard off very much....that RB for GB North looks legit. Who are the horses for GB West?
Both seniors though right? I limited mine to underclassman but yeah seniors would expand things greatly.

I wish akui from st Rita was still playing he was the Barry sanders of his time ,could of played Major League Baseball , also all state wrestling .. Great center fielder ,I watched him totally jump over the fence at Rita to catch a ball ,,honor student also .

Top RB's I've seen this year in person:
Irving
Nate Thomas
Anderson
Shaw
Vaughn
That's probably my draft order.

Last edited:
I wish akui from st Rita was still playing he was the Barry sanders of his time ,could of played Major League Baseball , also all state wrestling .. Great center fielder ,I watched him totally jump over the fence at Rita to catch a ball ,,honor student also .
He was amazing at 3 sports but lol at “could have played Major League Baseball”.

To me his ceiling is higher as a LB but yes if that part of his game didn’t exist he’d absolutely be on this list.

Becoming a two-way may not have been the best use of his talents. Last year, as a sophomore MLB, he was one of most dynamic players Carmel has ever put on the field. This year, as both a linebacker and the primary running back, he has been good, even very good, but not great at either. It's as if his talents have been diluted between the two positions. Offensively, he's been an effective weapon, valued for his versatility. Against Rice, for example, he ran for one score, threw for another, and caught a pass for a third. But he hasn't been a scoring machine like some of the other running backs, both past and present, that he could be compared to. Defensively, too, he's a little off from a year ago. Last year, he took over the game against Loyola and almost beat the Ramblers by himself. This year, he's one of many tools that Carmel has in its inventory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Becoming a two-way may not have been the best use of his talents. Last year, as a sophomore MLB, he was one of most dynamic players Carmel has ever put on the field. This year, as both a linebacker and the primary running back, he has been good, even very good, but not great at either. It's as if his talents have been diluted between the two positions. Offensively, he's been an effective weapon, valued for his versatility. Against Rice, for example, he ran for one score, threw for another, and caught a pass for a third. But he hasn't been a scoring machine like some of the other running backs, both past and present, that he could be compared to. Defensively, too, he's a little off from a year ago. Last year, he took over the game against Loyola and almost beat the Ramblers by himself. This year, he's one of many tools that Carmel has in its inventory.

That’s pretty natural, pretty hard to go two ways at an elite level against that level of competition. When he gets to college and can focus on just LB he will be an absolute beast.

As a Freshman he was strictly a RB and broke MC Freshman records. Soph he had a outstanding season at LB. This year, MC was actually thin, believe it or not, at RB. The senior transferred to Phillips after his Sophomore year. Another Junior who was supposed to get a lot of carries was dismissed from the school during summer camp, so they just had 2 Sophomores. MC had Austin Haygood to play LB with Swain and while not as fast as Odeluga, he’s been a tackling machine, leads the team in tackles and got 1st team All Conference. Next year with Swain gone you might see Kenenna go back to LB with Haygood because there was a Fr. RB at MC who was outstanding that I’m sure will be on Varsity. Whatever happens Odeluga is a special player.

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
Odeluga is a special player

I agree he has rare ability, but maybe it's spread a little thin. I know that you're plugged into the program, so we'll see what next year brings. I'm expecting a juggernaut, a team with very few weaknesses, a team not only better but exponentially better than this year's model.

Last edited:
I agree he has rare ability, but maybe it's spread a little thin. I know that you're plugged into the program, so we'll see what next year brings. I'm expecting a juggernaut, a team with very few weaknesses.

He was a very good running back but Irving and Thomas were game changers that stand out just about every carry. Didn’t really see that from MC running back. I remember watching him against Loyola last year at mlb. Was a game changer. But makes sense why he’s playing RB with McCaravans explanation

Does grant return next year? Dude is a stud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT