ADVERTISEMENT

This is cool

First things first I do like it, no one else has it that I know of. Secondly, summer heat and black field did cross my mind. Also, black uniforms on black field may not show up well on recruiting films so we better play well on the road.

Reactions: Bowie50
A direct quote from Coach Ivlow regarding the heat and the field from his twitter page-
“Trust me.. we looked into all of that. Technology has come a long way. The new “cool play” pellets reduce the surface temp significantly. Plus our games are at night and we are rarely in full pads.”

A direct quote from Coach Ivlow regarding the heat and the field from his twitter page-
“Trust me.. we looked into all of that. Technology has come a long way. The new “cool play” pellets reduce the surface temp significantly. Plus our games are at night and we are rarely in full pads.”
Huh?

They apparently have technology to counter the effect of the color. Also with the games being at night, heat should not be an issue. They hardly ever practice in pads (also reduces heat) so practice should be okay as well.

I would wear the black on black uniforms every home game to ruin scout films.

Reactions: CougsX
Putting dark-ish numerals without white outline along with black field, uniforms and helmets, then both live and video game-watching could be even tougher. By the way, hasn't the National HS Federation changed the jersey rules to require better numeral visibility? Not sure when that takes effect. These days, on scout video, to distinguish among players, one has to go to things like shoes, socks, towels on waist, arm/hand wear, etc. to ID people or positions.

They apparently have technology to counter the effect of the color. Also with the games being at night, heat should not be an issue. They hardly ever practice in pads (also reduces heat) so practice should be okay as well.

Questioned this till I found a link ( http://www.artificialgrassinc.com/products/cool-turf/ ) but it still sounds like an awful idea to me having played and coached on the stuff. Especially with Ivlow having primarily afternoon practices in the summer (or so I heard years ago).

image_handler.aspx

It's tough for us old timers, who grew up with actual grass, to get used to. I bet colored fields become the norm. Really the only reason they were green is because grass is green. I remember when having turf was not the norm.

Progress I suppose.

It's tough for us old timers, who grew up with actual grass, to get used to. I bet colored fields become the norm. Really the only reason they were green is because grass is green. I remember when having turf was not the norm.

Progress I suppose.

I am an old guy and I actually like the colored fields.
Boise States is awesome. Not all us old guys live in the past.

Progress I suppose.

I have to admit I am kind of shocked that BB would switch to a colored field. I would think HF would try it before BB.

I have to admit I am kind of shocked that BB would switch to a colored field. I would think HF would try it before BB.
They've been copying our swag for some time now. Stole our AD stole our coach. Copied our uniforms with the #'s the same color as the Jersey with the white outline. Then the different decals on either side of the helmet. Oddly enough this is also when they started beating us regularly.

I will grant them their athletic facilities are top notch, especially the athletic building with the inside field. They got us on that.

They've been copying our swag for some time now. Stole our AD stole our coach. Copied our uniforms with the #'s the same color as the Jersey with the white outline. Then the different decals on either side of the helmet. Oddly enough this is also when they started beating us regularly.

I will grant them their athletic facilities are top notch, especially the athletic building with the inside field. They got us on that.

That being the case, we should expect a colored turf at HF soon.

I am an old guy and I actually like the colored fields.
Boise States is awesome. Not all us old guys live in the past.

They're growing on me. I don't like the Boise State field, but I think the black will be easier for me to adjust to. But green feels normal. We got to break in SCN's field a couple years ago. They have the traditional look except they have two shades of green that switch every 5 yards. Looks great.

actual grass is tops. that said, the field turf is getting better and better.

What i love about the O. ducks is that they are different, and that is their brand...their brand is that they are different...they are not just different...that's very existential, but it's true.

The same has always been true about the brook..unis, helmets, etc...for that reason, i'm a huge fan. The ball they use should be white though. White balls...

I think the black may make some referring more difficult. I would think that some like to see the black pellets fly up when guys are trying to get feet in bounds. now it will all blend in.

News: Toyota, er, Seat Geek Dot Com Stadium may be in play now that the Chicago Fire have announced their criminally negligent owner may sell which would allow for the team to return to Chicago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT