ADVERTISEMENT

The Stage Who Stood Out? Part 1 0f 2

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I am the host of this camp meaning I have multiple responsibilities including making sure the camp is running on time etc. This no question limits my ability to watch multiple kids per each group. I rely heavily on my position coaches for feedback in many cases so if your kid was at the camp and they don't get mentioned....more often than not I just did not get a chance to properly watch/evaluate them here.

103 TE Brady Goken Wheaton South 2025- Measured in at 6-foot-2, 220 pounds and Goken just does a lot well here including showing great hands, the ability to just attack the football and his overall strength is higher level.

111 QB Riley Contreras Hinsdale Central 2026- Steady Eddie here. Will have one more season to lead the Red Devils offense and from the looks of things starting here with Riley....2024 could be a very good year for Hinsdale Central. Between this event and the Silver DGN Showcase lots of nice talent on board for 2024 for the Red Devils.

112 QB Brady Palmer St Francis 2026- Has the overall tools, look and feel of a high level QB here. Palmer is in a dogfight for the starting position with 2025 Jack Reilly and winning this job will NOT be easy. However, it looks to me that Brady is getting closer to a big breakout season sooner rather than later.

114 QB Jackson Alcorn Burlington Central 2025- A very steady and impressive QB here. In most other years I can see some FCS schools drawing more interest in Jackson...who I feel has FCS/D2 ability. Yet the QB position in 2025 is stacked and will make open scholarship harder to find. This kid is very capable.

117 OL Michael Varon Fremd 2025- Came ready to play and just never backed off the gas peddle. A good sized (6-foot-2, 288 pounds) interior OL here who was very strong in one on ones as well.

118 RB Brody Gish Lincoln Way East 2025- Has really impressive speed and burst and I can see him getting carries in the Griffins RB rotation this fall. Just a junior here and also a name to watch as well. Ran/tested very well here.

123 DL Jake Buckley Kaneland 2026- Good sized kid (6-foot-2 1/2 255 pounds) who passes the eyeball test. Battled all day in one on ones and took a ton of reps as well. Looked pretty athletic and fluid in testing and positional work.

127 OL Myles Batesky Libertyville 2026- Measured in at 6-foot-3, 271 pounds and he has the frame to get much stronger and bigger over the next few years. Was very solid in one on ones, has good hands/feet and is an athletic big man with some definite upside as well.

128 OL Paul Wyman Hononegah 2027- Young guy who has some ability and also the look of a kid who will get much bigger and stronger.

146 DL Tyler Fortis Maine South 2025- Tyler is a camp veteran who's overall game, maturity level and approach has greatly improved over the past few years. Fortis has an abundance of pass rush moves, impressive technique and a non stop motor. I can see Fortis being an eventual swing DL capable to playing anywhere needed on the defensive line.

147 QB Patrick Heneghan New Trier 2025- Has a bit more speed and quickness than I expected and Patrick tested really well here. Heneghan throws a good ball, has very good touch and feel and I can see him developing into a big time D2/high D3 level signal caller down the line.

150 ATH Calvin Kohl Bradley 2026- Great to have one of the Kohl's from Bradley in camp, a family that has generated a ton of impressive players over the last handful of seasons. Calvin is a multi-positional player who tested well here, has good size (6-foot-0, 205 pounds) who I can see developing into say S/WR/OLB down the line for the Boilermakers.

157 DE Joey Quinn Mount Carmel 2026 Has a real chance at developing into a Power 4 level recruit sooner rather than later. Has impressive size and length (6-foot-5, 240 pounds) and a frame that will allow him to carry much more good weight and strength. Needs to get qa bit more loose and fluid, but his overall upside is huge. MC might have the top DE tandem in 2024 both from the Class of 2026 in Quinn and Braeden Jones.

166 DE Saif Kokoszka Glenbard South 2025- High energy kid who wants to play college football about as much as any kid in this class. Physically, Saif is starting to fill out and add much more good weight and size. Summer one day camps will be huge for Saif and his recruiting process.

168 LB Niko Griggs Chicago Christian 2025- Great sized kid here (6-foot-3, 220 pounds) who is also a bit of an unknown for now. Ran and tested well here and Niko just has the look of a player with more physical upside left. Yet another name here that can greatly benefit in pads this summer at various college one day camps.

186 RB Amare Williams Wheaton South 2026- An impressive all around athlete with good size (6-foot-0, 173 pounds) who showed very well in both the testing phase along with positional work. Very interested to see his early 2024 season video for sure and a name to watch here.

189 LB Caleb Baczek Libertyville 2025- Libertyville has some talent back in 2024 including Caleb. Baczek looked the part and passes the eyeball test. Baczek also tested well, showed good speed and just made some nice plays in one on ones and positional work. No question a name to keep an eye on this summer here.

196 DL Reginald Milligan Plainfield East 2025 - Caught the eye of the positional coaches at this camp for his motor and eyeball passing physical tools. Milligan made some nice plays in one on ones and has a chance to draw more attention this spring and summer.

Check Part 2 for more names who stood out

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News