ADVERTISEMENT

THE Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2018 - Week Seven

If you don't support Mount Carmel all the time, don't support us any of the time.

Frankly, I'd appreciate your removing "MC Grad" from your board name. You don't deserve it.

I had a fraternity brother who was the biggest loud mouth for Notre Dame. I did not care for this particular guy much anyway. He was really obnoxious and over the top about rooting for ND, to the point I became disgusted with anything Notre Dame related. My disgust for him bled over into a disgust for ND.

I don't have any reason to hate MC (yet). Don't ruin it for me.

Why is it that every Friday morning you wake up and become “Mr CrankyPants”? Is it because you know the weekend is coming and your lawn Gnomes are in danger again from the kids playing in the neighborhood?

The man can root for whoever he wants to root for and if he graduated from MC, he has every right as you do to put them in his forum name. Stop policing the boards and harassing the forum members! That’s one of Edgy’s many hats to wear! (Policing the boards). And my self appointed job is to harass HHS should He make his glorious return to the forum.

I expect "crankypants" from the truly unclever, but I expect more of you. Lawn gnomes? C'mon.

No offense, but if you're not a "Carmelguy" you can't be expected to understand my earlier comment. It's a life-long thing that develops before grammar school.

I expect "crankypants" from the truly unclever, but I expect more of you. Lawn gnomes? C'mon.

No offense, but if you're not a "Carmelguy" you can't be expected to understand my earlier comment. It's a life-long thing that develops before grammar school.

You make it sound like it’s some kind of cult or something. I’ve always respected the school and especially the football program. One of a handful of the truly blue bloods in the state. It’s exciting just to get a chance to play them (and I hope WV will play them soon in a non con game). Don’t ruin it for me!

Then go find a mt Carmel forum, hold hands with other carmelites and sing cumbaya.

Then go find a mt Carmel forum, hold hands with other carmelites and sing cumbaya.

What's worse:

a. A collective of Mt. Carmel alums
b. A collective of Notre Dame alums
c. MC63 after 3 high balls on a Friday on his front porch screaming at the neighborhood kids

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
What's worse:

a. A collective of Mt. Carmel alums
b. A collective of Notre Dame alums
c. MC63 after 3 high balls on a Friday on his front porch screaming at the neighborhood kids

Screaming at the neighborhood kids? Can't you do better? Another guy said "AOL dial-up." The country really is dumbing down.

Actually 2 players - Renfro and Galigani. Still doing well. Destroyed Hope D line. Did very well against SR and BR but those teams stacked the box and neutralized our running games. Offense is still strong, they are young but still winning unlike SR and StL. They will get some great experience in the next 3 games and be more than ready for week 10. Thanks for noticing!
Those guards ain’t bad

I like Mount Carmel now but when I was at St. Rita we used to have fist fights with the kids on the 63rd Street bus coming home after school. Always respected their teams and actually a lot of the kids fighting became good friends afterward. Still love the CCL and all its teams now and want to see them all win but obviously that is impossible. Seen a couple of Mount Carmel games and the players, Coach Lenti & staff where gracious winners and also gracious losers in the games with Montini.

So kudos go to Mount Carmel and MC63 for sticking with his team even if he is a little cranky. I am often cranky myself, especially when I get my real estate tax bill. That crankiness comes with age after seeing how things are in the present day and age. So show a little respect for the elderly, hopefully you all will be able to enjoy your upcoming senior years.

I like Mount Carmel now but when I was at St. Rita we used to have fist fights with the kids on the 63rd Street bus coming home after school. Always respected their teams and actually a lot of the kids fighting became good friends afterward. Still love the CCL and all its teams now and want to see them all win but obviously that is impossible. Seen a couple of Mount Carmel games and the players, Coach Lenti & staff where gracious winners and also gracious losers in the games with Montini.

So kudos go to Mount Carmel and MC63 for sticking with his team even if he is a little cranky. I am often cranky myself, especially when I get my real estate tax bill. That crankiness comes with age after seeing how things are in the present day and age. So show a little respect for the elderly, hopefully you all will be able to enjoy your upcoming senior years.

Good call Gene!!

I need to check myself sometimes and dial it back from time to time.

On the property tax bill - that is an equal opportunity CrankyPants day no matter your age! I kick over my lawn Gnome every time I open it up.

It’s possible to demonstrate school loyalty and not be an asshat.

No Loyola was definatley the first to run the spread. Earliest I remember was 2009 and 2010 with malcon weaver at qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT