ADVERTISEMENT

THE Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2018 - Week Seven

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
592bf4439166ec75f42a2b5f94e03acc.jpg

In a week where the MLB Playoff system looks like it was designed by the IHSA, we're reminded that we wouldn't follow sports unless there's regional representation. Remember Fisk waving it fair or Bucky Dent or Reggie's homers or Gibson's walk-off? I don't, as they weren't from my region.

Anywho, the best-and-brightest technicians at Gambletron have upgraded their system to "projections" which essentially shaves a point or two from their previous algorithm's projections.

Chicago Catholic League Week 7

Leo(3-3) @ Hope(4-2)
[projection: Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 44-14]
TECH(0-6) @ SI(3-3)
[projection: St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 56-0]
Chicago Christian(4-2) @ SJ(1-5)
[projection: Chicago Christian (Palos Heights, IL) 28-21]
BR(6-0) @ MA(2-4)
[projection: Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 60-0]
SR(1-5) @ SL(2-4)
[projection: St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 28-14]
LA(3-3) @ DLS(4-2)
[projection: Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 35-19]
PC(5-1) @ MC(5-1)
[projection: Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 22-12]
MCHS(6-0) @ F(2-4)
[projection: Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 34-6]

Hope -30
Tech +56
SJ +7
Cadet +60
Rita -14
DLS +16
MC -10
Bronco -28

Only game of note is MC and Provi and I still for the life of me have no clue if Provi is good or not. The Provi defense is good but he offense does not exist.

SL and Rita could be good but Rita should handle the Vikings

Hope (sandlot football) over Leo by a lot -running, no, sprinting clock

St Ig over Gordon Tech 49-7

Chi. Christian over SJ - score, don’t really care

BR over Cadets - 60-0? What a kick in MAs pants! How about 42-7

Montini over Fenwick by a lot, running clock, 49-7

SR over StL - two teams searching for something- 24-21

LA over DLS - that “horrible” team from Wilmette wins 35-21

MC over Provi 27-14 - as another poster stated still after 6 weeks I don’t know what PC is all about; D is strong (except against sandlot football teams); jury out on O, too much dependence on running game; MC is clicking on all cylinders - if MC was still just a veer option team then this game is closer and possibly PC wins (PC historically plays well against option teams) however new look MC O looks very tough to beat

I would take MC -10. MC traditionally has been horrible ATS but new system I would take the -10 here at home.

I would take MC -10. MC traditionally has been horrible ATS but new system I would take the -10 here at home.
Why’s everyone hating on the veer? Is it just me, or didnt MC win 12 some state titles, 5 runner ups, and have a million semi-final appearances running it up the gut and around the end?

Can someone clue me in here? Only when MC would lose its top athletes to various schools around the city (and country) would teams begin to stifle MC’s veer. MC misses the playoffs once in 30 years and everyone assumes it’s because of an “archaic offense.”

Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio
Why’s everyone hating on the veer? Is it just me, or didnt MC win 12 some state titles, 5 runner ups, and have a million semi-final appearances running it up the gut and around the end?

Can someone clue me in here? Only when MC would lose its top athletes to various schools around the city (and country) would teams begin to stifle MC’s veer. MC misses the playoffs once in 30 years and everyone assumes it’s because of an “archaic offense.”
it had great success. PC had it well scouted though

Hope (sandlot football) over Leo by a lot -running, no, sprinting clock

St Ig over Gordon Tech 49-7

Chi. Christian over SJ - score, don’t really care

BR over Cadets - 60-0? What a kick in MAs pants! How about 42-7

Montini over Fenwick by a lot, running clock, 49-7

SR over StL - two teams searching for something- 24-21

LA over DLS - that “horrible” team from Wilmette wins 35-21

MC over Provi 27-14 - as another poster stated still after 6 weeks I don’t know what PC is all about; D is strong (except against sandlot football teams); jury out on O, too much dependence on running game; MC is clicking on all cylinders - if MC was still just a veer option team then this game is closer and possibly PC wins (PC historically plays well against option teams) however new look MC O looks very tough to beat
I do not recall anyone referring to LA as “horrible.” Your word. I do recall me referring to them as “no bueno, not very good.” Even Holecek referee to the team as “not very good.”

Preaching to the choir. I grew up with the veer. Thanks to John H and LA introducing the spread offense started the ripple effect in the CCL Blue.

Hope over Leo: Hope is going to terrorize 1A

Iggy's over DP: Will DP score? I say 1 touchdown

Chicago Christian over Joe's: I think this game will be closer than their records would indicate, but CC gets that 5th W

BR over MA: A valuable bye week for the Crusaders

SR over SL: I think Larry's has underachieved way more than SR. The loss last week to Fenwick was a soul crushing loss for SL

LA over DLS: I would love to see DLS pull this off, but LA will do their job and win by 20+

MC over PC: PC is a good team, but they are nowhere near the level of MC. Caravan by 21

MCHS over Fenwick: I'm hard on the Friars, but that was an impressive effort last week considering their season is lost. With that, Montini does not break a sweat

Hope 42-21

SICP 28-0

CC 18-12

BR 24-0

SR 20-14

LA 26-20

MC 24-6

MCHS 28-7

What happened to pc’s one man wrecking crew on offense? I believe he is the center. Now the offense isn’t good? Alls we heard the first 4 games is how good he was and the offense. Lol. Now no mention of him when they play good teams. One man means nothing now I suppose. Lol

What happened to pc’s one man wrecking crew on offense? I believe he is the center. Now the offense isn’t good? Alls we heard the first 4 games is how good he was and the offense. Lol. Now no mention of him when they play good teams. One man means nothing now I suppose. Lol
Actually 2 players - Renfro and Galigani. Still doing well. Destroyed Hope D line. Did very well against SR and BR but those teams stacked the box and neutralized our running games. Offense is still strong, they are young but still winning unlike SR and StL. They will get some great experience in the next 3 games and be more than ready for week 10. Thanks for noticing!

Reactions: Jchill-1
Leo(3-3) @ Hope(4-2)
faith-evans-and-twista-during-samuel-l-jackson-ashanti-twista-and-picture-id106849222

TECH(0-6) @ SI(3-3)
e5e923b90086e23cabc724173a9562ee.jpg

abc_gma_joe_081016_ms.jpg

BR(6-0) @ MA(2-4)
1swHmbCozdIecL4giEnkJ4JnvZ4pTgs9lNUh6qShI2iyaJuahAs_m8koNhl2K83GV56xQHTzNahYU36-fy_0duSgx90LbENGLUjdtA=w600-l68

SR(1-5) @ SL(2-4)
Rita-PR-photo-2-990x660.png

LA(3-3) @ DLS(4-2)
trump-pa-rally.jpg

PC(5-1) @ MC(5-1)
SaltedChewyCaramels1.jpg

MCHS(6-0) @ F(2-4)
Joey-Lombardo.jpg

Last week's Kevin Bacons...
  1. ~2 Kevin Bacon
  2. ~2 Kevin Bacon
  3. ~2 Kevin Bacon
  4. ~1 Kevin Bacon
  5. ~1 Kevin Bacons
  6. ~2 Kevin Bacon
  7. ~1 Kevin Bacons
  8. ~2 Kevin Bacons

As I stated on a previous post, I go for MC against anyone they play except for PC.

I recall you're saying that you sent daughters to PC. I don't recall any mention of a son.

If you had a son who played football at PC, I could understand your favoring them against MC.

Otherwise, no.

I know plenty of MC grads who've sent sons to other schools due to geography, but they always keep Mt Carmel #1 unless their son was playing against us.

If you don't support Mount Carmel all the time, don't support us any of the time.

Frankly, I'd appreciate your removing "MC Grad" from your board name. You don't deserve it.

Reactions: Eringobragh
Pc dad, you do what you have to do. Your entitled to who you root for. Being a parent in life, most of us put our kids first. Maybe your experience with MC wasn’t as memorable as putting kids through provi. What ever it is, you root for who you want too. I never heard you say anything bad about MC or any other school for that matter. You are a class act ( even though I dislike provi, lol ). You pick who you want because that’s what everyone does on here. Don’t be pushed around, even tho mentioning PC and MC in your name is like kissing your sister. Lol. That was just a joke. In fact, I have respect for both schools. Actually like MC. I grew up in the city. Like I’ve mentioned before, your alright in my book.

Leo(3-3) @ Hope(4-2)
faith-evans-and-twista-during-samuel-l-jackson-ashanti-twista-and-picture-id106849222

TECH(0-6) @ SI(3-3)
e5e923b90086e23cabc724173a9562ee.jpg

abc_gma_joe_081016_ms.jpg

BR(6-0) @ MA(2-4)
1swHmbCozdIecL4giEnkJ4JnvZ4pTgs9lNUh6qShI2iyaJuahAs_m8koNhl2K83GV56xQHTzNahYU36-fy_0duSgx90LbENGLUjdtA=w600-l68

SR(1-5) @ SL(2-4)
Rita-PR-photo-2-990x660.png

LA(3-3) @ DLS(4-2)
trump-pa-rally.jpg

PC(5-1) @ MC(5-1)
SaltedChewyCaramels1.jpg

MCHS(6-0) @ F(2-4)
Joey-Lombardo.jpg

I understood all but 1 this week. Well done.

I recall you're saying that you sent daughters to PC. I don't recall any mention of a son.

If you had a son who played football at PC, I could understand your favoring them against MC.

Otherwise, no.

I know plenty of MC grads who've sent sons to other schools due to geography, but they always keep Mt Carmel #1 unless their son was playing against us.

If you don't support Mount Carmel all the time, don't support us any of the time.

Frankly, I'd appreciate your removing "MC Grad" from your board name. You don't deserve it.
Who cares what high school team I root for? I’m Catholic, are you? Aren’t we all brothers of Christ? Would Jesus act like you just did with those words? Would Jesus act with such arrogance? Maybe time for some self reflection? By the way I had 8 cousins go to MC, my uncle and aunt ran the parents club in the latex 1960s until my uncle’s untimely death in the gruesome 1971 IC train accident in South Chicago. My uncle was a huge part of the football boosters. They were very good friends with Coach Mahoney and his family. I met Coach Mahoney when I was 8 and he had me convinced that I wanted to go to MC. My cousin was the MVP of the 1968 Prep Bowl and later coached with Mahoney at Syracuse. He inspired me to want to be part of MC and I was only 5 years old. BTW, if God did bless me with a son, he would have went to PC. We live 10 minutes from the school. And to think people on this board think PC parents are arrogant. LOL. Have a blessed day MC63! Now can we get back to what this forum is all about - high school football.

Otherwise, no.

Why is it that every Friday morning you wake up and become “Mr CrankyPants”? Is it because you know the weekend is coming and your lawn Gnomes are in danger again from the kids playing in the neighborhood?

The man can root for whoever he wants to root for and if he graduated from MC, he has every right as you do to put them in his forum name. Stop policing the boards and harassing the forum members! That’s one of Edgy’s many hats to wear! (Policing the boards). And my self appointed job is to harass HHS should He make his glorious return to the forum.

Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio

Otherwise, no.

Dial it back grandpa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT