ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you IHSA!- Maybe not, JB says bball spring 21

Personally, as I sit here today, I think spring sports are cooked. Of course, no one can say for sure. But it isn't looking good. Yep, cases are up and so are hospitalizations. In Aurora, Rush is seeing a serious uptick in patients and I heard Silver Cross, down here in New Lenox, has close to 100 patients there. We all knew this was going to happen so there shouldn't be a surprise with it.

I don't think it really matters that the treatment now is far better than it was in March or that the death rate is lower. The vast, vast majority of people are freaked out with all this. The restaurant and bar owners want to ignore the recommendations and serve people inside. But, who is really going to go and sit in a restaurant or bar now? These places are being sold as being as toxic as nuclear waste.

The CEO of Rush-Copley is a good friend of mine, while RUSH had an uptick, they have it under control.

I don't believe he's part of the mind damage. He's one of the people that I follow in terms of how he's living his life during a pandemic. You just happened to pick a hospital that I'm very close to.

All is well. Have no fear for winter or spring sports. You are all forgetting that the pandemic will go away after the election. So many smart people have said that.

Kind of like when someone has to constantly tell people how tough he is, how rich he is, how smart he is, how patriotic he is, how popular he is, etc.
I recently learned a new designation for someone who constantly tells or displays how "woke' they are. It is supposedly termed "virtue signaling." Know some of these people?

Reactions: Googertys Dog
All is well. Have no fear for winter or spring sports. You are all forgetting that the pandemic will go away after the election. So many smart people have said that.
Many people have said that and they still could be right. The point of that is not that the virus is going to go away, but the response to it will change. I don't think it is going to happen, but that is the point of the view.

Reactions: McCaravan
Many people have said that and they still could be right. The point of that is not that the virus is going to go away, but the response to it will change. I don't think it is going to happen, but that is the point of the view.
If there is a change at the top, it could completely be the opposite. And if things don’t improve, I could see Biden locking down the country as his first order of business. He said he would have previously. Let’s hope not. Inauguration Day is January 20 so we have a little time.

Reactions: sporthog9er
If there is a change at the top, it could completely be the opposite. And if things don’t improve, I could see Biden locking down the country as his first order of business. He said he would have previously. Let’s hope not. Inauguration Day is January 20 so we have a little time.

Lockdowns are fools gold look at the states around us they were much less stringent then IL and they are no worse than us right now. The divide is even greater when you compare the US to Europe. Wear a mask, wash your hands and don’t be a dumb ass has proven to be the most effective way to fight the virus.

Lockdowns are fools gold look at the states around us they were much less stringent then IL and they are no worse than us right now. The divide is even greater when you compare the US to Europe. Wear a mask, wash your hands and don’t be a dumb ass has proven to be the most effective way to fight the virus.
I totally agree. The leaders are who you have to convince.

Reactions: ClownBaby
The restaurant and bar owners want to ignore the recommendations and serve people inside. But, who is really going to go and sit in a restaurant or bar now? These places are being sold as being as toxic as nuclear waste.

I don't know that the restaurant owners want to "ignore" the recommendations. I think it's as simple as they want to stay in business. I can think of 3 restaurants in my "neighborhood" that have closed in the last couple months. With outdoor dining going away, carry-out only isn't going to keep the lights on.

I know many restaurants in my town have stayed open. We did carry-out on Saturday, and as I walked in, I was surprised how many people were inside. Personally, I'm not in a hurry to go eat inside, but there seemed to be many that are ok with it.

I don't know that the restaurant owners want to "ignore" the recommendations. I think it's as simple as they want to stay in business. I can think of 3 restaurants in my "neighborhood" that have closed in the last couple months. With outdoor dining going away, carry-out only isn't going to keep the lights on.

I know many restaurants in my town have stayed open. We did carry-out on Saturday, and as I walked in, I was surprised how many people were inside. Personally, I'm not in a hurry to go eat inside, but there seemed to be many that are ok with it.

I agree 100% with this post I don’t mind eating a restaurant but not everyone is comfortable with this so they do carry out. I just like the idea of people having a choice to do what they feel comfortable with.

I’m a teacher at a school district in northern Illinois. The superintendent sent a message saying their insurance company informed them that due in part to the IDPH and ISBE guidance, attempting to hold the previously planned basketball season will open them up to uninsured liabilities, so the season will be postponed.

If anybody knows someone or can get their hands on what these insurance carriers are producing with liability, please do so. As JB even stated last week, it is impossible to find out exactly where someone contracted a virus, even with contract tracing. So what liability could there be? If a student got sick, or if a family member got sick...you can't legally produce proof that it resulted from the sport- so what are the lawyers and insurance companies afraid of? Just the cost of going to court IF someone decided to sue?

It's amazing that in all the other states with HS sports, not one case of litigation has happened. Amazing. Just like the response to the virus of not doing anything because someone "might" get sick, now we can't do anything because someone "might" sue? What in the world?

My sister-in-law is a teacher in the south suburbs and her superintendent sent a letter telling them to prepare in case of unrest after the election. What happened to our country?

Can I sue if one of my family members die from the flu that was picked up from school? Asking for a friend.

If anybody knows someone or can get their hands on what these insurance carriers are producing with liability, please do so. As JB even stated last week, it is impossible to find out exactly where someone contracted a virus, even with contract tracing. So what liability could there be? If a student got sick, or if a family member got sick...you can't legally produce proof that it resulted from the sport- so what are the lawyers and insurance companies afraid of? Just the cost of going to court IF someone decided to sue?

It's amazing that in all the other states with HS sports, not one case of litigation has happened. Amazing. Just like the response to the virus of not doing anything because someone "might" get sick, now we can't do anything because someone "might" sue? What in the world?
Let's be honest. The "liability" that any insurance company doing business in Illinois is worried about, is the endless investigations, hassles, and threats from Illinois state agencies if the companies say anything other than no to those districts that they insure.

I really think the only way high school athletics will work this year is if the seasons can be extended to August. Baseball and basketball would have to be played in the summer. Soccer, volleyball, wrestling and football might not be played until April. Just trying to be realistic without canceling seasons. Sooner or later you run out of time when postponing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT