ADVERTISEMENT

Sycamore 16 Montini 13 Final OT

probably doesn't even have a job any more since print is basically dead and its a "6 year old" article

Reactions: Stable42
Two out of three years Montini has had problems winning on the road.

Seems like a good time for some road team bonding before the season begins would be to have the team hit the road and play some paintball before the season begins.
I think a hard look at the play calling would be more helpful. Three times at the 10 or closer and ZERO points. No jumbo package their roster was full of options for extra lineman fullback etc. running out of shotgun no one to give QB a push over goal line.

Predictable play calling makes defenses job easier. Need to mix in some some of the old playbook to match players strengths. Also running at an opponents strengths and not taking advantage of their weakness

Reactions: Gene K.
I think a hard look at the play calling would be more helpful. Three times at the 10 or closer and ZERO points. No jumbo package their roster was full of options for extra lineman fullback etc. running out of shotgun no one to give QB a push over goal line.

Predictable play calling makes defenses job easier. Need to mix in some some of the old playbook to match players strengths. Also running at an opponents strengths and not taking advantage of their weakness

Great points. In previous years the offense would be adding player packages and plays at the end of the year to throw off the opposition especially for the red zone (Joey Cat, Bringing in our big wrestlers to block for LB Nile Sykes playing RB near the goal line, etc).

We have not done that with the new offensive coordinator.

If you run the same plays you used all regular season you are not going to win state. During week 8 and forward the OC needs to put in new player packages and plays for special situations that takes advantage of the teams individual strengths.

Last edited:
Great points. In previous years the offense would be adding player packages and plays at the end of the year to throw off the opposition especially for the red zone. We have not done that with the new offensive coordinator.
Let’s not forget players were slipping and falling. One scoring play the intended receiver slipped and fell down on a slant in that given his size is normally six pts.

Let’s not forget players were slipping and falling. One scoring play the intended receiver slipped and fell down on a slant in that given his size is normally six pts.

It sounds like the field was wet. It has not rained recently has it?

We know PR does not want to play on a perfect field against Montini. There must be other teams.

Last edited:

Running out of a shotgun at the goal line has always been a head scratcher for me...

It sounds like the field was wet. It has not rained recently has it?

We know PR does not want to play on a perfect field against Montini. There must be other teams.

Now that's funny...

I recall PR POUNDING Sh*T outta Montini the following year...running clocked Da Bronco...again....running CLOCKED the Broncos in 3rd quarter (54-10)...in perfectly sunny, perfect field conditions...warm weather, at Duffy Stadium...and ending some 31 game winning streak at there at Duffy....

Maybe Montini should have prayed for snow...

Reactions: ClownBaby
Now that's funny...

I recall PR POUNDING Sh*T outta Montini the following year...running clocked Da Bronco...again....running CLOCKED the Broncos in 3rd quarter (54-10)...in perfectly sunny, perfect field conditions...warm weather, at Duffy Stadium...and ending some 31 game winning streak at there at Duffy....

True that was expected with the Montini team that year but obviously you must not know the story before the snow filled game.

Now that's funny...

Montini should have played better and not make as many mistakes. Period

Montini should have played better and not make as many mistakes. Period

Sycamore is one of the most underrated teams in the state nobody has heard about for the last 5 years. They are a really great team and plays a style of football that reminds you of the old smashmouth CCL blue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT