ADVERTISEMENT

Montini

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Montini Fans - IMG Academy - #4 Jayden Bradford 45 Yd pass completed to #1 Donovan Olugbode for a TD. SJP 0, IMGA 16

Donovan Olugbode has a offer from University of Georgia and freshman year played for Montini before transferring to IMG.

Last edited:
Donovan is #64 in ESPN's Class of 2025 rankings, 4 stars. Cam Williams, who transferred out to Glenbard South, is #48 in ESPN's Class of 2024 rankings, 4 stars. What could have been.........

Reactions: Wassup13
Donovan is #64 in ESPN's Class of 2025 rankings, 4 stars. Cam Williams, who transferred out to Glenbard South, is #48 in ESPN's Class of 2024 rankings, 4 stars. What could have been.........

Yes I keep close tabs on Cam Williams too. As a freshman at Montini he was tearing it up vs all the CCL opponents.

5 TDs for Cam Williams this weekend!!

Last edited:
Telling you guys something not good is up at Montini. Transfers left and right.

The rise of IC, Naz and St. Francis over the last few years has probably drawn players away. I don't have facts but an educated guess. Or....did Andriano's retirement, and departure of his assistants, start the dominos falling????

Reactions: rjjtwest
The rise of IC, Naz and St. Francis over the last few years has probably drawn players away. I don't have facts but an educated guess. Or....did Andriano's retirement, and departure of his assistants, start the dominos falling????
All of the above. IC has Bellwood/Maywood locked down with recruiting.

Reactions: stl705
I don’t have any knowledge of Montini, but have believe it’s a combo of local kids playing elsewhere. The west burbs are so flush with talent and good teams, both private and public. Nice thing about that is I think it’s just a matter of time before Montini gets the ball rolling and makes the jump back to contender.

Reactions: Gene K.
All of the above. IC has Bellwood/Maywood locked down with recruiting.
Western Cook County produces some very good football talent. In the past Montini had players from this area. Its easy to see why IC and Naz now own this turf. Then they have St. Francis to the west in Wheaton.

Western Cook County produces some very good football talent. In the past Montini had players from this area. Its easy to see why IC and Naz now own this turf. Then they have St. Francis to the west in Wheaton.
Not to mention York, GBW, WN as championship contenders in Public sector, plus decent area public programs like Willowbrook, GBS, GBE, DGN, etc - all right in Montini’s backyard basically.

Reactions: StormFire
Not to mention York, GBW, WN as championship contenders in Public sector, plus decent area public programs like Willowbrook, GBS, GBE, DGN, etc - all right in Montini’s backyard basically.
All this is true but still doesn’t answer the question of why Montini gets players but they don’t stay.

Doesn’t sound like getting players is the problem.

All this is true but still doesn’t answer the question of why Montini gets players but they don’t stay.

Doesn’t sound like getting players is the problem.
If they were winning games they’d stay imo. Cam Williams was a freshman 3 years ago which was around the time when Montini really started slipping. Not sure on IMG players but I imagine it’s similar. Just off cuff thoughts tho.

If they were winning games they’d stay imo. Cam Williams was a freshman 3 years ago which was around the time when Montini really started slipping. Not sure on IMG players but I imagine it’s similar. Just off cuff thoughts tho.
Different coaching staff too!

Bukovsky is a great guy. Playing for Andriano was a badge of honor!
The same could probably be said about playing for Ken Leonard. Now that he is no longer at SHG, it remains to be seen what, if any, impact that will have on the football program. Will families elect to send their kids to Rochester (to play for Derek), Chatham Glenwood, Springfield High (CS8 schools), or will they consider such school districts as Williamsville, Athens, or Auburn? The Cyclones' success moving forward may depend on how many athletes decide to attend SHG to play basketball for Coach Tim Allen, as was the case (I believe) with KeShon Singleton, Ty Lott, Richard Jackson, and J'Veon Bardwell. These basketball players were all instrumental to the Cyclones' football success the last couple of years.

P.S.: Didn't mean to leave Jake Hamilton out of the mix, but his dad is an alumnus, so I assume Jake and his twin brother Will were going to attend SHG regardless.

That's it!

Last edited:
Yes, the tides definitely turned.

Good win last night, it’s been awhile since we started 2-0. Naz is up next, we will have a better idea of this team next Friday.

If you look at the opponents of each so far, I think this is predictable.

Cam Williams video just released

Reactions: stl705
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT