8A
(30) Plainfield South at (3) LWE
(21) Bolingbrook at (12) Hinsdale Central
(27) Curie at (6) HF

7A
(25) LWW at (8) Phillips
(20) Lake Zurich
at (12) Andrew

Still have to see what happens with Curie and Phillips, but if strike ends and are eligible then I like HF to win and Phillips over LWW.

I do think Bolingbrook will make a game out of this, but not enough offensive firepower to overcome HC. Very interested to see LZ and Andrew. My hunch is that LZ can overcome Andrew's option attack and make them pass it more, which bodes well for LZ.

LWW @ Phillips 28-14. LWW is banged up and Phillips has some explosive individuals. Game closer than some might think because of weather and Phillips not being able to practice for almost two weeks.

Bolingbrook @ HC 35-14. BB comes into the playoffs licking their wounds and losing home field in round 1. HC is pretty strong up front and BB does not have an identity despite a lot of talent. Early exit for BB again.

Lake Zurich @ Andrew 21-17. Andrew is coming off a big road win against BB while LZ is coming off of a "bye sort of speak." LZ is a tough team. This game can go either way but I am sticking with the home team and the Bolts riding high after BB

Plainfield S @ LWE 42-7. LWE has way too much fire power and are extremely strong inside. This game will be over early on.

Curie @ HF 42-14. HF is too fast and too big. They will control the LOS and use their athletes to exploit Curie. This game will be done by 1/2 time.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
0 Plainfield South at 42 LWE- Over by halftime.

14 Bolingbrook at 10 Hinsdale Central- Brook has a big bounce back game after last week. Two big play touchdowns and the defense locks down HC.

6 Curie at 35 HF- HF rolls behind it's balanced offensive attack. Willie Pauling with two showtime touchdown catches.

LWW 3 at 17 Phillips- LWW defense keeps it respectable in the first half but the injuries and lack of depth on offense bite them in the second half.

10 Lake Zurich at 17 Andrew- Game of the week. Two opposing styles of offense, two great defenses. Have to go with the Thunderbolts at home. Below-freezing temperatures at kickoff favors the triple option running attack.

Reactions: TonPlugZeroLock
Wow so many wrong on the Brook. Nobody saw that coming after Andrew loss. What changed for the Raiders? Thoughts on tough matchup vs. Oswego?

They had no reason to win the game with Andrew. Seeding and resting players was more important.

They had no reason to win the game with Andrew. Seeding and resting players was more important.
Who rested? Borland, King and Suggs all played game-long. Howard stayed in until a lower-body incident ended his night on the last play of 1st half.

Last edited:
Or it could be they came to Hinsdale ready to play, and HC did not. HC got punch right in the mouth from the very first play and had no response. HC was ready for it against GBW a few weeks earlier, but not ready when BB did the same.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Having a reason to play or go home is a strong motivator of young men. Being on the field does not mean they are not resting.

Looked like they just went old school. Pound the rock. Hows Oswego? Can BB shock the world two games in a row? Oswego's only loss is to a good Minooka team. Not a big south suburbs guy but that score stuck out to me! Interested in the Raiders post season.

Looked like they just went old school. Pound the rock. Hows Oswego? Can BB shock the world two games in a row? Oswego's only loss is to a good Minooka team. Not a big south suburbs guy but that score stuck out to me! Interested in the Raiders post season.
They absolutely did pound the rock. It was frustrating to watch as a HC fan.

From what I've been told, Oswego's offense is very similar to HC - has talent at QB and some good receivers. Even their package schemes sound very similar. The deference will be on Defense, where Oswego runs a 4-2-5.

They absolutely did pound the rock. It was frustrating to watch as a HC fan.

From what I've been told, Oswego's offense is very similar to HC - has talent at QB and some good receivers. Even their package schemes sound very similar. The deference will be on Defense, where Oswego runs a 4-2-5.

Are you giving the edge defensively to Oswego or BB? BB has had good defensive play all year, Oswego has that nasty defensive tackle inside.

Are you giving the edge defensively to Oswego or BB? BB has had good defensive play all year, Oswego has that nasty defensive tackle inside.
I think if you look at BB’s lose to LWE, their D seemed to hold LWE relatively close. Plus, I believe they have a ND commit at Corner?
Having not watched Oswego play, I can only go off what I was told about how HC and Oswego matched up.
So, if I were laying a straight money line, I’d go with BB.

The Defensive line is Oswego's best unit, Huganin is a load and demands a double team against most opponents (not sure BB is that opponent), they have a 300 lb DT on the other side of the ball and both DE's are very good. Plain and simple, the linebackers for Oswego need to tackle this week and everyone needs to swarm to the ball carrier.

The Defensive line is Oswego's best unit, Huganin is a load and demands a double team against most opponents (not sure BB is that opponent), they have a 300 lb DT on the other side of the ball and both DE's are very good. Plain and simple, the linebackers for Oswego need to tackle this week and everyone needs to swarm to the ball carrier.

I've been nosing around looking at some Bolingbrook things and Oswego things. BB has that big guard and Oswego has those big DT's. Loved the BB approach last week. 3 guys carrying the load like crazy pounding the rock. Should be a great one. 8a bracket is wild. Loyola v. GBW in the 2nd round? Come on!

I've been nosing around looking at some Bolingbrook things and Oswego things. BB has that big guard and Oswego has those big DT's. Loved the BB approach last week. 3 guys carrying the load like crazy pounding the rock. Should be a great one. 8a bracket is wild. Loyola v. GBW in the 2nd round? Come on!
One of the defensive ends has double digit sacks and close to 20 tackles for loss this season. (for Oswego).

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT