ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl: Illinois connections

I think the second or third tight end for the 49ers is a Chatham Glenwood graduate. Went to Tennessee. Daniel Helm..

Great article. Almost all 3* or lower players.. a lot of hard work and persistence by these (former) kids to get to the biggest stage in football

I know there is a lot of development and growth that takes place between 18-22yrs of age - but any other guesses to what attributes to the nfl not being made up of only 4/5 ⭐️ recruits?

I know there is a lot of development and growth that takes place between 18-22yrs of age - but any other guesses to what attributes to the nfl not being made up of only 4/5 ⭐️ recruits?

I think you answered your own question for the most part. Not only physical development, but developing the mental side of football, and keeping motivation high.

HS rankings are far from perfect too. With so many variables they are just directional.

All I can tell you is Rivals awards maybe 25-30 5 star kids a year....and how many on a roster times howe many teams? Not making any excuses at all I've had more than my share of swings and misses over the many years...yet people also forget to do the math in a lot of cases....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT