ADVERTISEMENT

Stevenson/Northwestern star Cam Green retires

epicbret

Jan 27, 2005

Interesting choice of words. Leaves one to believe it might not be his own head injuries causing the concern. Best to him and his family.

Reactions: epicbret
In one of the coldest games ever, LA narrowly beat Stevenson and Cam Green in the semis in '13. On the opening drive, seeing Green line up, split wide your first thought was: there's no one to cover that guy.
Cheers to a great competitor - hope for the best to son and father.

Reactions: Bwm57 and Bowie50
In one of the coldest games ever, LA narrowly beat Stevenson and Cam Green in the semis in '13. On the opening drive, seeing Green line up, split wide your first thought was: there's no one to cover that guy.
Cheers to a great competitor - hope for the best to son and father.
He was a beast. He looked like a man among all of the players on the field. Seems like a very nice young man and obviously very bright.

My god it was cold and windy that day!

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio
Two guys who may see more playing time this year following the Cam Green retirement are Eric Eshoo from Loyola Academy and Charlie Mangieri from Peoria Dunlap.

Reactions: Bowie50
Fitz said something on the retirement and the article had this.

"He’s confident that Pugh (three catches), Charlie Mangieri (zero) and Thomas Gordon, a true freshman who isn’t even on campus yet, will pick up the slack in Green’s absence."

I wonder why no mention by Fitz of Eshoo

Reactions: Bwm57
Is it really called "retiring" when a 22 year amateur athlete decides to stop playing football? Not a criticism, just an odd choice of words in my opinion.

Is it really called "retiring" when a 22 year amateur athlete decides to stop playing football? Not a criticism, just an odd choice of words in my opinion.
when you have a potential pro future I'd say yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT