ADVERTISEMENT

Stevenson @ Neuqua Valley, 23-15 Stevie Final

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I'll admit I know nothing about Stevie other than they are, year in and year out, a very solid program. Neuqua is going to be playing without their best offensive player, Will Chevalier. He made the US Olympic U-18 rugby team and he is with them this weekend. That's a huge hole for the Wildcats to fill. We have a SO RB (Moreno) that will need to step up big time.

Any insight on Stevie?

I'll admit I know nothing about Stevie other than they are, year in and year out, a very solid program. Neuqua is going to be playing without their best offensive player, Will Chevalier. He made the US Olympic U-18 rugby team and he is with them this weekend. That's a huge hole for the Wildcats to fill. We have a SO RB (Moreno) that will need to step up big time.

Any insight on Stevie?
Stevenson is tough. #9, their olb is a monster. Very tough off the edge and chases everything from behind. Their rb is a junior 2 year starter. Much bigger than last year and fast. Overall I think they’re an 8a contender. They remind me of a slightly smaller Loyola team.

Not sure NV can hang without The multi purpose Chevie to contend with in both the running and passing game. Puts a lot onto the new QB and a young RB.

Is this a multi week Rugby event? Ie will he be out for week #3?;) I’m sure we will see him in the rematch later in the year.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Not sure NV can hang without The multi purpose Chevie to contend with in both the running and passing game. Puts a lot onto the new QB and a young RB.

Is this a multi week Rugby event? Ie will he be out for week #3?;) I’m sure we will see him in the rematch later in the year.

Chevy will be back this weekend.

Last week showed me a lot vis a vis Gronowski (QB) and his stable of good WRs (Stare, Hoffman, Larkin, Blazek). Moreno will bring a completely different running style than Chevy. He's a lot bigger and more powerful runner than Chevy. We'll see.

I'm not really concerned with Neuqua's D. It's always tough and this year seems no different. Stevie is a step up in depth and talent versus the GBN team we saw last weekend. Should be a great game.

Stevenson handled Palatine fairly easily week 1, and seem pretty good, but not sure HOW good. Pirates had only 6 seniors total starting, and had 4 sophomores starting and 6 who played significantly, and lots and lots of juniors making their first varsity starts.

Stevenson running back is very good and has bulked up since last year; should have a monster year. Not super sold on their QB. He's fairly good but Palatine's D-line put NO pressure on him last week and he still was inaccurate with some throws, while making some really impressive throws on other plays. O-line and D-line are big and experienced. Defense was very hard to run on, so if WV is primarily a running team they might be stymied.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Stevenson handled Palatine fairly easily week 1, and seem pretty good, but not sure HOW good. Pirates had only 6 seniors total starting, and had 4 sophomores starting and 6 who played significantly, and lots and lots of juniors making their first varsity starts.

Stevenson running back is very good and has bulked up since last year; should have a monster year. Not super sold on their QB. He's fairly good but Palatine's D-line put NO pressure on him last week and he still was inaccurate with some throws, while making some really impressive throws on other plays. O-line and D-line are big and experienced. Defense was very hard to run on, so if WV is primarily a running team they might be stymied.
Neuqua has a new JR QB who is 6'3, 200 and pretty nimble. A lot of playmakers out wide to work with. They will open it up without their starting RB.

Saw them last year vs HC. They brought a lot back from last year. Good RB, QB has good feet, can make a lot of time for himself in the pocket plus an above average arm which probably has gotten better. Not afraid to take risks throwing the ball. Threw two picks in first half of HC game but then threw for three impressive home-run TDs in the second half. Also got good WRs one I think has some smaller offers. I'd say it's a real test for NV defense.

HC's oline controlled Stevie's D front pretty much all game so if NV has some hogs like they normally do they should have success running the ball. Too bad Chevalier isn't playing.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Was 8-0 Waubonsie up at half time and Libertyville scored on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

Score is now 8-6

WV scoring:
- missed field goal
- made field goal 3pts
-safety 2pts
- made field goal 3pts

Libertyville
- touchdown. 6 points

WV got to get some offense going and punch in a TD. They driving though.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Personal foul on NV puts Stevie close. Neuqua stops them and they kick a 35ish yarder. 10-7

Neuqua 3 and out into the wind. Stevie had 3rd and 15 on the 30. QB ran it down to the one. TD next play. 17-7 Stevie.

Neuqua really misses Chevy.

All of the points were scored with the wind.

Penalties have hurt NV. Stevie’s first TD came after back to back NV penalties. Then the personal foul.

Stevie’s DL has their ears pinned back. Without a speed back with moves SHS isn’t respecting the running game. Stevie is good. Well coached and active.

All of the points were scored with the wind.

Penalties have hurt NV. Stevie’s first TD came after back to back NV penalties. Then the personal foul.

Stevie’s DL has their ears pinned back. Without a speed back with moves SHS isn’t respecting the running game. Stevie is good. Well coached and active.
What do you think of #9?

Neuqua intercepted a pass and returned it 30 yards. Fumbled it back to Stevie on the return. Stevie ball on their own 30. 3:20 left in 3rd.

Stevie right down the field. 23-7. Ballgame.

Stevie is salty for sure. Very good team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT