ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling vs Moline for conference title!

Sterling Warrior

Oct 25, 2016
Big game this Friday on the west side of the state in Sterling against the two unbeatens in the Western big 6!!
Moline is tough this year with a perfect record over all in 7A Sterling ranked in 5A should be a great game. Sterling has a 17-1 record since joining the WB6 but this isn't your average Moline team. Should be a great game!

Big game this Friday on the west side of the state in Sterling against the two unbeatens in the Western big 6!!
Moline is tough this year with a perfect record over all in 7A Sterling ranked in 5A should be a great game. Sterling has a 17-1 record since joining the WB6 but this isn't your average Moline team. Should be a great game!
Didn’t Moline lose to Benet?

Sorry guys, I thought they were unbeaten.
I just saw they lost to Benet Academy in a close one 23-21. They beat Rock Island
63-0 who Sterling just beat 53-35 so they shut out a team Sterling just gave up 35 points to .

Just looked up that conference on ihsa site. Good Lord, Alleman is having a rough year.
Yeah, not sure what’s going on with them, they are normally one of the stronger teams in the conference, but everyone has blown them away this year.

Forgot to mention Sterling had 3-4 starters injured in the Rock Island game, key players. Not sure of their status for this game.

Reactions: atrain97
Yeah, not sure what’s going on with them, they are normally one of the stronger teams in the conference, but everyone has blown them away this year.
It's been a while since Alleman was "one of the stronger teams in the conference". They are struggling big time and it's rumored that they could be leaving the conference.

As for the sterling vs moline game, sterling will enter that one without two MORE two-way players. next man up!

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
It's been a while since Alleman was "one of the stronger teams in the conference". They are struggling big time and it's rumored that they could be leaving the conference.

As for the sterling vs moline game, sterling will enter that one without two MORE two-way players. next man up!
Clearly Alleman is the small private school in the bigger conference. I had always pictured them as another of the small/mid size privates that is battle tested and is a problem when they show up in the playoffs. I guess times have changed. It’s been a few years since they made a playoff run.

Alleman had a ton of kids transfer out this year - partially due to administrative issues at the school, partially due to the Catholic school in Davenport recruit them, partially due to people having less money and going to public schools. They had 33 kids in uniform for the first game, and that is 9-12 (no junior level teams, every high school football player is on varsity). Normal attrition and injuries have happened to them and it's just a very tough situation. Overall enrollment at the school, as I understand it, is somewhere around 300.

• Sad
Reactions: Gene K.
And good teams lose to bad teams all the time and your point is?
Why do quick to claim Benet is bad? Three losses (Brother Rice, St Rita and Naperville North who just beat Naperville Central that every one loved early in the season) plus BR/SR losses were with seven starters out due to injuries. Will be a rough this weekend with JCA and Naz next week is not a done deal.

Do you know how many total starters are out injured for Sterling? and severity of injuries? I

Do you know how many total starters are out injured for Sterling? and severity of injuries? I
Tyree Kelly went out during the Quincy game and he is done for the season. Carter Ryan (two way starter) went out during the RI game and is done for the season. AJ Kested (two way starter) went out during the RI game and is out for at least the regular season. Antonio Tablante and Drew Kested got a little banged up on Friday but both are expected to play vs Moline.

It didn’t feel like a blow out though, did it? LOL mainly a few key plays like the Montini game. missing those 5 starters didn’t help. Moline is the real deal, glad they are in 7A

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT