ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling at Sycamore - 5A Quarterfinal

JMO but I think your 28-7 Sycamore is probably accurate. Does Sterling pass the ball? From what I've seen they will need to. I think the Sycamore O feeds off the D, you know, short fields, turnovers. O looked solid to me, but nothing a decent D couldn't slow down at least.
Let’s just say yes. Alternating 2 quarterbacks that can run and throw. this isint the old Wing T Sterling offense from the 90s

I don’t like to post predictions for Sterling games, and I’ll continue that trend. Bottom line, Sterling is going to need to play their best game and have some breaks/calls go their way.

This game is 6 years to the day of the last time Sterling played at Sycamore in the quarters. It feels like besides the location being the same, the script is flipped. Sterling was favored that year, and it’s my belief that was the best shot at a state title Sterling has had based on talent and the Vernon Hills/Peoria matchups that would have followed. Sterling had a let down, and Sycamore pulled out the win. Based on conversations with a work buddy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy (joking on the degrees of separation, but gotta love those conversations) who knows dad’s of kids on Sycamore, this is supposed to be that team that gets them through to the trophies.

Sterling has a couple dudes this year that would have started on any of the more recent quarter/semi teams, but the overall depth isn’t the same. Bottom line, the coaches will have a great plan and the players will be ready to go. But those dudes will have to be major dudes this week along with help from the supporting cast. Will it be enough is the question. If it is, maybe some of that sting from ‘16 will finally go away.

I think it will be a game if Sterling doesn't turn the ball over. Can't give Sycamore a short field like Carmel did all
I don’t like to post predictions for Sterling games, and I’ll continue that trend. Bottom line, Sterling is going to need to play their best game and have some breaks/calls go their way.

This game is 6 years to the day of the last time Sterling played at Sycamore in the quarters. It feels like besides the location being the same, the script is flipped. Sterling was favored that year, and it’s my belief that was the best shot at a state title Sterling has had based on talent and the Vernon Hills/Peoria matchups that would have followed. Sterling had a let down, and Sycamore pulled out the win. Based on conversations with a work buddy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy (joking on the degrees of separation, but gotta love those conversations) who knows dad’s of kids on Sycamore, this is supposed to be that team that gets them through to the trophies.

Sterling has a couple dudes this year that would have started on any of the more recent quarter/semi teams, but the overall depth isn’t the same. Bottom line, the coaches will have a great plan and the players will be ready to go. But those dudes will have to be major dudes this week along with help from the supporting cast. Will it be enough is the question. If it is, maybe some of that sting from ‘16 will finally go away.
I remember that game well, I was there, I remember the Sterling kicker never missed field goals, and he missed one in that game and an extra point, it was like they were jinxed. Sycamore caught every break and that’s what Sterling needs in this game. I forget though, did it go into OT? And what was final? Also do you know what is the overall Sterling record against Sycamore? I remember 4 games at 2-2?

Reactions: Gene K.
I remember that game well, I was there, I remember the Sterling kicker never missed field goals, and he missed one in that game and an extra point, it was like they were jinxed. Sycamore caught every break and that’s what Sterling needs in this game. I forget though, did it go into OT? And what was final? Also do you know what is the overall Sterling record against Sycamore? I remember 4 games at 2-2?
I believe it was 2OTs and 29-22 was the final

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
Let’s hear some score predictions!
Ive noticed in the regular season that Sycamore averaged about 28 points against good teams but gave up very few points if any. That said, I think if Sterling can get 28 on the board they have a chance. Im optimistically going with 28-24 Sterling. Reality probably 28-7 Sycamore
Sycamore 28 to 14.

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT