ADVERTISEMENT

Standout 2022 East St Louis recruit is back on the market....

Saw
Hasn’t been the experience I’ve seen, it’s usually after they offer that they attend a game if they can.
But will they actually sign them without an in person evaluation? So many offers seem
meaningless since they are non committable.

Saw
But will they actually sign them without an in person evaluation? So many offers seem
meaningless since they are non committable.
Correct. I have never seen a kid sign without in person visit or evaluation. Verbal offers are nothing to discuss.

Reactions: ClownBaby
I didn't say they don't do in person evaluations, I said for the most part they do not go to the games before giving an offer.

I didn't say they don't do in person evaluations, I said for the most part they do not go to the games before giving an offer.

Verbal you are correct. I will also add that a verbal offer is a good as a $2 lottery ticket. If they are interested, you will be seen in person one way or another.

Reactions: Gene K.
Verbal you are correct. I will also add that a verbal offer is a good as a $2 lottery ticket. If they are interested, you will be seen in person one way or another.
I agree, I even noted that they will get the kid on campus, but they don't necessarily go to an actual game. They have all the film they need to evaluate games.

This is chilling.

Seriously? Not sure why there is always a push to hyperbolize this narrative. It’s just silly. Journalism is just trash. According to this article, these kids should hardly leave the house and when doing so, make sure to wear kevlar body suits.

Reactions: flyerforlife
Where are all these college coaches at games then? Do people not realize colleges play the next day and are with their own teams. In the rare occurrence they are very close in proximity to the recruits games they may pop in but this isn’t basketball it is very rare for a college coach to make it out to a game. Most of these in person evals are done at camps and visits. Also in the offseason coaches make a ton of visits to schools to evaluate and size up prospects. There’s also guys like Clint Cosgrove (well his former gig at least) that go out and evaluate guys and send pictures of them next to him for colleges to size up. There’s a lot that goes into an offer but he’s almost always a school wants to physically size up a kid before a real offer is made.

Where are all these college coaches at games then? Do people not realize colleges play the next day and are with their own teams. In the rare occurrence they are very close in proximity to the recruits games they may pop in but this isn’t basketball it is very rare for a college coach to make it out to a game. Most of these in person evals are done at camps and visits. Also in the offseason coaches make a ton of visits to schools to evaluate and size up prospects. There’s also guys like Clint Cosgrove (well his former gig at least) that go out and evaluate guys and send pictures of them next to him for colleges to size up. There’s a lot that goes into an offer but he’s almost always a school wants to physically size up a kid before a real offer is made.
Preaching to the choir, that's almost exactly what I've been saying.

Reactions: Irish LB
I am guessing the writer was unaware, as it was probably worth addressing in the story, but this East St. Louis team probably would have featured Jaylon McKenzie, who was shot and killed while attending a graduation party at the end of his eighth-grade year in June of 2019.
McKenzie would have been a sophomore on this year's team -- he played running back, wide receiver and defensive back at the junior-high level -- and provided another weapon to complement to LBIII
He had been featured in Sports Illustrated the previous November as one of football's young rising stars.

Unfortunately, I think so. I’m considering creating a Blog to discuss our first hand experience with IMG. They are just terrible from the top down.

What else would you have expected from a team that hand picks their team from around the country by stealing kids from top tier programs then uses all the advantages they have by not being governed by a state association and plays those same teams? I’ve said from the start no HS should schedule IMG unless they want to play by the same rules as everyone else.

What else would you have expected from a team that hand picks their team from around the country by stealing kids from top tier programs then uses all the advantages they have by not being governed by a state association and plays those same teams? I’ve said from the start no HS should schedule IMG unless they want to play by the same rules as everyone else.

You make a good point. Given all of the known advantages, I thought that they would have no need to do anything other than play a clean game. Usually, highly regarded programs just handle business on the field. There is no need to play dirty. The difference was night and day compared to St. John Bosco. The officials should have taken control and ejected #7 for IMG after clearly targeting. After that particular incident is when it all went downhill fast.

After the scuffle at halftime, I would have rather that they just ended the game. Especially after our key player was ejected as a result of it. Our guys literally lost interest and intensity after all that BS.

You make a good point. Given all of the known advantages, I thought that they would have no need to do anything other than play a clean game. Usually, highly regarded programs just handle business on the field. There is no need to play dirty. The difference was night and day compared to St. John Bosco. The officials should have taken control and ejected #7 for IMG after clearly targeting. After that particular incident is when it all went downhill fast.

After the scuffle at halftime, I would have rather that they just ended the game. Especially after our key player was ejected as a result of it. Our guys literally lost interest and intensity after all that BS.
The bullies got bullied. ESL got a taste of their own medicine against IMG. Treated you guys exactly how you treat Alton or Belleville West. lol.

Reactions: brucealmighy
You obviously never watched us play or you are a jealous little dude. Those guys barely want play us so why bully them. Our program has too much class for that.
Seen you guys play plenty over the years. Are you serious? ESL has zero class. I saw them onside kick up 50 plus points a few years back and then go no huddle to make sure their RB could score on the school he transferred from. I’ve seen them run the score up and clown teams they have obvious “advantages” over consistently. That’s a fact. You guys front a lot on this board and I’m not sure why. Are you guys not aware of the reputation ESL has when it comes to “dirty” and “unsportsmanlike” play? If not then you are in denial or live in a bubble.

You guys barked up the wrong tree with that nonsense on Friday night and found out real quick that BS won’t work against a team like IMG or any team you don’t have an insane talent level advantage over. Like I said before there are levels to this game and ESL isn’t on the IMG or Bosco’s level. Period. I’m glad IMG was willing to do what Bosco wasn’t, which is keep the foot on the gas pedal and clown you guys every chance they got. Reality is that you guys wanted what they gave you. Your coaches and kids said they wanted “all the smoke”. Welp, ya’ll got it. Like I said: The bullies got bullied. Anyone not from ESL that watches that game saw Burden crack back in 24 early in the game and constantly get in kids faces flexing and posturing. Saw him step on kids ankles (on purpose) and walk up and kick a kid in the shin multiple times (watch the highlight video on youtube and you see him being dirty all game). Same with 5 and 58. All posturing and staring guys down, nHe was setting the wrong tone for you guys out there. He can hold his own on the field but his actions wrote checks his TEAM couldn’t cash.

Loved the late score and two point conversion too. Your coaches talking to their kids really didn’t sit well with them so they didn’t pull any punches.

The fact that an ESL fan is “going to create a blog” to complain about getting bullied by IMG is priceless. Absolutely priceless. Take shots at me all you want. I’m just a messenger. A messenger that enjoyed watching a dirty program who thought they had a chance to compete with IMG get smacked around all night.

Now go win that 6A state championship and pretend that’s all that mattered to you anyway. You aren’t fooling anyone. We all know Friday was your guys “Super Bowl”.

Seen you guys play plenty over the years. Are you serious? ESL has zero class. I saw them onside kick up 50 plus points a few years back and then go no huddle to make sure their RB could score on the school he transferred from. I’ve seen them run the score up and clown teams they have obvious “advantages” over consistently. That’s a fact. You guys front a lot on this board and I’m not sure why. Are you guys not aware of the reputation ESL has when it comes to “dirty” and “unsportsmanlike” play? If not then you are in denial or live in a bubble.

You guys barked up the wrong tree with that nonsense on Friday night and found out real quick that BS won’t work against a team like IMG or any team you don’t have an insane talent level advantage over. Like I said before there are levels to this game and ESL isn’t on the IMG or Bosco’s level. Period. I’m glad IMG was willing to do what Bosco wasn’t, which is keep the foot on the gas pedal and clown you guys every chance they got. Reality is that you guys wanted what they gave you. Your coaches and kids said they wanted “all the smoke”. Welp, ya’ll got it. Like I said: The bullies got bullied. Anyone not from ESL that watches that game saw Burden crack back in 24 early in the game and constantly get in kids faces flexing and posturing. Saw him step on kids ankles (on purpose) and walk up and kick a kid in the shin multiple times (watch the highlight video on youtube and you see him being dirty all game). Same with 5 and 58. All posturing and staring guys down, nHe was setting the wrong tone for you guys out there. He can hold his own on the field but his actions wrote checks his TEAM couldn’t cash.

Loved the late score and two point conversion too. Your coaches talking to their kids really didn’t sit well with them so they didn’t pull any punches.

The fact that an ESL fan is “going to create a blog” to complain about getting bullied by IMG is priceless. Absolutely priceless. Take shots at me all you want. I’m just a messenger. A messenger that enjoyed watching a dirty program who thought they had a chance to compete with IMG get smacked around all night.

Now go win that 6A state championship and pretend that’s all that mattered to you anyway. You aren’t fooling anyone. We all know Friday was your guys “Super Bowl”.
You've taken many of whippings haven't ya? You are butt hurt!

Super bowl is little league talk. I see what level you are on. If you feel ESL is bullies, you are entitled to your perception.

I personally had no issue with the score late and going for 2. I had no issue with with anything other than the leading with the head creating a head to head hit on a player as well as how the scuffle was handled. True competitors understand you will win some and lose some. Ejecting two people who never threw a punch and not ejection three kids that did is my only issue. Either all should have been ejected or none.
In the end, the game is over and no injuries for either team. On to the next!

hope things work out for you in the future. It’s obvious things haven’t gone well thus far!!!

Super bowl is little league talk. I see what level you are on. If you feel ESL is bullies, you are entitled to your perception.

I personally had no issue with the score late and going for 2. I had no issue with with anything other than the leading with the head creating a head to head hit on a player as well as how the scuffle was handled. True competitors understand you will win some and lose some. Ejecting two people who never threw a punch and not ejection three kids that did is my only issue. Either all should have been ejected or none.
In the end, the game is over and no injuries for either team. On to the next!

hope things work out for you in the future. It’s obvious things haven’t gone well thus far!!!

ESL fans/coaches are predictable with your personal insults. Did ESL onside kick against a conference opponent up 50 puts a few years ago or not? I’m sure you remember that they did. That’s classy though right? I’m sure you have a rationalization for why that’s ok. Insult a random poster personally because you have no argument other than “hater, jealous, you must have lost to ESL......” Same old song every time.

Put on a front for these Chicago folks all you want, but you can’t fool yourselves.

Did you have a problem with Burden walking to midfield and staring the IMG DBs down pregame then running his mouth? All pre game by the way. Did you have a problem with Burden cracking back on 24, it not being called and then flexing and posturing in kids faces? Did you have a problem with Burden getting shoved 4 yards out of bounds on a run play get upset and push through a crowd to get into 24’s face and flex? Did you have a problem with Burden walking up to 24 not 7, after 5 got rocked and literally kick him in the shin? Did you have a problem with 5 hitting kids square in the back towards the end of a play multiple times throughout the game? Did you have a problem with 58 shoving kids well after the whistle all game? He’s done that all year as well as dive on kids or put his knee in a kids back.
Did you see Burden wheel around and punch the db that slung him out of bounds before the fight happened? You didn’t? He did for sure. It’s why he was ejected.

All of the above happened and I’ll make a short video with of the clips and put them on YouTube if you want but do you really want me to? I’m not making this stuff up.

Watch the highlight videos on youtube and you hear the IMG kids asking why ESL is still talking and saying “they don’t want to play ball they just want to fight”. I mean, how do you get run over, stiff armed and run over and each time get up and walk towards the RB and run your mouth? What could you possibly have to even say? The IMG kids were confused.

You guys can spin your narrative all you want. Just like the moral victories the “comeback” against Bosco.....whatever helps you sleep at night.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Inside any one on this board knows ESL has not had a kicker in years, onside kick naw maybe a fluke kid that didn’t go well but onside kick when up by 50. Yeah right proves my theory will no longer respond to your nonsense

Reactions: TigerforFlyers

WOW!! Shots fired! lol

ESL fans/coaches are predictable with your personal insults. Did ESL onside kick against a conference opponent up 50 puts a few years ago or not? I’m sure you remember that they did. That’s classy though right? I’m sure you have a rationalization for why that’s ok. Insult a random poster personally because you have no argument other than “hater, jealous, you must have lost to ESL......” Same old song every time.

Put on a front for these Chicago folks all you want, but you can’t fool yourselves.

Did you have a problem with Burden walking to midfield and staring the IMG DBs down pregame then running his mouth? All pre game by the way. Did you have a problem with Burden cracking back on 24, it not being called and then flexing and posturing in kids faces? Did you have a problem with Burden getting shoved 4 yards out of bounds on a run play get upset and push through a crowd to get into 24’s face and flex? Did you have a problem with Burden walking up to 24 not 7, after 5 got rocked and literally kick him in the shin? Did you have a problem with 5 hitting kids square in the back towards the end of a play multiple times throughout the game? Did you have a problem with 58 shoving kids well after the whistle all game? He’s done that all year as well as dive on kids or put his knee in a kids back.
Did you see Burden wheel around and punch the db that slung him out of bounds before the fight happened? You didn’t? He did for sure. It’s why he was ejected.

All of the above happened and I’ll make a short video with of the clips and put them on YouTube if you want but do you really want me to? I’m not making this stuff up.

Watch the highlight videos on youtube and you hear the IMG kids asking why ESL is still talking and saying “they don’t want to play ball they just want to fight”. I mean, how do you get run over, stiff armed and run over and each time get up and walk towards the RB and run your mouth? What could you possibly have to even say? The IMG kids were confused.

You guys can spin your narrative all you want. Just like the moral victories the “comeback” against Bosco.....whatever helps you sleep at night.

you can post whatever video you like.
Also 5 wasn’t in the game until he took a shot however I will let you paint whatever picture you want.

Like I said before my issue is all should have been ejected. I’m okay with the kids sitting out as that’s the rules.

Quick question, where you on the field? How do you know what was said?

Water gun, BB gun, hell it doesn't matter to me. lol I'm just here for the comments! lol
yes-sit.gif

So you are ESL expert. Why are you so mad. You been a soft keyboard warrior for years. Why? Give some background on prejudice towards East St Louis. Are you the Belleville West guy who shouted you hate our kids? You are a sad man. Buy a puppy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT