ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 35 @ Hillcrest 8 Final

If you need to eat before (or after the game) Hog Wild on 150th and Pulaski has nutty, crazy BBQ.

That being said, as Marica said their defense is fast. Really fast as they get to the ball. But they go as Irving goes. He is by far and above a special player. He kicks, kicks off, returns punts and kicks while playing D and still rips off runs like no ones business. I hope he plays because you want to play the best. The key is getting them into 2nd and 3rd and long situations. Their passing game leaves a lot to be desired.
Irving is by far the best player I have seen play this year hope hes 100%.

Should be a great game, long time Richards fan (two sons played their for Coach Kor) Richards played both teams this year Irving and Brown are special backs. Both scored 3 Tds against Richards but Rita's defense
Could not stop Richards RB - Leshon Williams, He is almost back to full strength for East St. Louis. Will probably be at this game as East St Louis & Richards is not probable for me.

Good luck to both teams

Will be stopping at Hog Wild for sure.

Last edited:
I think going both ways will do in the Hawks. Close for the first 2 and half quarters than Rita will pull away.

The Rita defense is playing out of their minds right now and Kaleb Brown is bordering on unstoppable.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Bartolini's on 145th and Pulaski is good as well, if you want a cocktail with your meal. Can't go wrong with either Hog Wild or Bartolini's

Reactions: RockSoup
Between Irving and number 1, Rita will have a tough time containing them ,hillcrest by 14

Probably the Game of The Week across the state --- yes, every team still playing rightfully believes their game is, but this one rises above the rest.
Two high-power offensive squads that can each sustain long drives or pop-off a quick strike score.
Whichever team better contains the explosiveness of the opposition will win.
Special teams play --- good long-snaps, Fair Catches or clean fielding of Punts, Extra Points, discipline of Staying in Lanes on kickoffs, etc... loom big in this one.
Only because of strength of schedule, do I give St. Rita the edge.

Hillcrest's special teams is completely reliant on Irving as well so this injury could take him off offense, starting corner on defense, and kicker/punter/KR/punt returner.

Thursday of Quarterfinal week has arrived. And no doubt we’re all watching the RBs, what a great matchup between out of this world talents.

As a St. Rita fan, I’m excited to see how this defense tries to stop M’KI. They’ve lost to Pemberton of LA, Williams of HLR and had major breakdowns vs a mobile QB in Bell of Montini. Since then, lights out due to maintaining their responsibilities and the best open field tackling I’ve seen from the Red and Blue in years but will that continue this week?

Will the SR Oline win the leverage battle and drive off the ball creating the needed seams for KB?

Will both teams be able to complete enough passes to keep defenses honest?

Will each team be able to keep the emotions in between whistles? We saw how last years Hillcrest JCA game ended. I don’t see the refs putting up with any after whistle junk.

Me? I’m just glad to be a fan up in the stands watching 2 great teams with the state’s 2 top RBs lay it all on the line Saturday at 3pm.

Playing both ways always wears you down...playing both ways in 35 degree weather wears you down faster...and if Irving isn’t 100%....I’ll take Rita in this one and I’ll take them by 2 scores.

Thursday of Quarterfinal week has arrived. And no doubt we’re all watching the RBs, what a great matchup between out of this world talents.

As a St. Rita fan, I’m excited to see how this defense tries to stop M’KI. They’ve lost to Pemberton of LA, Williams of HLR and had major breakdowns vs a mobile QB in Bell of Montini. Since then, lights out due to maintaining their responsibilities and the best open field tackling I’ve seen from the Red and Blue in years but will that continue this week?

Will the SR Oline win the leverage battle and drive off the ball creating the needed seams for KB?

Will both teams be able to complete enough passes to keep defenses honest?

Will each team be able to keep the emotions in between whistles? We saw how last years Hillcrest JCA game ended. I don’t see the refs putting up with any after whistle junk.

Me? I’m just glad to be a fan up in the stands watching 2 great teams with the state’s 2 top RBs lay it all on the line Saturday at 3pm.
I will also most likely be attending this game. If Irving is 100%, it is going to be a great game to see live. Just excited that some great football is on this weekend, but this game is the most exciting. Happy I will be able to witness this game in person.

Absolutely! My wife is an HF grad and visited her ma today who lives at 183rd and Cal. I begged her to pick up some Aurelio’s and bring it back to Palatine. Alas, it was not to be for this poor NW Suburban cake-eater....

Bowie - try Bill's in Mundelein ... excellent. I believe there are other Bill's locations, but I don't know if the quality is the same.

This game will be great. Irving is a stud who was at Rita for some time when he was a freshmen. Brown is Stud this should be great. I'm thinking high score. St.Rita missing Henry Wilson is a Huge loss but St.Rita Mikey G on Defense along with Harris and Kyle James this should be a great one because Hillcrest is Hungry as well!!

Reactions: RockSoup
If Saint Rita plays defense the way they did against Sterling, I could see them having another shutout. I don’t see any team holding their offense to under 28 points, So my prediction is 32-7 Saint Rita

Bowie - try Bill's in Mundelein ... excellent. I believe there are other Bill's locations, but I don't know if the quality is the same.
Bill's has a double decker called "The Northsider". It's so good it should be called the "Southsider".

I’ll try to change the score in the title. Site’s slow on my side so no running game thread

Be close to running clock without Irving.
Has to be huge blow mentally for Hillcrest.

Mustangs got lucky on this one!
It's a shame, would have liked to see him at 100%.
But it does seem to be lining up for Rita. Semi game at home, no ESL in the south.
Rita has had some playoff x's and o's issues before so hopefully they keep it together.

It's a shame, would have liked to see him at 100%.
But it does seem to be lining up for Rita. Semi game at home, no ESL in the south.
Rita has had some playoff x's and o's issues before so hopefully they keep it together.

To emphasize lining up statement. ESL 44-0 over Richards 3 minutes left 2nd quarter. They would have been a tough out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT