ADVERTISEMENT

St. Charles North @ Batavia

I feel I need to comment here as a former Fox Valley resident who is well connected with many around both programs.

1) SCN as a school still has a major chip of its shoulders as the "second" school in town, despite a much better recent record in most sports

2) #1 is amplifield by SCN reputation as the "rich" school; many fewer low-income student and much more white. This drives a rumor of being "soft"

3) SCN's booster organization is completely out of control and driving too many athletic decisions. I personally know 2 folks who coached at the varsity level who have recently left coaching at North because they didn't want to deal with the booster.

All three of these drive SCN's rep across the area as a disliked team. (the Duke or Notre Dame if you will). Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. Some of their teams play chippier than other. probably, especially in football, baseball and lacrosse.

In fact, I would argue most of the bad blood between SCN and SCE probably comes more than lacrosse than football.

Just my 2 cents.

Interesting perspective and some points I hadn’t considered. Bad blood and rivalries do tend to go hand in hand. Bears v Packers. Sox v Cubs and so on. It’s not necessarily always a bad thing and it definitely makes the games a little more intense for the players and more exciting to watch for the fans. It can begin to go off the rails if the teams don’t have an underlying respect for each other. Hopefully, both STC schools won’t let it get too far out of hand.

Reactions: Tain33
I feel I need to comment here as a former Fox Valley resident who is well connected with many around both programs.

1) SCN as a school still has a major chip of its shoulders as the "second" school in town, despite a much better recent record in most sports

2) #1 is amplifield by SCN reputation as the "rich" school; many fewer low-income student and much more white. This drives a rumor of being "soft"

3) SCN's booster organization is completely out of control and driving too many athletic decisions. I personally know 2 folks who coached at the varsity level who have recently left coaching at North because they didn't want to deal with the booster.

All three of these drive SCN's rep across the area as a disliked team. (the Duke or Notre Dame if you will). Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. Some of their teams play chippier than other. probably, especially in football, baseball and lacrosse.

In fact, I would argue most of the bad blood between SCN and SCE probably comes more than lacrosse than football.

Just my 2 cents.
Would've loved to seen that boosters face last Friday around 10:00pm..

For anyone competing in a bracket, thought I’d pass on some inside information. Apparently st Charles north Ian a shoe-in to make the quarterfinals with their easy draw.

Source: Their coach’s twitter stream.

For anyone competing in a bracket, thought I’d pass on some inside information. Apparently st Charles north Ian a shoe-in to make the quarterfinals with their easy draw.

Source: Their coach’s twitter stream.

I would worry about beating Normal Community before talking about beating his alma mater and taking down WWS before moving onto the semis in the easy bracket.

WWS has some work to do to get another shot at SCN but I’m pretty sure SCN is aware of the Tigers record in playoff rematches and that’s why they are so excited to play them again...lol

Why would you broadcast that even if you think it?

I would worry about beating Normal Community before talking about beating his alma mater and taking down WWS before moving onto the semis in the easy bracket.

WWS has some work to do to get another shot at SCN but I’m pretty sure SCN is aware of the Tigers record in playoff rematches and that’s why they are so excited to play them again...lol

Why would you broadcast that even if you think it?

I can't help but laugh at this guy. SCN, the school who hasn't done anything worth anything in the playoffs and he's talking about the semis? Just adds to the reputation of SCN. Entitled, soft and daddy will fix everything by writing a check to the boosters.

I can't help but laugh at this guy. SCN, the school who hasn't done anything worth anything in the playoffs and he's talking about the semis? Just adds to the reputation of SCN. Entitled, soft and daddy will fix everything by writing a check to the boosters.

If you look past teams in the playoffs you are usually getting ready to play your last game. I have seen Normal Community in the past and they shouldn’t be taken lightly.

I don't know about some of the other stuff with SCN, but a coach of a 6-3 team at a school that really hasn't ever done anything in the playoffs, has to be beyond a moron to post this over twitter. He is an idiot!

I don't know about some of the other stuff with SCN, but a coach of a 6-3 team at a school that really hasn't ever done anything in the playoffs, has to be beyond a moron to post this over twitter. He is an idiot!

Clearly, SCN's arrogance comes from the top. Without Tyler Nubin, that is probably a 2-7 or 3-6 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT