ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Seasons

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
What month's do you think each major sports season should be??

For me many of these seasons are way too long with way too many teams in the playoffs and the playoffs lasting too long.

Baseball - this season is way too long. It's still snowing in April and too cold to sit and watch a game. Baseball needs to end when football begins.

Therefore baseball should be played from May through August. I'm Ok with many more doubleheaders.

Basketball is way too long. Begin in mid-December and end it in May.

Hockey - Play during the colder months only. Begin in October and end it in March.

Football - End of August or September through the end of January.

What are.your thoughts??

What month's do you think each major sports season should be??

For me many of these seasons are way too long with way too many teams in the playoffs and the playoffs lasting too long.

Baseball - this season is way too long. It's still snowing in April and too cold to sit and watch a game. Baseball needs to end when football begins.

Therefore baseball should be played from May through August. I'm Ok with many more doubleheaders.

Basketball is way too long. Begin in mid-December and end it in May.

Hockey - Play during the colder months only. Begin in October and end it in March.

Football - End of August or September through the end of January.

What are.your thoughts??
I think we need to get out of this lockdown because we’re thinking too much.

Wassup, you may start to get an answer to your question soon. The NBA announced a 25% pay cut for the players starting May 15th. They are paid twice a month. Twenty-five percent is a cut alright. The article I read said one third of the players live paycheck to paycheck.

That looks like it might be coming to MLB as well. Blurb in today's Sun Times says, Manfred is expected to announce today a decision to allow teams to furlough non-playing personnel or reduce their pay.

MLB is going to suspend Uniform Employee Contracts starting May 1st allowing but not requiring teams to take such measures. This does not affect the players. It affects a group that includes managers, coaches and front office personnel.

Reactions: Gene K.
The NBA announced a 25% pay cut for the players starting May 15th. They are paid twice a month. Twenty-five percent is a cut alright. The article I read said one third of the players live paycheck to paycheck.
League minimum is $898k. If they are living paycheck to paycheck that's a personal problem.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
League minimum is $898k. If they are living paycheck to paycheck that's a personal problem.
In general I would agree with you. But professional athletes don't live the financial lives we do. We have almost all the same things they do. But our homes are usually smaller as are our mortgages. I don't think anyone should be cutting it so close financially. But it is what it is.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT