ADVERTISEMENT

Sports in other countries..what are they doing??

gags33

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'll be honest, I gave up following the news. Most of what I know about all this covid shit comes from comes from here. Very informative...But I've never heard anything about what other countries are doing for HS sports and school. Are they in the same crappy rut we're in?? Are they playing soccer across the pond? Are they playing rugby and Australian rules football down under? Is Japan full swing in baseball? Hockey in Canada ? Jai alai in India? Is it that bad everywhere?

Most of the big soccer leagues in Europe started back up in mid May or early June and they just concluded their seasons this past weekend. With no interruptions or cancellations once they came back.

Not completely sure about all the other sports / countries although I did see that South Korea has now allowed fans to attend baseball games.

Found this article pretty interesting as to what countries are doing school wise now or what they are planning for the fall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5fb3e6-c122-11ea-8908-68a2b9eae9e0_story.html

Reactions: gags33
With the exception of Japanese high school baseball most high school aged kids sports in Europe and the rest of the world are professionalized. Meaning they have major clubs/sports teams backing them.

People in other countries also aren’t causing disruptions in grocery stores because they have to wear a mask.

We shouldn't compare the US to other countries. Many other countries addressed this earlier on.
Did you just say "Ignore that man behind the curtain?", "You're seeing things!", "That man is not really there!", "Trust me!", There's nothing to see here continue on."??????

Because that's exactly what it sounded like.

Reactions: IgorStL
Can we address Illinois? We took care of business as well.
May I remind you of the title of this Thread?

Did you just say "Ignore that man behind the curtain?", "You're seeing things!", "That man is not really there!", "Trust me!", There's nothing to see here continue on."??????

Where did I say that?

My point was that other countries addressed the Coronavirus by doing the things necessary as a country to fight it. America is politically divided and wearing a mask is now a political statement where in other countries it was a national resolve to stop the virus.

Until we get our act together and pull together as a nation, this will affect us for a long time.

Reactions: PowerI66
Hong Kong, Europe...check out what's happening to them now. Even with the masks and more restrictive lockdowns than us, guess what happening to them again....a virus is going to virus.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
May I remind you of the title of this Thread?

Where did I say that?

My point was that other countries addressed the Coronavirus by doing the things necessary as a country to fight it. America is politically divided and wearing a mask is now a political statement where in other countries it was a national resolve to stop the virus.

Until we get our act together and pull together as a nation, this will affect us for a long time.
and my point was, we (Illinois) attacked the virus like other countries did, Can we address our state as OUR state or do we lumped in with the rest of the country.

You say that but do you mean it? There will be NO pulling together as a Nation until a certain party quits throwing a complete hissy fit about the last election and actually starts supporting the President of the United States instead of constantly trying to undermine him.

I have supported every duly elected president during my lifetime, have you?

As much as I hate JB, he was aggressive in taking a stand against this virus. And he was aggressive in seeing that everybody followed the rules. As a country not so much. And its only A matter of time before it starts affecting other States that were not hit so hard in the beginning . I feel we is Illinois ends earned the right to have football. If not as a whole, at least the varsity. The seniors. They have to do whatever they have to do to get this season in whether it be delayed, or in the Spring. But you just can't cut out the season

and my point was, we (Illinois) attacked the virus like other countries did, Can we address our state as OUR state or do we lumped in with the rest of the country.
Then your quarrel is with the originator of this thread not me.

You say that but do you mean it? There will be NO pulling together as a Nation until a certain party quits throwing a complete hissy fit about the last election and actually starts supporting the President of the United States instead of constantly trying to undermine him.

I have supported every duly elected president during my lifetime, have you?
No I haven't and am proud of that stance.

Then your quarrel is with the originator of this thread not me.
I guess you answered my question then, you are lumping us all in as a whole, no matter which states addressed it early on and which states did not. So those countries get applauded, Illinois gets punished.

Like Sweden.
Sweden didn't do much of anything, kind of just powered through it. My nephew and his girlfriend have been there 3 years. She got the virus in February, they quarantined at home, he never had any symptoms and tested negative and she was back at work as a teacher in a few weeks. Just talked to him today and I mentioned how I was "sick of this sh*t" and he replied, "oh yeah, you guys are still fighting that, I forget because it's pretty much back to normal here".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT