ADVERTISEMENT

South Elgin @ Brother Rice

dweise

Nov 3, 2006
South Elgin at Brother Rice is this Saturday at 5.

What's the scouting report on South Elgin? I don't hear much about them around here and in the paper/twitter. I don't care what their schedule was. They've won 9 football games out of 10 this year so I will come in with a ton of respect. The only thing I have to work off of is the fact that SE lost to Bartlett 17-14 on October 18th. Rice beat Barlett 28-8 last week. But as you know just because A=B and B=C doesn't always mean A=C.

I'm expecting a tough game for Rice. We'll see how Jack Lausch looks when the field isn't in terrible conditions.

What does everyone else think? Calpreps has Rice as a 6 point favorite (assuming neutral field). That has proven to be a minuscule spread.

SE
they run a version of the wing T
Have a RB and TE with good size. Didnt notice a ton of speed.
They shutout 5 out 10 opponents.
solid football team that Rice will have their hands full with

Reactions: Gene K. and dweise
Seems like they blew a lot of teams out....except Bartlett...but like you said you can’t go off that method, will drive you nuts. BR beat Marist....LA beat BR...Therefore LA should have beaten Marist easily. Didn’t happen. That being said, off strength of schedule and good old fashioned gut instinct, BR wins, similar to Bartlett game.

Reactions: Bowie50 and dweise
I wonder how SE's offensive line is. BR has to get pressure on the quarterback with Warren and Jefferson from here on out. Willie Shaw has to be a factor. Lausch has a ton of talent but he's young. That's always a concern. Can't be making big mistakes in November.

Reactions: Gene K.
Watch a few games on Hudl
SE didn’t really let up on the gas when up big
Against some of these schools
And what conference is this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
Which a few games on Hudl
SE didn’t really let up on the gas when up big
Against some of these schools
And what conference is this?
They're in the Upstate 8.

They have limited videos up on youtube so I'll take a look at them. Most of them are against teams the blew out (was hoping for the Barlett game).

I might be able to get my friend's hudl log in.

South Elgin at Brother Rice is this Saturday at 5.

What's the scouting report on South Elgin? I don't hear much about them around here and in the paper/twitter. I don't care what their schedule was. They've won 9 football games out of 10 this year so I will come in with a ton of respect. The only thing I have to work off of is the fact that SE lost to Bartlett 17-14 on October 18th. Rice beat Barlett 28-8 last week. But as you know just because A=B and B=C doesn't always mean A=C.

I'm expecting a tough game for Rice. We'll see how Jack Lausch looks when the field isn't in terrible conditions.

What does everyone else think? Calpreps has Rice as a 6 point favorite (assuming neutral field). That has proven to be a minuscule spread.

Is Warren playing this week?

Reactions: FalconPadre
Yes.

MLB Myles Jones has yet to play with Warren.
Been out past 4 weeks.

Would like to see Rice D at full strength.
Is Myles coming back? Was still in a cast on the sideline for the Carmel game. They even had Jefferson playing outside linebacker.

Looks like JCA's offense, but the QB keeps it more and they will pass. They have let up 42 points in 10 games, 17 being the most to Bartlett. Wonder what happened during that game because they destroyed everyone else..... Beat Glenbard South 63-0, Rita just beat them 49-14. Beat Glenbard East 35-7, Marist just beat them 49-7.

They don't look really big. They don't seem to have a certain player they go to the most. Nothing BR hasn't seen before. I'll hold with BR as my pick at home unless they shoot themselves in the foot.

Reactions: dweise
BR wins but it may not be artistically as pleasing as some BR posters may like. But a journeyman win is OK too. Point spread may not be great but outcome not in question

I'd say BR takes care of business if it wasn't for their history of doing the complete opposite in early round playoff games. They shouldn't be in any position to look past someone but South Elgin is a lesser team. Wing T may cause problems early but BR withstands for a 24-14 win

I'm hoping this team is what the 2017 team should've been and the future 2020 experienced Crusaders can make another run. That 2017 team was bogged down by injuries. They can gain some valuable experience this year that will prepare them for next year. Although, they will be missing some important pieces, while returning Lausch, Somers, Moorehead, Shaw. Hopefully the current juniors can make an impact next year because they are losing quite a bit of seniors after this year.

I'm hoping this team is what the 2017 team should've been and the future 2020 experienced Crusaders can make another run. That 2017 team was bogged down by injuries. They can gain some valuable experience this year that will prepare them for next year. Although, they will be missing some important pieces, while returning Lausch, Somers, Moorehead, Shaw. Hopefully the current juniors can make an impact next year because they are losing quite a bit of seniors after this year.

Will Warren be returning next year?

I really like this website and blog but I’m amazed at some of the stuff that’s written. SE does not run the wing-t or anything resembling the Joliet Catholic offense. That said, Rice still wins.

Reactions: stl705
I really like this website and blog but I’m amazed at some of the stuff that’s written. SE does not run the wing-t or anything resembling the Joliet Catholic offense. That said, Rice still wins.
When they say "resembling the Joliet Catholic offense" I think they mean Ball control, clock eating, sustained long drives, AKA offenses that try to keep the opposition's offense off the field & limit their number of touches.

I don't think they mean that the 2 teams run the same offense or even similar.

I will be rooting for my man Soph SE QB Karpowicz (Montini connections) but BR will be too much for SE.

When they say "resembling the Joliet Catholic offense" I think they mean Ball control, clock eating, sustained long drives, AKA offenses that try to keep the opposition's offense off the field & limit their number of touches.

How did you get that, out of that? The quote was, "looks like JCA's offense." Just wondering.

The game will be streamed on Brother Rice’s YouTube channel per twitter.

How did you get that, out of that? The quote was, "looks like JCA's offense." Just wondering.
I don't know now that you put it that way in black & white, but I think that's what he meant. :)

I don't know now that you put it that way in black & white, but I think that's what he meant. :)

Alwaysbulldog is talking with hate in his heart.
Very snippy and salty responses.

Save the chip on your shoulder for Saturday.

The mighty Bartlett @bhawks supporter was also calling out the CCL by the end of last week.

Haven’t heard from him since Friday.

Crusaders have played well the past 6 quarters with the new QB.

I have a good feeling moving forward.

BR 26
SE 14

Reactions: krock the house
They absolutely do, you just seem to battle a lot of what is said here.

It will be a tough game and BR better bring their lunch and hard hat. Nothing will be given to them

You would think a team isn't expecting to have things given to them in the 2nd round of the 8A playoffs.

Alwaysbulldog is talking with hate in his heart.
Very snippy and salty responses.

Save the chip on your shoulder for Saturday.

The mighty Bartlett @bhawks supporter was also calling out the CCL by the end of last week.

Haven’t heard from him since Friday.

Crusaders have played well the past 6 quarters with the new QB.

I have a good feeling moving forward.

BR 26
SE 14

No hate. I think BR wins.

SE runs the option. JCA runs Wing-T. If you can't tell the difference between those two, you should stick to basketball.
I saw a few plays and it kinda looked like the wing to me....is pistol a better reference? Maybe not but it’s not worth getting all worked up over. I’m not a coach, I come from the days of the Power I and split veer. BR wins no matter what it is they run.

I saw a few plays and it kinda looked like the wing to me....is pistol a better reference? Maybe not but it’s not worth getting all worked up over. I’m not a coach, I come from the days of the Power I and split veer. BR wins no matter what it is they run.

RIGHT! But having a wing, next to a tackle, does not make an offense the Wing-T. Just pointing it out.

Reactions: McCaravan
Will Warren be returning next year?

You need to let it go man.

Every post you make on a BR thread is about Warren and every post is negative.

Grow up.

You’re most likely a MC or Rita guy with excellent seasons going on and even brighter futures.

You act like MC and Rita have never had transfers come and go. If you want to trash schools and coaches that is one thing. To trash a kid you have most likely never meant is garbage.

You need to let it go man.

Every post you make on a BR thread is about Warren and every post is negative.

Grow up.

You’re most likely a MC or Rita guy with excellent seasons going on and even brighter futures.

You act like MC and Rita have never had transfers come and go. If you want to trash schools and coaches that is one thing. To trash a kid you have most likely never meant is garbage.
You are 110% correct. There isn’t a team in the State that wouldn’t have taken a flyer on this player. You think MC wouldn’t have wanted him and Grant next to each other on the D-line? Forget about it!

That being said, I think some fans are firing back from past criticism that BR and other schools fans and staff used against teams that benefited from transfer players. Ive heard it all. Just have to numb to it and resort back to grade school Religion class and say to yourself the age old quote “He who has not sinned may cast the first stone”......wait can I mention Religious quotes on message boards? : )

Reactions: Gene K. and Queen4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT