ADVERTISEMENT

So who is your Sleeper Teams to Watch for 2020?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I define sleeper teams as teams that went 4-5 or worse in 2019 and these are team who can challenge for a 2020 state playoff bid.

Post those sleeper teams to watch and why here.

I propose Lockport in Year 2 of the George Czart tenure as Head Coach. Their new opening 2 non-cons appear more manageable than last season where they went 0-2 out of the gate. They repeat the same 3 cross-over opponents from the smaller enrollment Red Division of the SWSC - all of whom they beat last season. In their 4 Blue Division games, 3 tough dates with LWE, H-F and The 'Brook, along with a match with Sandburg.

Reactions: missingwalter
I know they were 5-4 last season but Thornwood should be one to watch with Laurence RB Nate Thomas transferring there, should he remain.

Will be interesting to see if the Tigers can put it together. They return some decent talent and the JV team was undefeated.
Absolutely, The sophs improved quite a bit record wise, I'm not sure if they had any guys pulled up, but after watching the 2021 class for the past 3 years, I have no doubt they have the talent. They did lose some good lineman from the class of 2020, but the 2021 class always had size upfront.

Very bummed.. Was good to see Maine West succeed..and not sure Lake Park is a step up to be honest. Easier to win in the CSL North than the DuKane.
Lake Park produces much more talent. Not sure when the last time MW had a DI player. Lake Park seems to have at least one every year.

I do not see a D1 player on this current Lake Park junior class, but I really like them. Had good success at lower levels with a couple of their best players playing up. Tough, scrappy group. Getting to 5 wins will depend a lot on if DuKane is up or down this year. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Lake Park produces much more talent. Not sure when the last time MW had a DI player. Lake Park seems to have at least one every year.
Winning has nothing to do about producing D1 talent.By the way a couple of yrs ago MW had the one of the best players in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT