ADVERTISEMENT

So who is the 2017 State of Illinois HS Player of the Year?

Major Candidates:
Fotis Kokosoulis
Justin Hall
Ray Niro
DR from LWE.

POY;
Fotis, in my opinion. Maybe That's because I'm so happy to no longer see him destroy Evanston in a ho-hum fashion.lol.

Major Candidates:
Fotis Kokosoulis
Justin Hall
Ray Niro
DR from LWE.

POY;
Fotis, in my opinion. Maybe That's because I'm so happy to no longer see him destroy Evanston in a ho-hum fashion.lol.
I think you meant DO (Devin O'Rourke).
You had me crunching my brain there for a while.

Fooled ya'all. No vote! I have been dutifully chastised about my posts regarding you-know-who. From now on, strictly comments on games. Sorry for my enthusiasm before.

Have to have Alec Pierce from GW on the list as he has scored from every angle (Run, catch, Punt Return) and played multiple positions on defense to solidify that unit every time needed.

Oh crap, I forgot Jack Jessen, Willowbrook. Pretty sure he crested 2,000 yards rushing this past weekend, but if he didn't, it is only because he didn't play the 2nd half out of mercy. Add that to the LB work and this cat may end up pulling off the 2nd largest upset in the history of the planet in the quarterfinals (assuming they get past Dekalb.)

Reactions: Bwm57
Dear ladies. Please out your man pants on and make a suggestions it's just a Q not a final vote

LOL. Ok if I have to slip them on this early - what about Undefeated Barrington’s Nitro Niro?

Last edited:
Oh crap, I forgot Jack Jessen, Willowbrook. Pretty sure he crested 2,000 yards rushing this past weekend, but if he didn't, it is only because he didn't play the 2nd half out of mercy. Add that to the LB work and this cat may end up pulling off the 2nd largest upset in the history of the planet in the quarterfinals (assuming they get past Dekalb.)
Lol not happening

Big school - Jack Jessen Willowbrook. Kid is a freak of nature athlete, even a better wrestler than football player

Small school - Nic Baker Rochester. 2500 yds 40 td passes and ZERO ints

Ok cool, I’m not a fan of any of the teams they play, so go nuts Willowbrook. That said if you’re in the playoffs and you need bulletin board material go get ready to play you’ve already lost.

Agreed. Tongue was totally in cheek.

I find myself agreeing with Voodoo...what is the world coming to?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day! So with that - the odds are every once in a while you will end up agreeing with me!! But seriously - that kid is a fantastic HS player.

Not sure what’s in the water up north - Palatine also had another fantastic one the previous couple years 2015, 2016.

Last edited:
Jayko QB from Johnsburg- that is my homer call! :)
Evans from PR - that is my northern IL Bias

Difficult to say as a Stevenson guy, but watched a lot of football, a lot of games, a lot of players- if LZ runs the 7a table- no doubt in my mind that Sanborn needs to be considered. The kid almost never comes off the field and sideline to sideline controls a shut-down defense that is the difference maker. That defense has allowed the offense to gain swagger, confidence of its own.
My two cents- I would nominate Sanborn of LZ

Reactions: KingKore and mmca
Difficult to say as a Stevenson guy, but watched a lot of football, a lot of games, a lot of players- if LZ runs the 7a table- no doubt in my mind that Sanborn needs to be considered. The kid almost never comes off the field and sideline to sideline controls a shut-down defense that is the difference maker. That defense has allowed the offense to gain swagger, confidence of its own.
My two cents- I would nominate Sanborn of LZ
Good Choice!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT