ADVERTISEMENT

So what happens today?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Does the court rule in favor of the IHSA or against them? If it's against the IHSA then what happens? Even with a win today against the IHSA I'm not expecting a quick turnaround for many, many reasons.

You?

Post those thoughts here.

I still think there will be a lot of hoops to jump through at the individual school districts. I could see private associations using at as a way to open up their programming for sports like soccer, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball and hockey where games currently can not be played.

If this injunction happens, could it mean Thursday afternoon CPL action before the end of the month?

There would have to be a decision next week so we could possibly have 10/30 as the opener. How likely that is I am not sure. A seven week season would take us to mid December with Thanksgiving weekend being the curious one with families traveling. I have no idea what that does to wrestling and basketball season. We have pretty much resigned ourselves to Spring and have asked parents not to plan on going away for Spring Break. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT