ADVERTISEMENT

SHG/Montini

I'm a fan of 1-32 seeding. Whether its quads, or 1-16 or 1-32, you still have to win five playoff games to be champs. SHG did that. They beat everyone in their bracket, and they beat them handily. They beat the winner of the northern bracket, and there was no question who the better team was by far.

And they have done this for two consecutive years.

Given the above, you really need to stop soothing your disappointment or trying to build up your team by casting doubt on the team that just beat your team or whatever it is you are doing and simply start to give credit where credit is due. You'll feel better. Trust me.

Originally posted by pjjp:
This discussion exposes a widely held myth on this message board. Teams need to play a tough schedule in order to prepare them for an extended playoff run. It's bunk. I'll take an easier path...with the expectation of a healthier team....especially for the 5A and below levels. Did Lemont play a tough schedule? Did C-G? Did SHG? IMO, none of them did, and they were all prepared to play in the championship games.
I completely agree. I would much rather have an easier path in the playoffs.

Originally posted by ramblinman:
I'm a fan of 1-32 seeding. Whether its quads, or 1-16 or 1-32, you still have to win five playoff games to be champs. SHG did that. They beat everyone in their bracket, and they beat them handily. They beat the winner of the northern bracket, and there was no question who the better team was by far.

And they have done this for two consecutive years.

Given the above, you really need to stop soothing your disappointment or trying to build up your team by casting doubt on the team that just beat your team or whatever it is you are doing and simply start to give credit where credit is due. You'll feel better. Trust me.
I hate to sound like a jerk, but no one is going to feel sorry for a school that is three years removed from throwing the ball up 21 points in the 5A title game with under 3 minutes to go.

SHG won fair and square. They were the better team. With that said, both inside LB's from Montini were playing with broken bones. Not easy, and they happened in the MCC and Geneseo games.

I would take the easier path every time...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Who says those players wouldn't get hurt the same or worse against Peoria and Taylorville. Taylorville/Geneseo would be a good game, and Peoria would roll Geneseo, In my opinion.

I wasn't implying anything Sixers, just stating a fact. An easier road might have made the possibility of injury less likely. Notice I said might have, not would have.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

SHG won the game handily, congrats to them. They demolished teams on the regular in season and rolled through 5A. Montini had a good team, but from all accounts 2015 is the year of the Bronco. Best till then, but this season is over and SHG was far an away the best team in the class.

Need to move on people....SHG had a powerhouse team this year and last year. Montini had two very good teams as well, just not as good as SHG. I am looking forward to next year and the year after as Montini will be reloading with Junior returners and some very very good sophomores. As Bill Parcells once said, the Luckiest teams in football tend to have the bigger and faster players.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT