ADVERTISEMENT

SF field a total mess again.

I think the field area always gets a lot of water. Not much you can do.

I was surprised when they put all the money into it a few years back since it’s always been prone to flooding but now it seems like they have a real issue that will continually pop up every few years. They should make it a parking lot so the kids don’t have to cross Roosevelt daily and I only say that only half jokingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Belleau Woods is more like a bog

That is very true. The county always calls it a forest preserve, but it's really what you describe or just a marsh. The ground is so soft and retains moisture, I don't recall not walking to school (I graduated from SF in the mid-80s) without my shoes getting sopping wet and filthy with mud.

Nothing changed since.

That is very true. The county always calls it a forest preserve, but it's really what you describe or just a marsh. The ground is so soft and retains moisture, I don't recall not walking to school (I graduated from SF in the mid-80s) without my shoes getting sopping wet and filthy with mud.

Nothing changed since.
I've tried to take my daughter hiking in there in the spring and fall and it's always been really, really wet

I've tried to take my daughter hiking in there in the spring and fall and it's always been really, really wet

I don't know where you live, but if you live close enough to walk through that bog, you might want to take your daughter to Cantigny if you haven't already. It's right near the preserve and the gardens and home on the property are beautiful. The museum is small but quite interesting.

I assume they will practice out back by baseball field. That’s were they use to practice when field was grass.

I heard about Wheaton College and I like the idea. It's much better than playing at COD. As far as practicing, thank God the fields behind the football field are 20 inches higher or my parent's house would have been flooded.

How about Naperville Central? They could recruit even more players without getting out of their seat!

I remember watching them play playoff games at West Chicago. That was a good option.

They could bring mobile lights to Glenbard West and have all the Friday night games they want.

How about Naperville Central? They could recruit even more players without getting out of their seat!

Not sure if they recruit but if they are recruiting they need to recruit some kids for the OL and DL. They are pretty darn good on the field but it seems some kids want to be part of the program for the off season and off the field stuff. Stine runs a great all around program and most kids are attracted to it except the rare few who are afraid of competition.

Not sure if they recruit but if they are recruiting they need to recruit some kids for the OL and DL. They are pretty darn good on the field but it seems some kids want to be part of the program for the off season and off the field stuff. Stine runs a great all around program and most kids are attracted to it except the rare few who are afraid of competition.
Transfer bus only dropped off 3 d1 skill guys? Man that’s tough for Central, whatever will they do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT