ADVERTISEMENT

SCN BEATS MC- 27-21 (2OT)

The second guessing and the what if’s will kill you Caravan fans. Lot went wrong in those 48 min on all three phases of the game. Pin pointing one play, one player, or a coaches call will drive you nuts and isn’t fair. I grew up on this game, I think I’ve seen it all. Yes I was upset yesterday, but you know what? The sun rose today. It’s a Holiday week, Bears are on prime time, my son who plays is healthy and focusing on next year. It’s just High School football. You all know we’ll be back....and back....and back again. WE ARE MC!!!

The second guessing and the what if’s will kill you Caravan fans. Lot went wrong in those 48 min on all three phases of the game. Pin pointing one play, one player, or a coaches call will drive you nuts and isn’t fair. I grew up on this game, I think I’ve seen it all. Yes I was upset yesterday, but you know what? The sun rose today. It’s a Holiday week, Bears are on prime time, my son who plays is healthy and focusing on next year. It’s just High School football. You all know we’ll be back....and back....and back again. WE ARE MC!!!

Great post and could not agree more! So happy and blessed both my sons finished HS football without any major injuries and still love this game so much and appreciate it even more for having played it since they were little kids.

No, just a passionate fan that finds it sad that there a small handful of MC "fans" that have been waiting all year for MC to fail so they could say "I told you so" about the coaching situation.

The fact is Jordan had an outstanding rookie season, and trying to call it anything less is flat out wrong and frankly pathetic. It's even more pathetic to to want to see those boys lose after the hard work they put in, just so your feelings about a coach can be vindicated. The opposite happened this year, and like I said, Jordan proved no one person is bigger than MC football!

Stop Fake News,
True MC fans hoping the Caravan lose? I seriously doubt that. I have been on this site way to long to think a MC fan would want their team to lose just to say I told you so about a coach. Come on man!

Lynch did a terrific job in his first year as head coach. I was happy to see Mt. Carmel playing in the semi-final game. I thought I read somewhere that Mt. Carmel went for the point after to tie the game instead of trying for the two point conversion to win it. Is that correct?

Lynch did a terrific job in his first year as head coach. I was happy to see Mt. Carmel playing in the semi-final game. I thought I read somewhere that Mt. Carmel went for the point after to tie the game instead of trying for the two point conversion to win it. Is that correct?
They did. I wanted the 2. But you make it you’re a hero, you miss it you’re a fool. It’s tough, they played it safe.

Reactions: Gene K.
It is a real real tough call. I remember Coach Andriano from Montini saying he would always go for the two and Coach Bu feels the same way and mentioned that he learned his approach from a very successful Coach Andriano. My comments are not meant as a criticism of Coach Lynch just contrasting opinions from other coaches. Wonder what other fans feel about this all or nothing approach on a two point versus one point conversion. Personally I glad I'm not the coach who has to make that decision.

Disclaimer: I have missed a lot of news, etc. over the past 10-11 months due to some medical conditions.

So there were occasional posts about MC changing Head Coaches that just didn't make sense even though it sounded like Lenti retired and was replaced with Lynch, because I knew that MC would never fire or force-out Lenti.

But things were sounding so strange that I just googled the coaching change.

WTF did you guys do?

I am in complete awe. And currently being on very strong pain killers makes anything that creates incredible awe suspect. Lynch may very well be a great coach, but...

Did this really happen?

Yes it did! Lenti was ousted. I don't know by whom in the administration but his brother stayed as the defensive guy. Lynch, a MC alum, was given the job and he proved up to the task and brought in some of his own offensive strategies which served them well. Feel for Coach Lenti who IMO was a class guy but don't know what occurred behind the scenes.

It is a real real tough call. I remember Coach Andriano from Montini saying he would always go for the two and Coach Bu feels the same way and mentioned that he learned his approach from a very successful Coach Andriano. My comments are not meant as a criticism of Coach Lynch just contrasting opinions from other coaches. Wonder what other fans feel about this all or nothing approach on a two point versus one point conversion. Personally I glad I'm not the coach who has to make that decision.
I’m sure it kept him up last night and will be on his mind, but he’s a professional. First year head coach, he played it safe. Like I said in above post, what if’s will drive you insane.

Yes it did! Lenti was ousted. I don't know by whom in the administration but his brother stayed as the defensive guy. Lynch, a MC alum, was given the job and he proved up to the task and brought in some of his own offensive strategies which served them well. Feel for Coach Lenti who IMO was a class guy but don't know what occurred behind the scenes.
WOWo_O

Having placed at JCHS/JCA for Gordie Gillespie I can't even wrap my mind around this. The thought of Gillespie being forced out just does not compute. There would have to be a very long trail of blood, dead bodies and overwhelming evidence to even consider such a thing.

Disclaimer: I have missed a lot of news, etc. over the past 10-11 months due to some medical conditions.

So there were occasional posts about MC changing Head Coaches that just didn't make sense even though it sounded like Lenti retired and was replaced with Lynch, because I knew that MC would never fire or force-out Lenti.

But things were sounding so strange that I just googled the coaching change.

WTF did you guys do?

I am in complete awe. And currently being on very strong pain killers makes anything that creates incredible awe suspect. Lynch may very well be a great coach, but...

Did this really happen?
I’m sorry for your medical condition but this is about a year old and discussed to the absolute death. Let it Rest In Peace....

Reactions: StopFakeNews
I’m sorry for your medical condition but this is about a year old and discussed to the absolute death. Let it Rest In Peace....
Did you actually just tell me that after I have heard the most amazing thing in high school football I have heard in a very long time, that you don't want me to make any comments on it because I was late to your party? Seriously?

I did not plan on making any additional comments about it, but...:rolleyes:

I don't know how Mt. Carmel fans feel about Lenti's departure - whether there's a consensus one way or the other as to whether they're glad he was ousted - but being a (long, long time suffering) DePaul Blue Demon fan, I can say definitively no matter what anyone thinks about Frank's ouster the wrong Lenti, by a million miles, was forced out.

Did you actually just tell me that after I have heard the most amazing thing in high school football I have heard in a very long time, that you don't want me to make any comments on it because I was late to your party? Seriously?

Maybe you’re timing isn’t great with most MC fans still mourning yesterday’s loss and here you come, way late to the party, to dredge up a dead horse topic that was already beaten to a pulp months ago. So yeah....I see McCaravans point. Seriously.

Good point! I think he broke his ankle,

I agree! They will get #13, the sophomore class hasn’t lost a game in two years. I trust that Lynch will focus on strength and conditioning this off season. Far too many injuries to not question this important piece of preparation...

The SC and conditioning at MC is ran like a college program and is one of the best around. What injuries can be contributed to the strength program?

Reactions: McCaravan

It’s been discussed at nauseating length, but I still think it’s sad for a hall of fame coach to go out like that. We don’t know all the behind the scenes stuff, but there must have been another way to handle it and imo it was handled badly by the administration

When it was announced - there was massive confusion and the school made it sound like it was a retirement and that’s not what the coach said in a statement a few hours later. One would think you would want to be on the same page or at the very least release a statement more accurate to an ousting if you knew the coach was going to say he got ousted and not go along with a retirement type transition.

It’s been discussed at nauseating length, but I still think it’s sad for a hall of game coach to go out like that. We don’t know all the behind the scenes stuff, but there must have been another way to handle it and imo it was handled badly by the administration

When it was announced - there was massive confusion and the school made it sound like it was a retirement and that’s not what the coach said in a statement a few hours later. One would think you would want to be on the same page or at the very least release a statement more accurate to an ousting if you knew the coach was going to say he got ousted and not go along with a retirement type transition.
C’mon Voodoo, your an old guard on this site, are you going to really give this topic life again to a guy who admits he’s tripping on meds?? Can we at least wait until February before we kick this dead horse in the balls again?? Does he know Nagy is the Bears coach??

It’s been discussed at nauseating length, but I still think it’s sad for a hall of fame coach to go out like that. We don’t know all the behind the scenes stuff, but there must have been another way to handle it and imo it was handled badly by the administration

Did Lynch know that Coach Lenti was being fired when he took the job? Or did the administration at Mt. Carmel lead him to believe that it was a mutual parting of ways?

Just in case it's not clear: I have the highest respect for the MC program and have always rooted for them (unless they are playing my Hilltoppers). I was also disappointed at yesterday's OT lose.

But I won't comment anymore (Now) on the coaching thing, I came home late and apparently got grounded / restricted from certain activities on my computer. :D

C’mon Voodoo, your an old guard on this site, are you going to really give this topic life again to a guy who admits he’s tripping on meds?? Can we at least wait until February before we kick this dead horse in the balls again?? Does he know Nagy is the Bears coach??

You are right. My bad. It is old topic and really doesn’t need to be brought up as it is done and dusted.

I’m shocked Kevin didn’t hear it all when it was actually announced.

But in the off-season for Kevin I will post the exec recap notes of the first 1000 posts of the dumpster fire thread! I will post it in March!!

Reactions: Queen4
Just in case it's not clear: I have the highest respect for the MC program and have always rooted for them (unless they are playing my Hilltoppers). I was also disappointed at yesterday's OT lose.

But I won't comment anymore (Now) on the coaching thing, I came home late and apparently got grounded / restricted from certain activities on my computer. :D

Hope the recovery goes well Kevin.

I heard on one of the other threads you wanted to experience the Dumpster Fire thread from last year. While I don’t have the power to resurrect the thread, I have the next best thing. I recapped the highlights of the first 1000 posts of the thread. I figured eventually it would get flushed and there was too much good stuff in there to let it fullly die so I took the time while I was traveling for work to document some of the madness real time while the madness was ongoing!! I will post it in the off-season and hope that Edgy lets me keep it up long enough for you to read it!

I’m shocked Kevin didn’t hear it all when it was actually announced.

But in the off-season for Kevin I will post the exec recap notes of the first 1000 posts of the dumpster fire thread! I will post it in March!!
Sorry but it's been a bad year. I just calculated about 23 days in hospital total (5 in ICU) and another 5 days in a Nursing home. If it happened in 2018 it may still be news to me. :eek:

Yes he had more wins this season than last year. In the GREEN.
No, just a passionate fan that finds it sad that there a small handful of MC "fans" that have been waiting all year for MC to fail so they could say "I told you so" about the coaching situation.

The fact is Jordan had an outstanding rookie season, and trying to call it anything less is flat out wrong and frankly pathetic. It's even more pathetic to to want to see those boys lose after the hard work they put in, just so your feelings about a coach can be vindicated. The opposite happened this year, and like I said, Jordan proved no one person is bigger than MC football!

Another point, do you think Dave Lenti will be at MC next year? His son is graduating.

Another point, do you think Dave Lenti will be at MC next year? His son is graduating.
Ah the “Green” conference jab resurfaces too. Yes, they were in the green this year but they beat Loyola, Providence forfeited but let’s be honest MC probably wins that game easily. Rita finished 3-6, guessing that would have been a W too. That leaves BR and I would have loved to see that game. If MC was in the Blue they would have likely gone 3-1 and possibly 4-0. I guess we’ll see how it goes in 2019.

As far as Coach Dave, I hope he stays. He’s the best defensive mind in the business. I’m hearing he is staying but if he chooses to leave that’s his choice.

How can you say “possibly 4-0” when we are 13-0 and in the 8A championship game? You guys barely squeaked by Loyola by a point & if the game was 8 seconds longer....you lose it. And you just lost in 7A to a team with 3 losses. GTFOH!

Reactions: Fbfan14
How can you say “possibly 4-0” when we are 13-0 and in the 8A championship game? You guys barely squeaked by Loyola by a point & if the game was 8 seconds longer....you lose it. And you just lost in 7A to a team with 3 losses. GTFOH!
Because we POSSIBLY could have beat you, because ANYTHING can happen especially when two QUALITY teams play each other. I know you’re an MC hater, I’m not disrespecting BR in anyway, show some respect and don’t be one of those cocky fans. My brother was on Rice’s last Championship team when I was in the second grade, you haven’t won anything yet.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

MC was in green because the previous coach wanted MC to be out of blue and into the green. Not to mention MC beat Loyola this year after getting stomped by them last year.

I bet Dave sticks around, he has a good job at MC outside of coaching.

Because we POSSIBLY could have beat you, because ANYTHING can happen especially when two QUALITY teams play each other. I know you’re an MC hater, I’m not disrespecting BR in anyway, show some respect and don’t be one of those cocky fans. My brother was on Rice’s last Championship team when I was in the second grade, you haven’t won anything yet.

I’m not an MC hater but I’ve seen plenty of MC guys dismissive of what Rice is doing, mostly over personal spite or vendettas with our coach over Beverly recruiting. MC wouldn’t have scored a point on this Rice defense, BUT we’ll never know because you guys were relegated/dropped to a lower division and then also were knocked out of a lesser class state playoffs by a 1 man team.

Last edited:
I’m not an MC hater but I’ve seen plenty of MC guys dismissive of what Rice is doing, mostly over personal spite or vendettas with our coach over Beverly recruiting. MC wouldn’t have scored a point on this Rice defense, BUT we’ll never know because you guys were relegated/dropped to a lower division and then also were knocked out of a lesser class state playoffs.
A lesser division? 7A? You guys were two students from being in 7A and if you were I’m guessing you wouldn’t be considering it a lesser class. We lost a tough double OT game, in the semi finals and MY SON played on this MC team so sorry if I’m taking your MC bashing very well two days after the fact. You’re no better then the MC fans you say are dismissive of BR. Good luck this weekend.

Last edited:
I’m not an MC hater but I’ve seen plenty of MC guys dismissive of what Rice is doing, mostly over personal spite or vendettas with our coach over Beverly recruiting. MC wouldn’t have scored a point on this Rice defense, BUT we’ll never know because you guys were relegated/dropped to a lower division and then also were knocked out of a lesser class state playoffs by a 1 man team.

Gotta love the guys that come on here all full of piss and vinegar with the "No way your team could have ever even thought of beating our team this year." claims when they didn't get to actually play one another and both teams involved had a great season and a deep playoff run this year. SMH. I guess LA beating LWE hasn't taught many folks a lesson.

You know you can be proud of your own team without taking low blows at MC and SCN about a game you didn't watch 1 second of? SCN vs MC was a great football game with 2 great teams where the kids left it all on the field. 7A lesser class? 2 students away.. give me a break. Go support your own team.

I’d love to be in the lesser class. I’m just waiting for the divider to demultiply us into 7A. Or in the alternative - send a couple hundred kids to NV and MV and we slide into 7A without any artificial help! Bring on: East Rockford, Harlem, Tinley Park, Hersey, Granite City, Glenbrook North, Lincoln Park, Glenbard East, Mt Prospect and Hoffman Estates! I will take my chances with those matchups in round 1 and 2 before running into the 7A powers - ESL, Naz, MC, Batavia etc in the quarters and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT