ADVERTISEMENT

SCN BEATS MC- 27-21 (2OT)

I’d love to be in the lesser class. I’m just waiting for the divider to demultiply us into 7A. Or in the alternative - send a couple hundred kids to NV and MV and we slide into 7A without any artificial help! Bring on: East Rockford, Harlem, Tinley Park, Hersey, Granite City, Glenbrook North, Lincoln Park, Glenbard East, Mt Prospect and Hoffman Estates! I will take my chances with those matchups in round 1 and 2 before running into the 7A powers - ESL, Naz, MC, Batavia etc in the quarters and beyond.

I'm already in a lesser class and it has nothing to do with football.

Im old enough to remember when my dad would take me see St Rita Play
Billy Marek and Lick
Loyola came in 2nd last year
Didnt they lose during the season to a lower level team Phillips
And wasn't BR 2-7 just last season aren't we cocky

Reactions: Gene K.
Because we POSSIBLY could have beat you, because ANYTHING can happen especially when two QUALITY teams play each other. I know you’re an MC hater, I’m not disrespecting BR in anyway, show some respect and don’t be one of those cocky fans. My brother was on Rice’s last Championship team when I was in the second grade, you haven’t won anything yet.

Well said McCaravan
Just ask East. It ain’t done until someone rises the trophy. Their is no trophy for 2nd!

Because we POSSIBLY could have beat you, because ANYTHING can happen especially when two QUALITY teams play each other. I know you’re an MC hater, I’m not disrespecting BR in anyway, show some respect and don’t be one of those cocky fans. My brother was on Rice’s last Championship team when I was in the second grade, you haven’t won anything yet.

And MC POSSIBLY could have gone 1-3. You never know.

Reactions: go_rice
How can you say “possibly 4-0” when we are 13-0 and in the 8A championship game? You guys barely squeaked by Loyola by a point & if the game was 8 seconds longer....you lose it. And you just lost in 7A to a team with 3 losses. GTFOH!

Hopefully, this means you finally quit whining about that horrendous 2 mile drive to Marist.

I think provateone is an MC grad with a grudge towards the administration. This attitude is not unique among our alumni, but putting down Carmel over it is pretty poor form in any regard.
I wouldn’t call it a grudge. I completely disagree with the way they handled a situation. To sit here and pretend I have no problem with it would only serve to reinforce the decision that was made.

Before your posse of merry little men start sticking up for you let me address some facts...
Your a cop, appreciate it
Your a vet, very thankful for the service
You dislike Badke for whatever reason
But man you are the worst of them all. (all being MC people)
You think you can say what you want about BR or other schools and there be no backlash since you either start or finish a comment...
I’m not disrespecting
I’m not a hater
And the best is your broken record comment about your brothers going to Rice.
No one cares that your brothers went to rice so stop using it as a crutch to dig on BR.

Your like the old southern women that talk s***
Behind peoples back but say “bless their heart” after so they feel better about themselves.

I wouldn’t call it a grudge. I completely disagree with the way they handled a situation. To sit here and pretend I have no problem with it would only serve to reinforce the decision that was made.
You don't have to bash the current coach and the team to show your disagreement with how things were handled.

This petty behavior benefits no one!

Reactions: krock the house
I see points made by both BR & MC fans. I'm a Montini fan first and a CCL fan who roots for every CCL team not playing Montini. Also like the ESCC teams again not playing Montini. Both MC & BR have had difficulties last year with a poor season and a ousting of a Hall of fame coach. Personal differences aside, I did not see anything that McCaravan posted as having any negative feedback to BR's terrific season. Lets not give others the chance to laugh or chime in a negative way at what is IMO one of the best if not the premier football conference in the State.

Reactions: Bowie50
I don't dislike Rice ... I have a number of friends and a couple relatives who went there. We tease each other, but that's it.

Your guy gorice is way out of it. He needs a dose of downers, badly.

Also, if any Carmel guy has a problem with the coaching situation, get over it. You'll only cause yourself health problems.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
I see points made by both BR & MC fans. I'm a Montini fan first and a CCL fan who roots for every CCL team not playing Montini. Also like the ESCC teams again not playing Montini. Both MC & BR have had difficulties last year with a poor season and a ousting of a Hall of fame coach. Personal differences aside, I did not see anything that McCaravan posted as having any negative feedback to BR's terrific season. Lets not give others the chance to laugh or chime in a negative way at what is IMO one of the best if not the premier football conference in the State.
I always appreciate and respect your insight so thank you. McCaravan is consistent with talking out of both sides of his mouth and unfortunately there are a number of people on this sight that continue to back him up.
Gorice is a 100% dead on when it comes to the neigborhood recruiting comment.
MC had the pick of the litter for years with Frank throwing the state ring across kitchen tables and Donors picking up the tuition tabs.
Mitch never recruited, Nye never had it in him personality wise so Rice was a doormat and MC was use to that.
Not anymore and McCaravan can’t deal with it

I don't dislike Rice ... I have a number of friends and a couple relatives who went there. We tease each other, but that's it.

Your guy gorice is way out of it. He needs a dose of downers, badly.

Also, if any Carmel guy has a problem with the coaching situation, get over it. You'll only cause yourself health problems.
How in your opinion is go rice way out of it?

I always appreciate and respect your insight so thank you. McCaravan is consistent with talking out of both sides of his mouth and unfortunately there are a number of people on this sight that continue to back him up.
Gorice is a 100% dead on when it comes to the neigborhood recruiting comment.
MC had the pick of the litter for years with Frank throwing the state ring across kitchen tables and Donors picking up the tuition tabs.
Mitch never recruited, Nye never had it in him personality wise so Rice was a doormat and MC was use to that.
Not anymore and McCaravan can’t deal with it
Krock....when have I ever ripped on Rice?? Go back and find out when I’ve ripped on Rice.....people defend me because they know I don’t rip on schools, I try to show respect. You know what your beef is with me and it’s getting really old. I saw your post a few hours ago while I was sitting at home enjoying my day off, and then my phone blew up. I lost a brother in blue today....this isn’t me using that as a crutch, I’m saying this on my own two feet, it all of sudden brought things into perspective. This is just high school football game and your just a nameless, faceless person who likes to talk tough behind a keyboard and not worth my attention. Say a prayer for the Officers family everyone.

Prayers were and continue be said.
Trust I’m a nice nameless, faceless person and anytime you want I will grab a beer or 10 on me and we can hash out.
Open invite.

That’s the spirit Krock. Good luck to Rice this weekend. I’m not a fan of either team but definitely think this will be a really good game to watch for football fans.

Krock....when have I ever ripped on Rice?? Go back and find out when I’ve ripped on Rice.....people defend me because they know I don’t rip on schools, I try to show respect. You know what your beef is with me and it’s getting really old. I saw your post a few hours ago while I was sitting at home enjoying my day off, and then my phone blew up. I lost a brother in blue today....this isn’t me using that as a crutch, I’m saying this on my own two feet, it all of sudden brought things into perspective. This is just high school football game and your just a nameless, faceless person who likes to talk tough behind a keyboard and not worth my attention. Say a prayer for the Officers family everyone.

Prayers are with your fallen brother and his family. Heard about that shit near Mercy today and just feel sad.

Reactions: McCaravan
How in your opinion is go rice way out of it?

His constant complaining last week about Rice being sent to Marist for the game, despite Rice having 3 home games already. It's not like they had to go to Edwardsville. He just kept it up and kept it up.

Prayers be with you. Thanks for your service.

His constant complaining last week about Rice being sent to Marist for the game, despite Rice having 3 home games already. It's not like they had to go to Edwardsville. He just kept it up and kept it up.
It wasn’t constant complaining about a far trip or anything like that. I complained about the BS way the IHSA handles this. Our reward for being 12-0 was to have to go play at our nearest rival’s home field & be given 1100 tickets for it, while they kept 3900. It was utter BS. I know if MC was in the same situation there would be huge tears. But I guess you didn’t even need 1100 as you had approximately 700 fans at your season finale at St Chuck’s. You haven’t had a game with an atmosphere like Saturday in a long time & you guys are having a hard time with the fact that the southside football scene does not revolve around Mt Carmel these days. Your alumni is fractured in a sad Lenti-Lynch split that you guys should have never allowed to happen. It’s ok dear, you are just going to have to share because it’s not all about you anymore. How did you enjoy your CCL Green experience by the way?

Prayers were and continue be said.
Trust I’m a nice nameless, faceless person and anytime you want I will grab a beer or 10 on me and we can hash out.
Open invite.
I appreciate that and maybe some day. Until then if you see me ripping on Rice, making references or saying I can’t deal with MC getting out recruited by Rice, speaking out of my ass that Rice sucks or doesn’t stand a chance, or anything close to what go_rice above said about MC and their season then you can have at with me, and rip away. But outside a jab on your visitors stands you won’t hear too much negativity on your school or your program coming from me. I’m Certainly not “the worst MC fan of them all”.

I will refrain from my mentioning my family ties to BR. Just wanted to know I’m not speaking out of my ass. BR is a very big part of my family. If I do have a knee jerk reaction and answer a BR related question, please do not tell me to “speak when spoken too” ask “was I absent the day they taught that at MC” or refer to me as a “Rich spoiled Bev Rat” and we’ll get along fine.

It wasn’t constant complaining about a far trip or anything like that. I complained about the BS way the IHSA handles this. Our reward for being 12-0 was to have to go play at our nearest rival’s home field & be given 1100 tickets for it, while they kept 3900. It was utter BS. I know if MC was in the same situation there would be huge tears. But I guess you didn’t even need 1100 as you had approximately 700 fans at your season finale at St Chuck’s. You haven’t had a game with an atmosphere like Saturday in a long time & you guys are having a hard time with the fact that the southside football scene does not revolve around Mt Carmel these days. Your alumni is fractured in a sad Lenti-Lynch split that you guys should have never allowed to happen. It’s ok dear, you are just going to have to share because it’s not all about you anymore. How did you enjoy your CCL Green experience by the way?
LA was in that situation in ‘13. ‘15 and ‘16

You get use to it. ;) See you Saturday. Great day to be a Rambler!!

Our Juniors are 26-5 in their MC careers, our Sophomores are 16-0 and our Freshman were 7-2 so we’re doing OK. Let the anger go, it’s not worth it, especially on a day like today. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck Saturday.

Our Juniors are 26-5 in their MC careers, our Sophomores are 16-0 and our Freshman were 7-2 so we’re doing OK. Let the anger go, it’s not worth it, especially on a day like today. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck Saturday.
Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving to you too. There is so much more important stuff going on to argue about this stuff. RIP PO Jimenez. And Go Crusaders!

Condolences brother from the Sheriffs Office... I stopped by the honor guard. Many blessings to you and your family during the holidays.

The SC and conditioning at MC is ran like a college program and is one of the best around. What injuries can be contributed to the strength program?
Thanks for the insight. Sounds like we are in good hands; I made an unfair assumption based on my observation during the LZ game.

I appreciate that and maybe some day. Until then if you see me ripping on Rice, making references or saying I can’t deal with MC getting out recruited by Rice, speaking out of my ass that Rice sucks or doesn’t stand a chance, or anything close to what go_rice above said about MC and their season then you can have at with me, and rip away. But outside a jab on your visitors stands you won’t hear too much negativity on your school or your program coming from me. I’m Certainly not “the worst MC fan of them all”.

I will refrain from my mentioning my family ties to BR. Just wanted to know I’m not speaking out of my ass. BR is a very big part of my family. If I do have a knee jerk reaction and answer a BR related question, please do not tell me to “speak when spoken too” ask “was I absent the day they taught that at MC” or refer to me as a “Rich spoiled Bev Rat” and we’ll get along fine.[/QUOTE

Fair enough
Happy Thanksgiving.

There we go! Let the healing begin!

In all seriousness, thank you for your service McCaravan! You are one of the best guys I know. Hoping for safe days and nights on the streets for you and your Brothers and Sisters in blue while protecting our families.

I’m hearing he is staying but if he chooses to leave that’s his choice.

Hoping he stays. I was and will continue to be a harsh critic of Frank for opting out of the CCL-B. I still think that's why he was kicked to the curb but that is just speculation on my part.

Jordan is the future. Hope Dave stays and they continue the legacy. With Jordan moving the offense forward and Dave scheming, this could be a formidable squad for years, continuing the quality play at 64th and Dante.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT