ADVERTISEMENT

SCN BEATS MC- 27-21 (2OT)

Nice work SCN. Not bad for the team that finished 3rd in the Dukane. On to the championship game. Too bad Batavia didn’t hold up their end of the deal.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Taking nothing away from Nubin and the outstanding job he did but how does a team like MC let SCN’s best player beat them. I mean Nubin was no secret right? Wouldn’t you have that kid doubled all day by DBs when he’s a receiver and by LBs when he’s in wildcat?

I didn’t see the game so I might be over simplifying.

The curse of beating ESTL huh? Congrats to SCN, Nubin sounds like a JJ (Glenbard North) type of player

Taking nothing away from Nubin and the outstanding job he did but how does a team like MC let SCN’s best player beat them. I mean Nubin was no secret right? Wouldn’t you have that kid doubled all day by DBs when he’s a receiver and by LBs when he’s in wildcat?

For his receiving TD, he made a good play on an underthrown ball. The TDs were all 10 yards or under. MC's weakness was LB line, a bit slow to react to option/ read responsibility

Here was the final play. pretty represenative of the game. MC LBs late on their keys.

Despite Nubin’s great game, MC had chances to put them away, but couldn’t punch it in with 3 solid attempts inside the 5 with a minute or so left in regulation. Hats off to SCN, they stepped up when it counted most all day. Nonetheless, If you can’t game plan for 1 guy then you don’t deserve to win.

Reactions: StopFakeNews
Despite Nubin’s great game, MC had chances to put them away, but couldn’t punch it in with 3 solid attempts inside the 5 with a minute or so left in regulation. Hats off to SCN, they stepped up when it counted most all day. Nonetheless, If you can’t game plan for 1 guy then you don’t deserve to win.

Serious question. Had MC seen the wildcat before all year? Their LBs looked like werent clear on their reads everytime SCN went there.

That’s what happens when you put a 27 year old with no experience in charge.
This is an asinine comment.

First off, Dave Lenti runs the defense and he's one of the best in the business.

Second, regulation ended at 14-14, with one of SCN's TD's coming off a gift of field position from a botched MC punt return. SCN played outstanding, no doubt about it, but MC was effective in holding Nubin and team to 14 points in regulation. It's hard to expect a defense to do a better job than this.

Third, MC would not have been in the semis this year if Jordan Lynch wasn't hired. MC made a great offensive drive in the last minutes of the LZ game, and it wouldn't have happened with the veer. MC also wouldn't have put 29 on ESL last week.

Fourth, the MC boys had a fire about them this year that Lynch brought to the team. These boys were pumped to be playing for someone like Lynch.

MC football needed a change, and Lynch was an outstanding choice to lead this team! Lynch eats, sleeps, breathes, and exudes MC football!

Oh Please I bet none of you folks were complaining about the offense, defense or special teams this time last week or any week leading up to this game
They were 11-1
Jordan has been 27 for quite a while unless he had a birthday recently
It was a good high school football game

Oh Please I bet none of you folks were complaining about the offense, defense or special teams this time last week or any week leading up to this game
They were 11-1
Jordan has been 27 for quite a while unless he had a birthday recently
It was a good high school football game
There are unfortunately a small handful of MC "fans" that would like to see Lynch fail because they can't get over the previous coach being replaced. It's sad to see this behavior from grown men.

Serious question. Had MC seen the wildcat before all year? Their LBs looked like werent clear on their reads everytime SCN went there.
Yes! They had the same set, but it becomes a wildcat when you put a stud back there touching the ball on every snap... obviously, they became one demensional with Nubin taking snaps- everyone in the stadium knew he was running. However, MC’s defensive line play was questionable today. Usually, they do a great with gap control, allowing our linebackers to roam freely to make tackles, but SCN offensive line did a great job chip blocking- open a hole then engage our linebackers. He wasn’t that effective as a wideout, MC played lots of man underneath, and zone over the top of Nubin, but one mental lapse led to his TD catch. Our safeties have played solid all year, so I’m not going to question their mistakes on that particular play. Just a tough way to lose when you had so many chances.

First off, Dave Lenti runs the defense and he's one of the best in the business.

Second, regulation ended at 14-14, with one of SCN's TD's coming off a gift of field position from a botched MC punt return. SCN played outstanding, no doubt about it, but MC was effective in holding Nubin and team to 14 points in regulation. It's hard to expect a defense to do a better job than this.

Third, MC would not have been in the semis this year if Jordan Lynch wasn't hired. MC made a great offensive drive in the last minutes of the LZ game, and it wouldn't have happened with the veer. MC also wouldn't have put 29 on ESL last week.

Fourth, the MC boys had a fire about them this year that Lynch brought to the team. These boys were pumped to be playing for someone like Lynch.

MC football needed a change, and Lynch was an outstanding choice to lead this team! Lynch eats, sleeps, breathes, and exudes MC football!

Agree with some of the earlier comments. Everyone on the planet knew that Minnesota recruit was getting the ball. The MC coaches did not plan well to take him out of the game.

Yes! They had the same set, but it becomes a wildcat when you put a stud back there touching the ball on every snap... obviously, they became one demensional with Nubin taking snaps- everyone in the stadium knew he was running. However, MC’s defensive line play was questionable today. Usually, they do a great with gap control, allowing our linebackers to roam freely to make tackles, but SCN offensive line did a great job chip blocking- open a hole then engage our linebackers. He wasn’t that effective as a wideout, MC played lots of man underneath, and zone over the top of Nubin, but one mental lapse led to his TD catch. Our safeties have played solid all year, so I’m not going to question their mistakes on that particular play. Just a tough way to lose when you had so many chances.

Good perspective. The biggest coaching issue I saw with MC was around offensive playcalling. On the first drive, they pretty much walked the ball down the field with between the tackles power running. Once they ran more empty and 1 back sets and became more one dimensional, they negated their size edge and let SCN's speed on the edge take over

Reactions: sivada2001
Good perspective. The biggest coaching issue I saw with MC was around offensive playcalling. On the first drive, they pretty much walked the ball down the field with between the tackles power running. Once they ran more empty and 1 back sets and became more one dimensional, they negated their size edge and let SCN's speed on the edge take over
Definitely should have gotten the ball in 27s hands more. He was killing SCN .especially running the seam from the slot

I wish they had less fire and more points.

They haven’t seen the wildcat all season, at least ran as well as they ran it with Nubin. Hats off to him.

Big loss for MC was Conjar going down in the first quarter. He had close to 20 touchdowns for MC this season. He ran our goal line Wildcat. He was sorely missed.

After watching the game It appeared that MC was not as athletic as I had expected. Their line was big, but seemed to wear down and had trouble in the second half against a quicker SCN D LIne. The SCN LB . Ben Furtney #8 played out of his mind. His play on D gave Nubin his chances on offense. Biggest question was going shot gun from the one when you have that huge O line. Why not get under center and push it in. Fumbled snap, missed FG, OT.

Reactions: sivada2001
After watching the game It appeared that MC was not as athletic as I had expected. Their line was big, but seemed to wear down and had trouble in the second half against a quicker SCN D LIne. The SCN LB . Ben Furtney #8 played out of his mind. His play on D gave Nubin his chances on offense. Biggest question was going shot gun from the one when you have that huge O line. Why not get under center and push it in. Fumbled snap, missed FG, OT.
I agree in the LZ game MC kept screwing around with that spread when they could of just rammed it down the defense's throat. They almost lost the game b/c of that. No disrespect to new coach, but I know what the old man would have done . . .

Thank you for YOUR opinion.

Great point,why do all of these young coaches think they are so brilliant.

I agree in the LZ game MC kept screwing around with that spread when they could of just rammed it down the defense's throat. They almost lost the game b/c of that. No disrespect to new coach, but I know what the old man would have done . . .
It was the spread offense that marched MC down LZ's field on the last drive of the game to win. LZ had been very effective in stopping MC's run that day, and it was several key pass plays at the end that finally broke LZ's defense.

Thank you for YOUR opinion.
No opinion needed.

Fact: Lynch led this team to more wins and the same depth in the playoffs as his 34 year experienced predecessor did in the prior season, regardless of multiple key injuries in the playoffs. Beating the team (LZ) that last year's MC team couldn't beat, and more handily beating ESL than the prior year.

Opinion: when Jordan has kids coming up that have been using his offensive scheme from freshman year up, MC is going to be great! Jordan this year proved no one person was bigger than MC football, no matter their tenure!

It was the spread offense that marched MC down LZ's field on the last drive of the game to win. LZ had been very effective in stopping MC's run that day, and it was several key pass plays at the end that finally broke LZ's defense.

No opinion needed.

Fact: Lynch led this team to more wins and the same depth in the playoffs as his 34 year experienced predecessor did in the prior season, regardless of multiple key injuries in the playoffs. Beating the team (LZ) that last year's MC team couldn't beat, and more handily beating ESL than the prior year.

Opinion: when Jordan has kids coming up that have been using his offensive scheme from freshman year up, MC is going to be great! Jordan this year proved no one person was bigger than MC football, no matter their tenure!

They haven’t seen the wildcat all season, at least ran as well as they ran it with Nubin. Hats off to him.

Big loss for MC was Conjar going down in the first quarter. He had close to 20 touchdowns for MC this season. He ran our goal line Wildcat. He was sorely missed.
Good point! I think he broke his ankle,

No opinion needed.

I agree! They will get #13, the sophomore class hasn’t lost a game in two years. I trust that Lynch will focus on strength and conditioning this off season. Far too many injuries to not question this important piece of preparation...

Reactions: StopFakeNews
Are you related to j lynch

No, just a passionate fan that finds it sad that there a small handful of MC "fans" that have been waiting all year for MC to fail so they could say "I told you so" about the coaching situation.

The fact is Jordan had an outstanding rookie season, and trying to call it anything less is flat out wrong and frankly pathetic. It's even more pathetic to to want to see those boys lose after the hard work they put in, just so your feelings about a coach can be vindicated. The opposite happened this year, and like I said, Jordan proved no one person is bigger than MC football!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT