ADVERTISEMENT

Sandburg question.

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
I give more power to the mid to late season results when picking the King Challenge. I just can’t figure out the week one and two losses to Prospect and GBS? I realize they are both playoff teams. I have a lot of respect for the SWS blue and very impressed by what they did later in the season. What did they do to turn things around? How do you like their chances against HC?

They beat Hinsdale!
You’re a Lyons fan. I expect nothing less from you, but please - offer some objective reasoning to your statement. Have you watched their games, or are you simply backing whoever is playing against HC?

I completely understand HC’s historical record in the playoffs, but to be fair - there is 1 player on the current HC team who has playoff experience. He was a Sophomore in 2019 vs Bolingbrook. This is a different team that has faced, I believe, tough competition throughout this year, and the spring season. Do this year’s York and GW equate to LWE and Lockport? I don’t know - but they all have similar records. HC beat both York and GW, Sandburg beat LWE and lost big to Lockport.

I’m expecting a great game, and HC to find a win.

Last edited:
Can't really say what's going on with this Sandburg team. When we played them they put up a fight, but that's not all that unusual as our scores vs Sandburg tend to be all over the place. I feel this year the 24-6 (2 FGs) score was closer than the game as we left some points on the field, but it wasnt anything like the '17 & '18 52-7 & 54-0 thrashings.

The only HC game I saw was week 9 against GBW. I don't know what to make of GBW or the Silver this year. I don't know what to make of the SWSB either. With Proviso E vs Bradley being the only game between the WSC and SWSC I wouldn't even begin to extrapolate information from that matchup.

From simply looking at the teams I am predicting a close low scoring game. No idea on who I favor to win. I am strongly considering this as my Saturday afternoon game, but havent decided yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT