ADVERTISEMENT

RockSoup, Wittymoniker1, et al, what should we expect to see?

penlight

May 29, 2001
Joliet
What have your Mustangs done well in weeks 1 & 2 and what needs improvement?
The Hilltoppers big young OL needs to sustain their blocks better, some RBs seem to be dancing too much and coverage on D can be improved.

I expect a GOTW type atmosphere and effort from both teams, a one score outcome as high as 35-31 or as low as 13-10. Both teams match up well with each other.

Hard to gauge St. Rita right now. Controlled week 2 going into halftime and with JCA and MC on the horizon, the second half was a bit out of sync whether they played out the clock or exposed some gaps in their ability and execution remains to be seen.

After 2 weeks, the Mustangs are talented but not dominant. Defensively, looking for the tackling to improve. Offensively, looking to seamlessly be efficient in the pass game as the power run game. The ingredients are there, the chefs are fine but this part of the schedule will show if they are cooking a filet mignon or an upside-down cake.

I expect a GOTW type atmosphere and effort from both teams, a one score outcome as high as 35-31 or as low as 13-10. Both teams match up well with each other.

Hard to gauge St. Rita right now. Controlled week 2 going into halftime and with JCA and MC on the horizon, the second half was a bit out of sync whether they played out the clock or exposed some gaps in their ability and execution remains to be seen.

After 2 weeks, the Mustangs are talented but not dominant. Defensively, looking for the tackling to improve. Offensively, looking to seamlessly be efficient in the pass game as the power run game. The ingredients are there, the chefs are fine but this part of the schedule will show if they are cooking a filet mignon or an upside-down cake.
Thank you

From my very amateurish POV the last two weeks, I'd say Rita's passing game needs to improve. I thought Kenwood's D-line did a nice job disrupting Jet; he seemed off balance. There were some dropped passes.

Rita missed two extra points, but then kicked two FGs. Two of KW's scores were on very short fields, because Rita's punts were short as well. Then again, there were some nice punts. AS RS typed, the talent is there, but just need to execute more efficiently.

Cut the penalties in half. There were a couple of personal fouls as well.

From my very amateurish POV the last two weeks, I'd say Rita's passing game needs to improve. I thought Kenwood's D-line did a nice job disrupting Jet; he seemed off balance. There were some dropped passes.

Rita missed two extra points, but then kicked two FGs. Two of KW's scores were on very short fields, because Rita's punts were short as well. Then again, there were some nice punts. AS RS typed, the talent is there, but just need to execute more efficiently.

Cut the penalties in half. There were a couple of personal fouls as well.
I'll put the delay of game penalties on the coaches too. I think they underestimated Kenwood' speed. Coaches and players have to up their game for JCA on the road. Should be a very good game Friday!

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT