ADVERTISEMENT

Rochester Rockets oppose new IHSA football rules

All.... The Ihsa can't reconsider the proposal at this stage. That is not how it works. It will not pass anyway in my opinion. Ratsy

Reactions: net-se
I don't understand why the ihsa would again put this forward without some official draft or outline of the districts.
If they did it would never pass. The wokesters who proposed this wanted no one to see the districts before hand. They wanted no turn around time for a motion to reconsider to be proposed and passed. Maybe down the road District Football will be necessary for the betterment of football in the majority state not for the advantage of less than 20% of the state.

If they did it would never pass. The wokesters who proposed this wanted no one to see the districts before hand. They wanted no turn around time for a motion to reconsider to be proposed and passed. Maybe down the road District Football will be necessary for the betterment of football in the majority state not for the advantage of less than 20% of the state.
The wokesters? I'm not familiar with them. Do they play in the ccl?

The wokesters? I'm not familiar with them. Do they play in the ccl?
Nope those are people who want guaranteed out comes not guaranteed opportunities. See the Chicago newspapers where they want to do away with selective enrollment high schools in Chicago.

It cost money to go to a CCL/ESCC schools. Wokesters want every thing for free, work from home, wipe out my student debt, spend $10+ for a coup of coffee, drive electric cars they can't afford. They mostly had helicopter parents. IMHO

Nope those are people who want guaranteed out comes not guaranteed opportunities. See the Chicago newspapers where they want to do away with selective enrollment high schools in Chicago.

It cost money to go to a CCL/ESCC schools. Wokesters want every thing for free, work from home, wipe out my student debt, spend $10+ for a coup of coffee, drive electric cars they can't afford. They mostly had helicopter parents. IMHO
Hey I'm not religious but I'll give you an amen to your post.

My parents are baby boomers who want guaranteed outcomes, but none of the rest applies to them. As a matter of fact, they rail against those things. Sounds like you are trying to make a political statement (which using terms like woke originated) based on generalized statements. Few things in life are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
Wokesters? What a ridiculous expression.

The word "woke" is thrown around casually and an acceptable definition has yet to be determined.

Is there something sinister about caring for other people? How and why?
Maybe I'm misreading it but I think he means in the context of thread on districts people want guaranteed wins or easy paths to the playoffs. ""people who want guaranteed out comes ""

Reactions: Gene K.

And here I was going to start a fund raising drive for a heliport at St. Rita for those 29-1/2 mile kids......

Are they direct, or do they have to change copters at Midway?
Actually the school called me off of this project. It looks like most of the kids who tested live in within the SW quadrant of the six mile ring the school was targeting. But since I showed an interest in fund raising they asked me to help with the reformed aviation club. The school actually built three airplanes in the past. One is in the EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh WI. After it was built 7k sets of plans were sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC63

old.jpg

To be fair, it was "blessed" by IHSA rules committee. While schools need to sponsor all new chance, to completely say the iHSA isn't involved is not fully accurate either
True, but the notion that the IHSA board is the driving force behind this is simply not accurate

True, but the notion that the IHSA board is the driving force behind this is simply not accurate
It would be also fair to say that the IHSA boarde supports it. If they did not, then they would not have allowed the proposal to go to a formal vote from ALL of its members.

That of course includes members like Rockford (KIKIFER'S Entrepreneurial Academy) which has an enrollment of one student and of course, does not play football. Their vote counts as much as Oak Park-River Forest, one of the oldest programs in the state with an enrollment of 3,346.

the, go look at the geographically-challenged 4A basketball. You have Proviso West, Lyons and Oak Park, all from the West Suburban Silver in 3 different sectionals.

No wonder there is no District examples in the proposal.

• Haha
Reactions: SmallSchoolFballFan
Have to agree. This will be a lot of work with so many unanswered questions. I'm sure there was a lot of eye rolling in Bloomington when the was proposed.

It would be also fair to say that the IHSA boarde supports it. If they did not, then they would not have allowed the proposal to go to a formal vote from ALL of its members.

That of course includes members like Rockford (KIKIFER'S Entrepreneurial Academy) which has an enrollment of one student and of course, does not play football. Their vote counts as much as Oak Park-River Forest, one of the oldest programs in the state with an enrollment of 3,346.

the, go look at the geographically-challenged 4A basketball. You have Proviso West, Lyons and Oak Park, all from the West Suburban Silver in 3 different sectionals.

No wonder there is no District examples in the proposal.

You're not kidding about the basketball sectionals, I just looked at them today for the first time... Highland Park, Stevenson and Libertyville in three different Sectionals. Who did these? I've never seen them so strange.

Reactions: Panthers1211
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT