ADVERTISEMENT

Rita and Rice - what's going on?

Gotcha, figured head coach would have input on play calls. My bad.
I’m sure he does but it’s clear that he’s around the defense while they’re on the sideline. Which after last year, I’m more than fine with.

Same offensive coordinator as the last few seasons. They ran on 4th and 1 and passed on 4th and 3. Disappointed they didn’t convert either but they didn’t exactly control the LOS all night.

Reactions: Gene K.
Sounded like sloppy effort, Some rice people acted like new coach would make all the issues go away; hopefully cleaner play ahead

I saw the first half on NFHS, for a rebuilding year I thought BR looked pretty good. They took some big hits and their run game didn't go anywhere, but I thought Hartz looked decent, and their defense stopped SR from the 1 yard line 4 times with 2 great RBs and I heard they held them to a FG in the same situation in the second half. They were in the game with a chance to win it in the end against a good team on the road....not bad!

Congrats to Rita and Thank you for honoring First Responders tonight, especially Officer Golden and Yanez!!! First Class as always!

Sounded like sloppy effort, Some rice people acted like new coach would make all the issues go away; hopefully cleaner play ahead
Brother Rice hire looks good to me. They brought back two starters so of course they will look a little sloopy. The Juniors missed a year as well with COVID. If their fans aren't happy with what they have seen they will never be happy. Coach Q goes undefeated and wins state last year.

Great job by Rita last night. Love the CCL honoring first responders. Have both their games, not really sure what to make of them. Probably go 6-3. Rice will go 5-4. Rice is going to win a lot of football games moving forward.

Brother Rice hire looks good to me. They brought back two starters so of course they will look a little sloopy. The Juniors missed a year as well with COVID. If their fans aren't happy with what they have seen they will never be happy. Coach Q goes undefeated and wins state last year.

Great job by Rita last night. Love the CCL honoring first responders. Have both their games, not really sure what to make of them. Probably go 6-3. Rice will go 5-4. Rice is going to win a lot of football games moving forward.

If Badke was still coach, the tone would be much different on here about the effort. Rice went out and hired wild card coach. Should be held to very high standard IMO. 4-5 and missing playoffs would be unacceptable first season.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and feeto
If Badke was still coach, the tone would be much different on here about the effort. Rice went out and hired wild card coach. Should be held to very high standard IMO. 4-5 and missing playoffs would be unacceptable first season.
I see no reason to question effort. They are inexperienced. Give the guy time. How many years did it take Badke to win a playoff game. He's new and has a brutal road to 5 wins.

Aside from favorite LA, is the other loss to Naz when you say "6-3." That is the conventional wisdom, but is Lemont and the Kay that good? Or is Naz underperforming a little?

He is the head coach. You are not going for for it on 4th down without his approval. That goes for any school.
Sir. Going for it on 4th down wasn’t the debate. It was the play-calling on those 4th downs that my brother @go_rice called into question. There was no doubt about going for it on both possessions.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I see no reason to question effort. They are inexperienced. Give the guy time. How many years did it take Badke to win a playoff game. He's new and has a brutal road to 5 wins.
Brutal road to 5? He has 4 auto wins, can’t win any tough games that’s just a bad first season, Badke beat st Rita twice in first year and gave Carmel, who won state, a tough playoff game.

Brutal road to 5? He has 4 auto wins, can’t win any tough games that’s just a bad first season, Badke beat st Rita twice in first year and gave Carmel, who won state, a tough playoff game.
They just lost to a team on the road by 5 points that had 15 returning starters (3 of which returned after missing MC game) from the 7A title game.

Yes, there’s disappointment they didn’t pull out the victory. Yes, there’s probably a decision or two they’d like to have back. But they’ll be fine and will get better every week.

That SR team you speak of that Coach Badke defeated in year one finished 4-5 and the other win was in the Prep Bowl.

Since you’re making the comparison for week 2 of a first year head coach:

Marist ran BR off the field in 2012 and could have put up 70 if they wanted. BR went on to lose 56-7 to MC, 45-0 to Loyola and by 21 to Prov.

They just lost to a team on the road by 5 points that had 15 returning starters (3 of which returned after missing MC game) from the 7A title game.

Yes, there’s disappointment they didn’t pull out the victory. Yes, there’s probably a decision or two they’d like to have back. But they’ll be fine and will get better every week.

That SR team you speak of that Coach Badke defeated in year one finished 4-5 and the other win was in the Prep Bowl.

Marist ran BR off the field in 2012 and could have put up 70 if they wanted. BR went on to lose 56-7 to MC, 45-0 to Loyola and by 21 to Prov.
Don’t worry, coach Q will be lucky to score a td against Carmel or Loyola

I know Rita has returning starters, but I can't figure them out, yet.

My heart tells me that SR is a very good team that needs to get the Jr. QB going (and I think he will improve week-to-week). If that's the case, then BR has a solid chance to get to 5-4. Marist and/or JCA?

How good is JCA this year?

BR has some very good WRs and a QB with a good arm. Defense stopped Rita twice on the goal line.

I know Rita has returning starters, but I can't figure them out, yet.

My heart tells me that SR is a very good team that needs to get the Jr. QB going (and I think he will improve week-to-week). If that's the case, then BR has a solid chance to get to 5-4. Marist and/or JCA?

How good is JCA this year?

BR has some very good WRs and a QB with a good arm. Defense stopped Rita twice on the goal line.
SR did a very good job of getting Middleton and Lee the ball where they could catch and run (out of backfield/in the flat/wheel route) but to your point, yes, they will have to throw and complete passes downfield as the season progresses. But bread and butter will be Stewart behind the big O line and being creative to get Middleton the ball.

Defensively, I don’t think too many teams will have success running the ball against their front 7. Their secondary gave up some plays but as @RockSoup pointed out earlier - they were able to keep them in front of them.

That kicker will obviously play a factor in tight games, too. I was thinking even if BR managed to score late 4Q there would have been enough time to get someone with his leg into range.

I don’t see Mustang finishing any worse than 6-3 and that’s if Naz improves or Niles ND is as good as they’ve been through week 2.

Benet, Pat’s and Provi won’t be walkovers but SR would have to have off nights to drop one of those.

7-2 likely…and then it’s wherever the chips fall with the 7A draw.

re: JCA - they are 2-0. Sounds good to me!

SR did a very good job of getting Middleton and Lee the ball where they could catch and run (out of backfield/in the flat/wheel route) but to your point, yes, they will have to throw and complete passes downfield as the season progresses. But bread and butter will be Stewart behind the big O line and being creative to get Middleton the ball.

Defensively, I don’t think too many teams will have success running the ball against their front 7. Their secondary gave up some plays but as @RockSoup pointed out earlier - they were able to keep them in front of them.

That kicker will obviously play a factor in tight games, too. I was thinking even if BR managed to score late 4Q there would have been enough time to get someone with his leg into range.

I don’t see Mustang finishing any worse than 6-3 and that’s if Naz improves or Niles ND is as good as they’ve been through week 2.

Benet, Pat’s and Provi won’t be walkovers but SR would have to have off nights to drop one of those.

Great insight! If Nazareth is down a little, then SR definitely has a legit shot against them in La Grange Park.

If the running game improves for Rita, then more play-action for the Junior QB downfield will open up.

If BR can establish a running game, then 5-4 is a possibility and may even 6-3. I don't know how JCA would measure up against BR.

3ow, Are you me? Am I you? I can’t add anything. Good read on the situation

Great insight! If Nazareth is down a little, then SR definitely has a legit shot against them in La Grange Park.

If the running game improves for Rita, then more play-action for the Junior QB downfield will open up.

If BR can establish a running game, then 5-4 is a possibility and may even 6-3. I don't know how JCA would measure up against BR.
Haha rice isn’t beating jca and Marist, keep dreaming

Haha rice isn’t beating jca and Marist, keep dreaming
I said it's a possibility. I don't know enough about JCA this year. Maybe you can elaborate for either Marist or JCA. Why doesn't BR have a chance at all in your opinion?

"keep dreaming." What the hell is that? Who's dreaming? Put a damn period at the end of your very insightful response.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and dweise
I said it's a possibility. I don't know enough about JCA this year. Maybe you can elaborate for either Marist or JCA. Why doesn't BR have a chance at all in your opinion?

"keep dreaming." What the hell is that? Who's dreaming? Put a damn period at the end of your very insightful response.
Rice people that think this guy is the answer. Period

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT