ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond-Burton/Morris

NeverDieEasy

Jul 27, 2018
I've been looking forward to this game since the schedules came out. Both teams will enter with unscathed records at 5-0. The game is at RB on Friday night 7pm, Morris will have a 2 hours bus ride. They will also have to battle distraction of Cornfest the large Morris town festival that begins Wednesday and goes through Sunday. I don't believe RB has lost a regular season contest since fifth week of the 2018 season when they lost 13-14 at home against Marengo. Hoping the game lives up to the billing. I'm taking Morris 42-39.

I wish this one was at Morris so I could make it but RB streams all games on YouTube so I'll be watching. Having seen both, it could go either way. Not surprised in whoever the winner is but I'll say RB 35-34.

Reactions: rocketnation
I have liked this match up since I saw the schedule day one. I have not seen either team in person only a few series online morris/kaneland and LP and RB/normal. For those in the know and what’s the rundown on each team strength/weaknesses for this test

No matter who wins this game should be a good one

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
I wish this one was at Morris so I could make it but RB streams all games on YouTube so I'll be watching. Having seen both, it could go either way. Not surprised in whoever the winner is but I'll say RB 35-34.
If I’m not mistaken, Morris has an outstanding game production crew with matching play-by-play and analyst. Can someone provide details and confirmation

This will be a great game, I will definitely be tuned in the live stream. Morris has a ton of talent and speed and RB is well RB. Morris wins this in a shootout

I’m seeing that Friday night drive has predicted RB to win this game. That’s interesting. I’d love to hear how they came about this prediction. I feel these 2 are so similar it’s be a coin flip. Whoever has it last wins type of game

I’m seeing that Friday night drive has predicted RB to win this game. That’s interesting. I’d love to hear how they came about this prediction. I feel these 2 are so similar it’s be a coin flip. Whoever has it last wins type of
I agree these two are very similar. I think thus far, RB probably has the “best win” in their defeat of Normal West. They are also at home, so I can see why anyone would pick them to win. However, they will have their hands full with this excellent Morris team. Big boys up front and playmakers all over the field. Should be a great high school football game. RB takes it, 34-31

Smaller schools can put out excellent starting squads but sometimes lack bench strength. How do these teams compare depth wise?

It will come to this. I think Morris can score. They need a stop early and somehow get up a score or two. If RB holds the ball for long periods of time, it will be tough. As a Morris parent, I’d much prefer to play them here after that bus ride. Morris 38 RB 28

It will come to this. I think Morris can score. They need a stop early and somehow get up a score or two. If RB holds the ball for long periods of time, it will be tough. As a Morris parent, I’d much prefer to play them here after that bus ride. Morris 38 RB 28
What you don't like bus rides to Antioch, RB Woodstock then Sycamore in the same season lol.....

Reactions: Nit92
Someone posted RB YouTube link in the RB normal thread a couple weeks ago but I don’t k is if it will work for this game

Last edited:
What you don't like bus rides to Antioch, RB Woodstock then Sycamore in the same season lol.....

And to think....back in the day I dreaded the drives to Geneseo,Sterling,Rochelle,Norridge,Riverside-Brookfield,Elmwood Park....

17-0 after a 50 yard run up the middle by RB after two first downs on as many plays to start the second half. Morris is going to have to score on this drive to keep within reach.

Rockets are the real deal. They can 100% win 4a and if they drop to 3a like the latest prediction put them that would be scary.

Rockets are the real deal. They can 100% win 4a and if they drop to 3a like the latest prediction put them that would be scary.
No doubt. Total respect to them. They totally expect to win and make no excuses if they don’t. Really think they may be the favorite in any class they wind up in.

Reactions: rocketnation
3A or 4A, doesn't matter. They will be tough to beat, not just in whichever bracket they happen to end up in, but in the title game. In fact, I think they'd be a factor in 5A given their performance tonight.

3A or 4A, doesn't matter. They will be tough to beat, not just in whichever bracket they happen to end up in, but in the title game. In fact, I think they'd be a factor in 5A given their performance tonight.
All..... Now Malleus. Brown and White (among others) might think different. We will see..... Ratsy

All..... Now Malleus. Brown and White (among others) might think different. We will see..... Ratsy
At least the 3A (or 4A) title game will not be at RB. They play GREAT there. And rat, you know whose run defense I am and have been concerned about for years. Just for us football fans, I'd love to see another RB/JCA playoff game. Could possibly be the best (or at least, most interesting) playoff game in 3A,4A,5A and maybe even 6A, including the title game in these classes.

Watched most of it on Youtube, impressive, impressive win by RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT