ADVERTISEMENT

Rice vs Marist

The logic given last time this question was asked was so opposing teams would not have access to game film which doesn’t make much sense because they already have it. And of course they left up that quarter final victory vs. MC. They couldn’t talk about the season ending loss vs. Wheaton North so beating MC twice in one season became the hi-light of the ‘21 season in crusader land.
What makes you think opponents already have it.

Reactions: RockSoup
What makes you think they don’t? Have you ever looked at a modern day hudl app used by these schools?
Yeah @godfthr53 knows his stuff. Believe it or not, in this day and age, some staffs still play gamesmanship with film transfer or these days access. It’s not many staffs but they’re out there

First of all - - anyone on the Southside knows that Rice has been providng games for free way longer and better quality than any other school around (including playoff games the school paid IHSA to keep it free for fans - including other schools). So what if Marist and Rice and others take down online broadcasts. You can't make it to the game, Rice has been providing for free for years. Sorry they can't accomodate everyone to meet their schedules

The logic given last time this question was asked was so opposing teams would not have access to game film which doesn’t make much sense because they already have it. And of course they left up that quarter final victory vs. MC. They couldn’t talk about the season ending loss vs. Wheaton North so beating MC twice in one season became the hi-light of the ‘21 season in crusader land.
Exactly, there's no hiding what you did. Teams could record the the live feed if it's that much of an advantage.
I could see if a bad injury or bunch of fights, just seems bizarre and I can't imagine there's any proof super secret mode equals more success.
And yes that playoff game be pinned up for eternity.

What makes you think opponents already have it.
I've never heard in the 8 years my kids played football that they didn't have every game their opponents played the current year and previous years.
Maybe you save a day or two of being scouted by pulling it down and that makes a world of difference?

I've never heard in the 8 years my kids played football that they didn't have every game their opponents played the current year and previous years.
Maybe you save a day or two of being scouted by pulling it down and that makes a world of difference?
Well now you have heard. Both are correct. It happens. It is extremely petty.

First of all - - anyone on the Southside knows that Rice has been providng games for free way longer and better quality than any other school around (including playoff games the school paid IHSA to keep it free for fans - including other schools). So what if Marist and Rice and others take down online broadcasts. You can't make it to the game, Rice has been providing for free for years. Sorry they can't accomodate everyone to meet their schedules
What's the point of taking them down?

So rice takes their game down in case a future opponent doesn't give them their film?
Which schools do this?
Don’t know. Out of the game since hand trading film at a meet up spot. Just know enough people still in the game that the access to almighty scout film is still toyed with in some cases. That’s all. I just answered 6410s bemusement that it would still go on in this day and age, and I affirmed godfathers statement that it does.

Don’t know. Out of the game since hand trading film at a meet up spot. Just know enough people still in the game that the access to almighty scout film is still toyed with in some cases. That’s all. I just answered 6410s bemusement that it would still go on in this day and age, and I affirmed godfathers statement that it does.
Interesting, maybe that's been mc and lwe problem, they've been leaving their games up.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Interesting, maybe that's been mc and lwe problem, they've been leaving their games up.
Yeah, I get it. I’ve seen access played with that’s all. I’ve never seen withholding access being the competitive advantage that becomes the difference in a game’s result.

Yeah, I get it. I’ve seen access played with that’s all. I’ve never seen withholding access being the competitive advantage that becomes the difference in a game’s result.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. If that gives some confidence god bless em.

Reactions: RockSoup
Exactly, there's no hiding what you did. Teams could record the the live feed if it's that much of an advantage.
I could see if a bad injury or bunch of fights, just seems bizarre and I can't imagine there's any proof super secret mode equals more success.
And yes that playoff game be pinned up for eternity.
All you have to do is go on a players Twitter account. They will show you all the film you want on them! 😀

All you have to do is go on a players Twitter account. They will show you all the film you want on them! 😀
Don't say that out loud or some schools be banning their players from having Twitter or hudl to protect the secret playbook.

Your panties were in such a bunch you left out second? #100mph

Your panties were in such a bunch you left out second? #100mph
Huh? Remember Rice takes down and no one from Rice gives a care (and if anyone should want to re-see games its Rice fans). Other teams get their film for each game. So what if Marica doesn't

Huh? Remember Rice takes down and no one from Rice gives a care (and if anyone should want to re-see games its Rice fans). Other teams get their film for each game. So what if Marica doesn't
Except the playoff win over mc. Some reason that's OK to keep up and not give away the super secret play.
Sure other hs football fans wouldn't mind games staying up either. Like the talk of the fenwick game, since fenwick kept it up I was able to watch Saturday and see the crazy ending. Lots of talk about york, they keep their games up so nice to be able to see what the chatter is about.
Large scheme of life is a big deal, absolutely not. I saw enough of Rice yesterday live.

Marica - good for you on being able to watch the Fenwick ending. You should file a complaint with Rice's AD (a Pat's guy) about taking that playoff game down (which by the way the kids maintain the Rice YouTube site so heaven forbid if it got left up). You can also ask them how they distribute game film to schools they are playing, how you set up a time and come into Rice and watch a prior game and how much YouTube charges Rice to store/show all the games from the past. Then you can get all your answers straight from the source? Sound good?

Reactions: feeto
Marica - good for you on being able to watch the Fenwick ending. You should file a complaint with Rice's AD (a Pat's guy) about taking that playoff game down (which by the way the kids maintain the Rice YouTube site so heaven forbid if it got left up). You can also ask them how they distribute game film to schools they are playing, how you set up a time and come into Rice and watch a prior game and how much YouTube charges Rice to store/show all the games from the past. Then you can get all your answers straight from the source? Sound good?
You're the one that jumped in to respond to my question. I didn't direct message you so not sure why you're wound up that I asked.
And if you would have said the kids make those decisions in the beginning this would have ended. But you gave some speech about the history of Rice and youtube.

Not sure why this thread went the way it did and I personally don't care how or why teams treat their past games. I don't like any team enough to want to have access to a library of games.

The thing I will say is that teams do not share their game film with other schools like has been talked about here and as such why would you allow a team to watch as much film on you as they can.

I also think there is a storage cost on YouTube for this.

BRTV will be on WGN morning News tomorrow maybe they will address these topics then.

I came into this thread to see if there was some revisionist history on this game as Marist could easily be 0-5 or 0-6 if not for the win over BR.

Reactions: Topiary
Not sure why this thread went the way it did and I personally don't care how or why teams treat their past games. I don't like any team enough to want to have access to a library of games.

The thing I will say is that teams do not share their game film with other schools like has been talked about here and as such why would you allow a team to watch as much film on you as they can.

BRTV will be on WGN morning News tomorrow maybe they will address these topics then.

I came into this thread to see if there was some revisionist history on this game as Marist could easily be 0-5 or 0-6 if not for the win over BR.
Hopefully, they have their chalkboard of plays covered up before wgn gets there.
I asked a simple question.
I watch certian games on Friday night and would like to watch other Friday night games later. No idea why that's so crazy to want to do.
So it's settled some schools take down for cost and not showing future opponents things other schools don't worry bout that. Case closed.

Hopefully, they have their chalkboard of plays covered up before wgn gets there.
I asked a simple question.
I watch certian games on Friday night and would like to watch other Friday night games later. No idea why that's so crazy to want to do.
So it's settled some schools take down for cost and not showing future opponents things other schools don't worry bout that. Case closed.
The “thread going south” nonsense is so old. Some of these people act like they physically drove to a library and checked out a book, got it home only to find the pages had been replaced with an entirely different book. Not very difficult to scroll the screen with your thumb a few more times. It’s completely acceptable when topics evolve from the original thread depending on who’s involved in the change of direction. Get over yourselves for gods sake.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.

I can see your frustration….. Especially since you walked uphill in 2 feet of snow for over an hour to arrive here. It must’ve been infuriating? How did you ever muster up enough courage to respond after such an ordeal only to contribute in your frustration to thread going further south. Thank god BRTV will be on WGN this morning to address the topic. Hopefully Robin will get to the bottom of why BRTV is willing to pay the “storage fee” for only 1 quarterfinal victory Vs. MC.Must see TV!

And for the record….. I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone is complaining about not having access to a library of games. Just viewers who may have missed the stream a day or 2 before. Not exactly the hyperbole you’re suggesting. Carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT