ADVERTISEMENT

Rice vs Marist

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Will either team get the ball in the endzone? 2 really good defesive teams and at the same time 2 very questionable offensive teams. How does everyone see this one going ?

Will come down to turnovers and penalties - more disciplined team wins. Rice has revenge factor going for it

Will either team get the ball in the endzone? 2 really good defesive teams and at the same time 2 very questionable offensive teams. How does everyone see this one going ?
What did you find questionable about BR’s offense vs Maine South?

from the highlights I saw, the offense moved the ball better with Brown under snap..
Agreed.

I don't know how many possesions Rice had in that game, but it was a ton. Their defense shut down MS the entire game. For Rice to only score 1 TD should be a concern to the Crazies.
Same for Marist. Tons of possesions, and only 1 score. Plus their kicker had a rough night.

Their lack of scoring points!!
They had a 14-play drive lasting 8 minutes to start the 2nd half. They ran 2x as many plays (33 to 16) as MS did in the 2nd half - a program known for scoring a lot of points. I’d don’t think they took one shot downfield in the 2nd half. Just wanted to move the chains.

Do you think, perhaps, the strategy was to keep the MS offense off the field and milk the clock?

Also, I’d say the MS defense is pretty good. Every BR yard was earned.

The goal is to win the game. Whether it’s 10-7 or 36-33.

The offense will be fine but the days of BR trying to win with just a high-scoring offense are over. It’s clear there is a different style of play under this coach.

When will Marist turn loose its two sophomore stud WR's, 6'3" and 6'6"? I don't think either one saw a down last week at GBW. No one has seen these kids play unless they went to a freshman game last year. They will be game changers at the season end like Carnell Tate was for Marist years ago.

Last edited:
They had a 14-play drive lasting 8 minutes to start the 2nd half. They ran 2x as many plays (33 to 16) as MS did in the 2nd half - a program known for scoring a lot of points. I’d don’t think they took one shot downfield in the 2nd half. Just wanted to move the chains.

Do you think, perhaps, the strategy was to keep the MS offense off the field and milk the clock?

Also, I’d say the MS defense is pretty good. Every BR yard was earned.

The goal is to win the game. Whether it’s 10-7 or 36-33.

The offense will be fine but the days of BR trying to win with just a high-scoring offense are over. It’s clear there is a different style of play under this coach.
OK..... If you're happy with 1 touchdown per game, enjoy.

Seriously, you're not worried about the lack of offense? You just said they had 33 plays in the second half.....none of them resulted in a TD.

OK..... If you're happy with 1 touchdown per game, enjoy.

Seriously, you're not worried about the lack of offense? You just said they had 33 plays in the second half.....none of them resulted in a TD.
They were mostly running plays between the tackles designed to get 3-4-5 yards and let the clock run. And even with MS stacking the box they were moving the chains. They didn’t take any risks after going up 10-7. I think they called the game based on the situation. Why give the MS offense a short field? Especially after 2 turnovers near midfield in the 1st half.

If MS was scoring more points, I’m sure different plays would have been called. I’m not sure what’s difficult to understand about that.

I’m happy with BR beating MS. And I very much enjoyed BR’s strategy for week one.

Reactions: Topiary and feeto
I don’t understand why he hasn’t just picked between one of them and stuck with it. This back and forth between the two has been going on since he took over. From what I’ve seen Brown is the clearly better athlete. The knock is his throwing and his inability to stay healthy after the hits but if your going to play the kill the clock game and run it and win with D then he should be the man. Neither are going to get in a groove with this back and forth. Hartz had a lot more chances last year it seems but they went 5-4.

When will Marist turn loose its two sophomore stud WR's, 6'3" and 6'6"? I don't think either one saw a down last week at GBW. No one has seen these kids play unless they went to a freshman game last year. They will be game changers at the season end like Carnell Tate was for Marist years ago.
Saying those two will be game changers like Carnell Tate is a stretch , kid will be playing on Sundays

Anyone know why some schools these 2 for sure take the games off YouTube afterwards? Except rice win over mc in the playoffs, that one they've kept up.
This was a fantastic game that marist won and they take it down. Not everyone has the ability to watch live. Seems like such a disservice to the fans and I don't get the angle.
They really think future opponents are gonna get some huge advantage seeing the game on YouTube as opposed to the regular film.

Reactions: TheWizardofWoodlawn
Anyone know why some schools these 2 for sure take the games off YouTube afterwards? Except rice win over mc in the playoffs, that one they've kept up.
This was a fantastic game that marist won and they take it down. Not everyone has the ability to watch live. Seems like such a disservice to the fans and I don't get the angle.
They really think future opponents are gonna get some huge advantage seeing the game on YouTube as opposed to the regular film.
The logic given last time this question was asked was so opposing teams would not have access to game film which doesn’t make much sense because they already have it. And of course they left up that quarter final victory vs. MC. They couldn’t talk about the season ending loss vs. Wheaton North so beating MC twice in one season became the hi-light of the ‘21 season in crusader land.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT