ADVERTISEMENT

Ref question

PowerI66

Oct 11, 2012
In what situation can it be 1st and 10 after illegal participation on the offense?

Can’t think of many - only thing I can think of if it’s a dead ball fall of some sort after a first down. Other than that I’ve got nothing.

It was in the Batavia - LWE game after a big play. I was a bit confused

Big run down the sideline - a member of the offensive team went out of bounds on his own and then came back in to block a player. The refs enforced it 15 yards from where he came back in. After that the yardage was still enough for a first down. Did they get it right?

I
If you were at Batavia last night for the Soph and Varsity game PowerI66 and that is the only call that needed clarification you are way better than most witnesses to a great night of football. The teams rose above the distractions…including the disco light celebration which the refs were perfectly willing to attempt a PAT during the special effects, until questioned after a Bulldog TD.

Big run down the sideline - a member of the offensive team went out of bounds on his own and then came back in to block a player. The refs enforced it 15 yards from where he came back in. After that the yardage was still enough for a first down. Did they get it right?
Ahh! Thanks!

Reactions: RockSoup
I

If you were at Batavia last night for the Soph and Varsity game PowerI66 and that is the only call that needed clarification you are way better than most witnesses to a great night of football. The teams rose above the distractions…including the disco light celebration which the refs were perfectly willing to attempt a PAT during the special effects, until questioned after a Bulldog TD.
That disco thing was ridiculous. If I was the ref, I would have given the Batavia bench an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for that.

Reactions: Wolffan64
That disco thing was ridiculous. If I was the ref, I would have given the Batavia bench an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for that.
Seemed like a small issue to me. You guys need to lighten up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT