ADVERTISEMENT

Ref Question - Iowa Game

tomloner

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2004
Chicago
In Illinois high school football is it possible to get a fumble recovery post whistle?

Can you explain this more?
The QB was hit as his arm was going forward, the ball popped up in the air, and the officials ruled it an incomplete pass. While the ball was on the ground one of the officials also ran up to the ball waving his arms under his waist signaling it was an incomplete pass. The ball rolled to a DB who picked it up. A review was requested and they ruled it a fumble. The announcers thought the arm was going slightly forwards. I always thought once a whistle blows everything stops.

Michigan game *****.

In other news , why would Brown transfer to Iowa

Bingo Iowa has no offense but there defense is great. That's why I'm glad #27 DB Jermari Harris from Montini is there. He is a lock down corner and Iowa got sacks because of it.

Also why did Brown switch to WR? He was a much better RB.

In Illinois high school football is it possible to get a fumble recovery post whistle
No. HS Football - this would essentially either stand as an incomplete pass or you would call an inadvertent whistle and replay the down. I would say most crews would keep this as an incomplete pass.

With replay they have clear recovery in immediate action. That’s what they ruled last night

No. HS Football - this would essentially either stand as an incomplete pass or you would call an inadvertent whistle and replay the down. I would say most crews would keep this as an incomplete pass.

With replay they have clear recovery in immediate action. That’s what they ruled last night
Inadvertent whistle and replay the down is what I have seen the most in Illinois High School football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT