ADVERTISEMENT

Recap: North Central College Wednesday Missouri/WMU/Wyo

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I was at NCC on Wednesday the final camp of three satellite camps for the Naperville based school.

This camp featured the Missouri/Wisconsin/Western Michigan staffs along with multiple FCS level coaches in attendance.

Numbers? Roughly 320-350 kids...easily the biggest of the three dates and you could have easily fit the first two days campers into this camp...and the Wednesday camp still had nearly 100 more kids. The overall talent level was exceptional on Wednesday.

With a camp of this size....I'll readily admit that I was not able to see all 350 plus campers yet God knows I try. I'm sure I'll miss some great performances etc. If you know of how I can watch 350 plus kids at once...please let me know.

The only real issue I saw was having so many kids on hand meant the testing phase went way long and left a very minimal portion left for one on ones and positional work. I spent the one on one portion on the grass fields with the linemen and the LB/TE (I spent the first two days with the skills).
Otherwise kudos to all at NCC for putting on an incredible camp experience.

Who Stood Out? Class of 2018

(kids who I've seen for the first time and/or kids who caught my attention)

WR Alec Pierce Glenbard West- still sort of a mystery why Pierce really hasn't blown up yet. Runs a consistent 40 yard dash in the 4.4-4.5 range...has size length and terrific hops and ball skills. Strange.

WR Max Christiano Minooka- liked his junior video and showed well in speed and agility session. Good speed and decent strength here as well.

WR Deveon Bryant Proviso West- long and tall receiver (6-foot-3, 189 pounds) with an impressive reach (76 inch wingspan) would definitely go back and look at video this fall.

TE Ethan Roesch Downers Grove North- good sized kid (6-foot-4 1/2, 214 pounds) who was decent in positional work. Looked a bit stiff but has a chance to play at say the D2/NAIA level.

QB Justin Kolzow Hinsdale South- been a fan since two seasons ago. Good size (6-foot-2 1/2 192 pounds) kid who can also sling it.

TE Matt Bjorson Hinsdale Central- Matt doesn't have a bigger west coast tight end size (6-foot-2 1/2, 219 pounds) but Bjorson has terrific ball skills and could be a perfect H back type. Always seems to make play after play and also has good speed and hands.

Lb Ryan Marrano Naperville North- played a bit out of position last season because of need...Marrano is no question being under recruited a bit. Great athlete here has speed quickness and quick twitch. Can play S/OLB at the college level.

DL Jake Ditiveaux Hampshire- I've seen Jake a few times already live this off season. Will be more of a DT at the next level good strengthand tools here (6-foot-1, 287 pounds) and is always a battler in one on ones.

DT Dylan Davalos Providence- has dropped 20-30 pounds since last season, has gotten quicker and stronger and his progress was evident here. If half the talent I've seen from Providence this off season shows up to play in 2017? Look out.

OL Nathan Korte Morris- Korte is another kid I've seen multiple times. Has very good strength and hands and is always a tough matchupo in one on ones.

OL Hunter Dauparas Providence- was much better here than the last time I saw him last year. Will play interior OL at the college level ha good strength/punch and moves well. Hung tough in one on ones.

DB Jabari Fitzpatrick Glenbard North- always, and I mean always go hard. Is a bit undersized (5-foot-8 1/2 157 pounds) but has a chance top pDB Diminique Reed Simeonlay at say the D2 level in college. Hard nosed kid who goes all out and who also has strong cover skills.

DB Donminique Reded Simeon- I the same boat from a recruiting perspective as Jabari Fitzpatrick, a bit undersized (5-foot-8 1/2 146 pounds) but is also a kid that gets everything out of his abilities and plays hard nosed all the time.

DB Josh Shodipo Oswego- the more I see the more I like. Has FCS level offers and I feel Josh will be a great fit and a long term starter at the FCS level.

OL Jeremy Cooper Mount Carmel- Didn't know much about Cooper until this camp. Decent size (6-foot-2, 297 pounds) who moved well and who also has good strength. Still has work to do but has a chance to draw fall looks.

RB Sayvaun Roberts Plainfield North- another kid who the more I see the better I like. Has good size (5-foot-10 1/2, 193 pounds) but who also looks to have great burst and sprinters speed. Shocked kore schools have yet to step up here.

LB Joe Bonds DeLaSalle- Bonds, a Western Michigan commit is starting to fully embrace LB and Bonds has added good weight and size (6-foot-2, 211 pounds). Looked very good in positional drills.

OL Connor Forrest Waubonsie Valley- did really well in one on ones and just kept coming back for more and more reps. Will be an inside linemen (6-foot-2, 258 pounds).

DT Noah Shannon Oswego- former Minnesota commit was back for the second straight day. Shannon always does well in these settings, seemed to get a little fatigued towards the end of this camp but he also took a ton of reps. Still one of the top DT's in this class hands down.

LB Joe Perhats Prairie Ridge- Nice to see Perhats added some weight this off season (6-foot-2, 192 pounds) and I was already a fan of his game. Runs well and could end up at say 205-215 range in college as an OLB.

OG Derek Wentworth Minooka- was solid here. Did well in one on one was much more aggressive her compared to the winter. Will play OG/OC at the next level has FCS/D2 abilities.

OL Nolan Feeney Morris- Feeney was jsut very impressive in one on ones. Just went and took as many reps as possible and battled hard. Will play inside at the college level has D2/NAIA potential.

DB Clayton Isbell St. Charles East- Love his game and Isbell is a high level athlete type. Measured in at 6-foot-2, 211 pounds0 and he's also added some good weight this off season. No question he's bigger/stronger from last fall.

LB Sam Limbaugh Marian Central Catholic- MCC head coach Mike Maloney told me to keep an eye on Limbaugh and rightfully so. Has decent size (6-foot-1 1/2 235 pounds) and moves pretty well for an ILB type.

OL Joey Malinowski Blomington Central Catholic- Known more from long snapping, yet Malinowski was more than capable mixing it up in one on ones. Size will limit him to OC/LS at the next level (5-foot-11, 1/2 247 pounds) but it's good to see Malinowski show he's more than capable of handling himself well here.

DB Giavion Mason Bishop McNamara- another repeat camper here see Tuesday's recap for more.

DL Derek Murphy Sandwich- really impressive kid on the hoof (6-foot-6, 228 pounds) who showed really good speed and quickness off the edge. Will no question need to add a bit more strength and weight at the college level but also has a ton of upside here as well.

OL Jose Vazquez Glenbard North- best I've seen him so far in one on ones hands down. Like I told Jose Sr. "He's proven it to me I know what he can do."

Dl Tauru Robertson Jr. H-F- very large young man (6-foot-4 1/2, 307 pounds) who was decent on the DL...but then WMU assistant coach moved Robertson Jr. to OL and he did surprisingly well for not really ever playing the position. No question Robertson jr. has all the ability to convert to the OL at the next level...could be a nice sleeper type here.

LB Mario Wright H-F- can't miss his trademark glasses and you also can't miss Mario's overall game. Just a hard nosed kid who has a ton of tools and upside.

Other 2018 Names of Note

(kids who did well or kids who I've seen multiple times already)

QB Drew Clippart Aurora Christian
DB Arthur Hart Joliet West
QB Evan Lewandowski Lake Zurich
WR Jayvon Blissett Hoffman Estates (see earlier recaps for more)
WR Jacob Temple Gemeva
QB Drake Davis Naperville North
WR Keonta Nixon Glenbard East
WR Devan Cross West Aurora
WR Nick Calcagno Naperville North
RB AJ Deinhart Naperville Central
DB Julian Bell Oswego
DB Luke Ricobene IC
DB Josh Flowers Glenbard North
DB Arthur Veal Brother Rice
S Michael Niemiec Batavia
WR Destin Talbert Hinsdale South