ADVERTISEMENT

Question for my fellow officials

ref2

Oct 23, 2001
Have you been seeing an increase in players whose pants do not cover the knee properly ?

It seems every week it gets worse and worse.

What is your solution to this ever growing problem.

It is a big safety concern. These kids see this crap on TV and they think it is OK.

We are getting tempted to tell the head coach at the pregame if we see a kid come on to the field it is 15 yards on him. Maybe that's the solution, we just don't know.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Cross Bones
One of our varsity kids earlier this season was given 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct for having his pants too high. No warning, no advisement. Flag was thrown and that was that. I understand the officials wanting to enforce the rules, but for something non-violent or non-disrespectful maybe a verbal warning first?

Reactions: Gene K.
Send an e-mail from the entire Chicagoland officials association saying this will be enforced or pay the consequences. It will be hard to do this in week 8 this year. Maybe send an-email in April or May next year?

Half of our crews pregame have come by to warn our players they'll be penalized for not being covered and pointed a few out. Haven't had to tell a kid for a few weeks now.

It would take an awful lot for me to throw a flag on this. Giving a coach 1 strike over knees being covered is a little extreme. Tell the kid in pregame and warn the coach it could be a UNS on him then send the kid out of the game when you see it. When he misses playing time he'll figure it out.

I have a question. - in High School can you have multiple guys in motion at the same time? I was watching LWC and they had 3 or 4 guys moving at the same time on a few different plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT